Nvidia and CS GO Lowest Input LAG

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
lexlazootin

Re: Nvidia and CS GO Lowest Input LAG

Post by lexlazootin » 14 Nov 2016, 04:57

Gaming modes are more of a TV thing, i don't think i can think of a monitor in recent history that uses "Instant" modes besides the Benqs.

If you want to see Flood aka qsxcv tear R0ach a new one, read this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1546025/skyl ... -cursor/30

It's a classic. :lol: (Edit: Maybe don't, it's honestly kind of infuriating watching R0aches disciples try and defend him) :x

The blue one is different? i thought it was just the same as the WMO or whatever.

If i remember correctly the the Bloody mouse at the very bottom uses a laser sight that fires across the switch for detection which i think is pretty nifty idea.

stirner

Post by stirner » 14 Nov 2016, 14:27

Well, BENQs are pretty popular gaming monitors. :p
But I had just wanted to add that as it's a simple yet effectively latency-reducing measure if available.

I was actually in that thread. qsxcv had obviously shown very early on that there's no latency difference, and that's probably where the thread should have been closed already. But then they changed their narrative from "noticeable lack of response", "increased buffering", "increase in latency" to just saying it "feels different" and other mysterious crap just so they have something to stand on that cannot be disproven because it is not a sensical claim to begin with. The whole thing was non-sensical altogether anyway, seeing as how USB 2.0 device operation on USB 3.0 controllers is the exact same thing as 2.0 device on 2.0 controllers.

And yes, the Optical Mouse Blue differs quite significantly from the WMO: it's shorter and more narrow, glossy, sensor position more centered, wheel is different and actuates at random less often (practically never), and some other less relevant differences. Mine's pretty beat up (front part broke off, had to solder in a new microswitch, coating has patches), but the click mount breaking is what's made it unusable to me - I've fixed it provisionally, but there's just too little pre-actuation travel (read: none) for it to feel good. I will ask for advice somewhere else, this is pretty off-topic as is. Or I'll just look for a new one/one of the similar Microsoft mice to take the click mount out of.

Optical microswitches, that's right. But it's not like you can't get low-latency debounce with mechanical microswitches... it's just that the industry is kind of retarded? Even Logitech went from a history of having a lot of ~1ms debounce mice to now ~5ms.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 14 Nov 2016, 15:19

stirner wrote: Optical microswitches, that's right. But it's not like you can't get low-latency debounce with mechanical microswitches... it's just that the industry is kind of retarded? Even Logitech went from a history of having a lot of ~1ms debounce mice to now ~5ms.
Don't even get me started. I just had to replace a switch because cooler master decided not to use the NC contact for debouncing, so the click would randomly release halfway through a drag. I could understand this failure mode existing if they were using single throw switches, but no. They make a big deal about using more expensive switches for the left and right click, and still design it to fail.

Well, at least I now have a worn out switch to play with. Maybe next time I'll mod in an SR latch instead of just replacing the switch.

stirner

Post by stirner » 14 Nov 2016, 19:10

Sparky wrote:so the click would randomly release halfway through a drag.
Truly one of the worst feelings.

I have no idea how the industry functions like that. It's definitely not malice, so that leaves incompetence, which doesn't seem likely because it is impossible to think that they couldn't easily solve these kinds of issues if they attempted to - or indifference, which is still perplexing, but most likely what's happening. The hardware and even firmware/software is not developed in-house for... any mouse brand, is it? Logitech tests their stuff more thoroughly and has more communication with the factories, but that's about it?

So mostly they just eat this crap like we do, but as opposed to us feel no need to point it out to the Asian manufacturing branch because it doesn't affect sales... who themselves couldn't care less? Since the reality of the business doesn't give reason to believe there are all these technical engineers employed by mouse brands, I can't help but think it's all small teams of handfuls of business men and marketing folk, maybe some contracting for design and graphic work going on aside from that. The electronics and code work just come shipped ready in all their messy glory from the same few manufacturing sites that haven't significantly changed the way mouse PCB and code work since... optical mice were first introduced? And those people also probably have no connection to the end-user realities whatsoever.

Dunno, it all is very mysterious how they can screw up on this basic a level time and again.

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 17 Nov 2016, 15:29

What mouse is the very first one in the graph made by Bloody?

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 17 Nov 2016, 20:16

The second one called Bloody TL8 :lol:

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 17 Nov 2016, 20:23

the graph is made by bloody, silly

what mouse is the lowest at -1.4 called nmouse4k er something.. i've searched and can't find it

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 17 Nov 2016, 20:53

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:the graph is made by bloody, silly
Are you really that daft? :) The mouse is called Bloody TL8.

https://www.amazon.com/A4Tech-Bloody-TL ... B00JB56B76
what mouse is the lowest at -1.4 called nmouse4k er something.. i've searched and can't find it
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nmouse4k

First link.

sreten

Post by sreten » 19 Nov 2016, 02:56

Thank you so much for your input stirner I told my friend what you said and he just has couple more questions if it is alright.

What about gamma correction in nvidia? Does it add input lag or anything?
What about noforce commands do they not work on CS GO? Do you have to have m_rawinput 0 for them?
Is m_rawinput 1 the best to use, least amount of input lag? If you use m_rawinput 1 than noforce commands are useless right?

Thanks alot for the information from everyone and I appreciate all the help. I am relaying the input to my friend.

stirner

Post by stirner » 23 Nov 2016, 07:26

What about gamma correction in nvidia? Does it add input lag or anything?
Not that I'd know. Or could see how, for that matter; it's not post-processive but a technique applied in render stage from what I can see, so as long as performance is equal so is latency.
What about noforce commands do they not work on CS GO? Do you have to have m_rawinput 0 for them?
They do work if you use "-useforcedmparms" in addition. Yes, you'd have to use m_rawinput 0 with that. But again, there's no reason to use the noforce commands anymore. 1.6 forced EPP on, GO does not. Sensitivity scales properly. No accel is applied if you don't activate it manually in Windows or the in-game.
Is m_rawinput 1 the best to use, least amount of input lag? If you use m_rawinput 1 than noforce commands are useless right?
Same amount of input lag (which is: essentially none whatsoever). It's best to use raw input, yes. Standard input has "negative acceleration" due to your cursor hitting the resolutive borders of your virtual screen (this effect is more significant the higher your CPI, lower your in-game sensitivity and smaller your in-game resolution are). Standard input also discards some mouse reports because there is a small time window between the game calling certain cursor functions during which all occuring mouse reports are ignored. The impact on your actual in-game tracking is not noteworthy, but it's an unnecessary imperfection. Just use raw input.

You're welcome!