No-latency overclockable (up to 1080p@~270Hz) board preorder

Talk about overclocking displays at a higher refresh rate. This includes homebrew, 165Hz, QNIX, Catleap, Overlord Tempest, SEIKI displays, certain HDTVs, and other overclockable displays.
lexlazootin

Re: No-latency overclockable (up to 1080p@~270Hz) board preo

Post by lexlazootin » 22 Jun 2016, 21:57

Very interested in the new ASUS PG258Q 240hz panel and have to figure out if i can get one for myself and if it will work with my board.

Hopefully it's much nicer than the panel i have now :)

Manimal 5000

Post by Manimal 5000 » 14 Aug 2016, 00:21

Hey you guys left me hanging with the back of my TV off. Not cool.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 06 Sep 2016, 07:03

So i come home and my dad made me a bezel for my monitor!

http://imgur.com/a/O5oPD
EDIT: God, that IPhone 4 image quality is pretty good lol.

I'm pretty late i know, but it does have a back plate and he's working on a stand so i can raise it a bit.

He did end up snapping one of the cables (which he fixed by stripping it and twisting it together :? :? :? ) and breaking my 2foot DVI cable that i was using. At first when it didn't turn on and i thought he broke it, god i felt sick... :cry:

But ziz, i don't think i can thank you enough, i love this monitor! If you work on something new i would love to know :)

badugib

Post by badugib » 15 Oct 2016, 23:04

hey, noticed that CSGO seems to cap at 240 hz. I can overclock it to 270hz on the desktop from Cirthix's board but when I used -freq or -refresh I wasn't sure if it's really displaying 270. Just to make sure, I checked Vsync on just to display how many fps its running and its only capping at 240hz. Is this just the valve engine just capping or the monitor unable to display 270hz in game?

BTW cirthix, you rock! Thank you so much for this board! It is awesome.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 16 Oct 2016, 00:37

badugib wrote:hey, noticed that CSGO seems to cap at 240 hz. I can overclock it to 270hz on the desktop from Cirthix's board but when I used -freq or -refresh I wasn't sure if it's really displaying 270. Just to make sure, I checked Vsync on just to display how many fps its running and its only capping at 240hz. Is this just the valve engine just capping or the monitor unable to display 270hz in game?

BTW cirthix, you rock! Thank you so much for this board! It is awesome.
You using Nvidia driver to overclock or CRU? I've had problems with games not noticing NVCP overclocks. Also for HL i notice that only -hz worked in certain situations.

Did you get your board recently? were from?

Does your monitor really do 270 with no glitching? i get a bunch of coloured dots or what not :cry:

badugib

Post by badugib » 16 Oct 2016, 03:43

well honestly it does have some dots. but it's very tolerable! I love it. I got lucked out with the panel. Yes I used the nvidia custom resolution to output 270. Would it be better if I used cru? I got my board very recently at visworks. I emailed them and we worked out the pricing and the shipping costs. THey email very promptly as well.

edit**
actually, I found out the fix for it. In my nvidia settings i've changed my "fixed refresh" to "ulmb" and it worked.

AustinClark

Post by AustinClark » 16 Oct 2016, 14:54

So, where's the project at now? Is the DisplayPort version anywhere near full development yet? Are you still actively selling? EDIT: Nevermind, watched your video's and saw that it is completed :)

Is G-sync possible to duplicate on your boards? (Not that you'd need it at such high refresh rates, probably). I'm guessing they have their own proprietary tech that you'd have to reverse engineer? Freesync? EDIT: Again, watched your video. It's possible but not yet implemented. Hope to hear more about it in the future.

What about backlight strobing? EDIT: AGAIN, watched your video and realized it's supported. :)

Also, I'd be willing to bet that an FPGA version that allows for hardware Overdrive (even perhaps per-panel custom Overdrive) would be a hot seller, despite the high cost. I know I'd be interested in it. There's really no limit to what some people will spend to have the very best.

Perhaps the entire project could be open at some point? Schematics, VHDL/Verilog, technical information, broken-out headers. Could you imagine? With a community behind development, the potential is huge. Hackaday would certainly promote it, and if you play the cards right, you could make good money on "official" ready-built and tested modules/platforms (not unlike Arduino). A kickstarter campaign of some sort in conjunction would work really well.

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 09 Dec 2016, 19:53

This is all way above my head except for "No-latency overclockable (up to 1080p@~270Hz) board preorder" lol

Is there site to visit, maybe a FAQ section e.g. what monitors are supported. hopefully the Asus VG248QE early versions are

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 09 Dec 2016, 22:54

His marketing budget isn't very high. ;)

But yes, you email him and send him cash and he will send you the board, you can ask him questions and he will help you out setting it up over skype.

But you are right, it would help him a lot to have a Q/A and just a "I don't quite understand what this is" section.

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 10 Dec 2016, 00:17

Were you able to keep your panel and stand together? Will I have to leave my monitor disassembled for it to work? I didn't quite get some things people were replying about.

Are there any limitations like pixel speed er anything i can mention that I don't know what I'm talking about and ask questions about, lol