Benq XL2430T firmware update

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Thrnarg

Re: Benq XL2430T firmware update

Post by Thrnarg » 24 May 2016, 21:42

Falkentyne wrote:I've asked *****SO****** many times yet not a SINGLE PERSON has dumped the firmware? I said you can buy the Mstar ISP unit and dump it (and flash it with a 98% chance of success). You can even USE LINUX and read the existing firmware (using the Linux instructions) but stopping before the "write" part, with a ZERO chance of bricking the monitor. Yet, after all these months, not a SINGLE person has manned up and tried for the benefit of everyone else.

I even have Linux step by step instructions, where you can stop after reading the firmware. You can dump the existing firmware. The problems recently (probably due to UEFI Bioses) and people getting the DVI EDID corrupted after flashing were only on Linux, not on the mstar device.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... &start=200

(This can flash with a very very low chance of failure as Benq uses this device. I've even intentionally bricked a VG248QE by flashing a XL2420Z firmware into it and then RECOVERED the monitor by reflashing it.

That's just pathetic that no one has even tried to dump the firmware. I don't even have this monitor, yet I'm upset by the lack of people unwilling to help others who DO need the firmware, even if its at the flasher (flashing other people's dumps) own risk. Some might even be willing to buy the Mstar device to avoid a time consuming Benq RMA and shipping costs period.
Hi, I came across this site (and post or related posts) last week and have managed to get everything required setup and installed on Linux for reading and writing firmware. I had a XL2430T with V006 firmware which I successfully read the firmware from and have written it to 2 other XL2430Ts which was successful twice (failed once, reflashed and was all good).

This firmware is shared at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B98eDj ... sp=sharing
If there are other firmwares required for BenQ monitors I may be able to help, flick me a message.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 24 May 2016, 21:52

Thank you very much!
I'll post this on my onedrive along with the other Benq firmware.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... lder%2cRAR

ninya

Post by ninya » 07 Jun 2016, 17:31

Thanks for posting the firmware. Successfully flashed updated from V2 to V6 with the MSTAR unit (vga, monitor on), however it doesn't seem to have fixed the backlight remaining on when the monitor is in standby mode, could you confirm?

Thrnarg

Post by Thrnarg » 08 Jun 2016, 01:05

ninya wrote:Thanks for posting the firmware. Successfully flashed updated from V2 to V6 with the MSTAR unit (vga, monitor on), however it doesn't seem to have fixed the backlight remaining on when the monitor is in standby mode, could you confirm?
That will probably be because the monitor power supply is faulty, you may need to get that unit RAed or repaired.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Jun 2016, 03:33

ninya wrote:Thanks for posting the firmware. Successfully flashed updated from V2 to V6 with the MSTAR unit (vga, monitor on), however it doesn't seem to have fixed the backlight remaining on when the monitor is in standby mode, could you confirm?
This is a hardware flaw. Benq was able to reproduce this in their labs but this can not be fixed without sending it to them. This issue is specific to the XL2430T. As the above poster said, it requires an RMA to them, as there is no guarantee that a RMA to the place of purchase (unless you purchased it from Benq's shop) would result in a fixed replacement.

Morenomdz

Post by Morenomdz » 11 Jun 2016, 13:02

I am having issues getting a proper calibration on my unit, it always feels either to whiteish at one color vibrance setting or black crushed at another option, would that firmware update help my issue? My xl2430t is at v4 right now.

nhn

Post by nhn » 07 Jan 2017, 11:02

Falkentyne wrote:
This is a hardware flaw. Benq was able to reproduce this in their labs but this can not be fixed without sending it to them. This issue is specific to the XL2430T. As the above poster said, it requires an RMA to them, as there is no guarantee that a RMA to the place of purchase (unless you purchased it from Benq's shop) would result in a fixed replacement.
I updated my XL2430t from V2 to V6 as well, the backlight issues is still there for me. Should I flash back to V2 before sending my monitor to BenQ for RMA?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 07 Jan 2017, 15:49

No just send it in.

zekkj7

Post by zekkj7 » 08 Feb 2017, 15:40

nhn how u update ur firmware? i want update mine

nhn

Post by nhn » 08 Feb 2017, 16:16

zekkj7 wrote:nhn how u update ur firmware? i want update mine
with falkentyne's tutorial, http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... &start=200 (you have to scroll down a bit to the long post)
he even has an online drive for the newer firmwares https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3ef835cb ... vrhbxDkLUE

just read through this thread