Would plasma TV give similar results when playing consoles?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)

spacediver

Re: Would plasma TV give similar results when playing consol

Post by spacediver » 15 Jan 2017, 11:35

If you have a question, ask it. And don't be lazy.

J-Maxwell

Post by J-Maxwell » 15 Jan 2017, 11:40

spacediver wrote:If you have a question, ask it. And don't be lazy.
I don't understand? The question was in the thread title?

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 15 Jan 2017, 11:57

Your question isn't properly formed. Similar results to what? To a computer monitor? To an LCD TV?

You're coming here, asking others to help you with something. The least you can do is properly form your question to make it easier to answer. Be specific. Similar along what dimension? Input lag? Motion clarity? Image quality?

It comes across as lazy and entitled when you post a "half question" in the title without even any content in the post itself. There are actual people here who have to take time and energy to construct a useful answer. The least you could do is show some effort and formulate a good question.

J-Maxwell

Post by J-Maxwell » 15 Jan 2017, 12:09

spacediver wrote:Your question isn't properly formed. Similar results to what? To a computer monitor? To an LCD TV?

You're coming here, asking others to help you with something. The least you can do is properly form your question to make it easier to answer. Be specific. Similar along what dimension? Input lag? Motion clarity? Image quality?

It comes across as lazy and entitled when you post a "half question" in the title without even any content in the post itself. There are actual people here who have to take time and energy to construct a useful answer. The least you could do is show some effort and formulate a good question.
Alright sorry about that. I guess I thought since this particular part of the forum was about a specific set of monitors, which dealt with motion blur reduction, that it would be obvious what i meant with the question.

So I'm asking if plasma TVs would give similar results to the Benq blur reduction feature of those monitors when playing consoles on them at 60hz.

Thanks.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 15 Jan 2017, 13:49

J-Maxwell wrote:So I'm asking if plasma TVs would give similar results to the Benq blur reduction feature of those monitors when playing consoles on them at 60hz.
Thanks.
No.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Jan 2017, 21:58

Generally, no.

You will get a lot less motion blur than many LCD default modes.... But it won't be as clean a blur reduction (for games) as LightBoost

However, there are some LCD HDTV's that have great motion-blur-reducing modes that are reasonably compatible with console gaming, like "Sony Motionflow Impulse" -- a 60Hz strobe backlight ala LightBoost.

RTings.com has adopted the Blur Busters pursuit camera tests (they credit us here), and does really good motion blur tests on HDTV's. e.g. http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x830c .... For HDTV reviews for televisions for consoles/monitor use, they are a great place.

What you want is a TV that RTINGS.com has confirmed "BFI in Game Mode" -- that is often LightBoost-style strobe backlight operation on a HDTV to eliminate motion blur.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!