BlurBusters in the Oculus Rift video from LinusTechTips

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Haste

BlurBusters in the Oculus Rift video from LinusTechTips

Post by Haste » 24 Jan 2014, 14:11

LinusTechTips mentioned the BlurBusters website in their Oculus Rift Overview. They talk about the new prototype featuring low persistence displays and confirm that these use strobbing.

Congrats Chief! ;)

Edit: video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJv_zTaIUo0
Last edited by Haste on 24 Jan 2014, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BlurBusters in the Oculus Rift video from LinusTechTips

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 14:32

Thanks for the heads up!

This is the video:

phpBB [video]

Blur Buster is mentioned at about ~4:30, and the website at about ~4:50.

Oculus was one of the first companies to gain access to TestUFO.com six months before it launched. I gave Palmer Luckey passworded access in early 2013, and gave him the tools necessary to demonstrate the magic of low persistence (via LightBoost monitors) to other people within Oculus. This was long before they snagged John Carmack!

I can confirm I'm one of the people responsible for convincing Oculus to go down the "low persistence" path -- about 12 months ago!

Mark Rejhon
Chief Blur Buster
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 24 Jan 2014, 16:02

I don't like to badmouth others, but I have to say, is LinusTechTips now considered some kind of authority? I have watched some of his videos on occasion, and the impression I get is that mostly he doesn't understand what he's talking about. All he seems to do is simply advertise products and read the "features" sticker on the box of the hardware he presents while having no clue what any of it means :P
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jan 2014, 16:12

Na -- it's more vice versa I believe -- I am on friendly terms with a number of review sites now (CNet, LinusTechTips, pcmonitors, TFTCentral, AnandTech, HDTVTest.co.uk, PCGamesHardware, overclock.net etc). Several writers now look up to Blur Busters as an authoritative source of motion blur related information.

I'm happy as long as persistence / motion blur is getting more coverage in general, no matter who. The collaborative net intelligence about motion blur is slowly increasing. It would have been improving much more slowly (or not at all) without Blur Busters' voice -- it is a major reason Blur Busters got started, to get a much louder voice to the motion blur problem, that's finally getting more attention for gaming than it was before! The forum collective went "huh?" to my writings in 2012, but slowly, more and more people Internet-wide are slowly beginning to understand ("aha!") today. Still a niche, but a much bigger niche now.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

petchorin

Post by petchorin » 28 Mar 2017, 04:12

Well it has been five years since 2012. You have done an amazing actual journalistic job.
Yet it seems manufacturers are comfortable with display flaws. Flaws helped the industry maintaining a price segmented market for the last 20 years and for the next 10 years. Not a single manufacturer dared to produce CRT monitors again.

Illuninati inside :mrgreen: