Can i edit the Firmeware from my Display?

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
Weedlord

Can i edit the Firmeware from my Display?

Post by Weedlord » 14 Feb 2016, 07:26

Hello,

I have this Display: http://www.iiyama.com/gl_en/products/pr ... 90wqsu-b1/

I can not Overklocking this Monitor, i have frame Skipping @ 60 HZ. Can i Edit the Firmeware? And when yes, how?^^

My last Monitor was the BenQ Xl2411Z and i have update the Firmware to v2. with Linux.

Sry for my bad english.

Thx for all help.:)

Trip

Re: Can i edit the Firmeware from my Display?

Post by Trip » 14 Feb 2016, 07:37

Can i Edit the Firmeware? And when yes, how?^^
I would reckon you can do that but first finish a major in electronics or something before you do it. Or be lucky someone with more knowledge posts a tutorial how to do it for your specific monitor. Its pretty tricky to do these things and if it goes wrong you could brick your monitor with a bad firmware.

Weedlord

Post by Weedlord » 14 Feb 2016, 07:42

Yes i know this. I will learn more, i like my new Monitor but i will overklocking the display.:D

Where i find totorials, where i can learn to edit a monitor Firmeware? I have use google, but no helpfull results. I will use time for learn this.

Sry for my bad english, i will learn the language to^^^

Thanks for the answer.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 14 Feb 2016, 09:23

If it was so easy...

Trip

Post by Trip » 14 Feb 2016, 15:00

Weedlord wrote:Where i find totorials, where i can learn to edit a monitor Firmeware?
Its not so easy dude very few people like to burn their hands on this stuff since it is so tricky. You also need knowledge about a lot of components from the monitor to do it correctly and be able to write some firmware in the first place. You usually also need expensive equipment like oscilloscopes or isp devices which most people don't have laying around and I wouldn't bother buying those if you don't use them already.

Weedlord

Post by Weedlord » 14 Feb 2016, 15:07

Ok, i understand. Thx for Help and informations.