apex legends not smooth

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Stimpy7314

apex legends not smooth

Post by Stimpy7314 » 12 Jan 2024, 19:20

Hey y'all

When i look at certain poi's (especially the big ones) my screen looks really choppy, and it doesn't feel quite right even tho i'm hitting 144 fps all the time, i always thought that it was a hardware issue because with my previous system I couldn't hit 144 fps all the time, which will lead to unstable frametimes.

Now i got a completely new system, and the issue is still there! I really cant pin point it out because everything is fine with my system, it isn't thermal trotting or unstable in any way.

Other games feel completely normal to me. Its definitely apex only. Coming from fortnite this game feels absolute trash.

TheKelz

Re: apex legends not smooth

Post by TheKelz » 13 Jan 2024, 13:06

Stimpy7314 wrote:
12 Jan 2024, 19:20
Hey y'all

When i look at certain poi's (especially the big ones) my screen looks really choppy, and it doesn't feel quite right even tho i'm hitting 144 fps all the time, i always thought that it was a hardware issue because with my previous system I couldn't hit 144 fps all the time, which will lead to unstable frametimes.

Now i got a completely new system, and the issue is still there! I really cant pin point it out because everything is fine with my system, it isn't thermal trotting or unstable in any way.

Other games feel completely normal to me. Its definitely apex only. Coming from fortnite this game feels absolute trash.
Yo stimpy,

That's weird. What are the specs of your new system? Is it AMD? If you remember, I tried it on my i9 10850k system and it felt buttery smooth. Do you have a checkbox set for "Enable settings for the selected display model" in NVCP > Set up G-Sync?

MSIfanboy

Post by MSIfanboy » 13 Jan 2024, 13:22

its the game, and highly server dependent, some games it feels alright, sometimes like i am playing 80fps despite 240fps locked

running rivatuner and scanline sync can mitigate a lot, but you trade input lag for smoother game

apex is one of the worse feeling FPS games

if you plug in a controller it feels way smoother

500hz doesnt help that much

playing tdm or mixtape with less people and less load on the server, it feels vastly better

TLDR: i have had 2 good PCs, feels choppy on both, no settings help, its the game and servers

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 13 Jan 2024, 14:01

Biggest issue of apex is 20hz tickrate, this game will never run well...

ApexLeg

Post by ApexLeg » 13 Jan 2024, 14:06

Disagree. The game runs flawless for me 95% of matches (apart from the awful desync I get which I've been digging into the last few days which looks to be account and IP routing related)

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 13 Jan 2024, 15:22

TheKelz wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 13:06
Stimpy7314 wrote:
Hey y'all

Yo stimpy,

That's weird. What are the specs of your new system? Is it AMD? If you remember, I tried it on my i9 10850k system and it felt buttery smooth. Do you have a checkbox set for "Enable settings for the selected display model" in NVCP > Set up G-Sync?
Yooo kelz, whats up?

I've moved from a r5 3600 to a 5800x, changed the ram aswell, got a tridentz 32gb kit (3600mhz) idk if u remembered my specs but gpu, mb are not changed. I just replaced the parts u mentioned me, i knew this wasn't going to fix apex

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 13 Jan 2024, 15:28

MSIfanboy wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 13:22
its the game, and highly server dependent, some games it feels alright, sometimes like i am playing 80fps despite 240fps locked

running rivatuner and scanline sync can mitigate a lot, but you trade input lag for smoother game

apex is one of the worse feeling FPS games

if you plug in a controller it feels way smoother

500hz doesnt help that much

playing tdm or mixtape with less people and less load on the server, it feels vastly better

TLDR: i have had 2 good PCs, feels choppy on both, no settings help, its the game and servers
I mean yeah, sometimes it feels smooth, but during peak hours it feels f*cking trash.

Didn't played for a while now until i got my new parts which I thought it was going to magically fix it, but nothing lol. I guess i just have to deal with it or just uninstall this game

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 13 Jan 2024, 15:35

Stimpy7314 wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 15:22
TheKelz wrote:
Stimpy7314 wrote:
Hey y'all

Yo stimpy,

Yooo kelz, whats up?

I've moved from a r5 3600 to a 5800x, changed the ram aswell, got a tridentz 32gb kit (3600mhz) idk if u remembered my specs but gpu, mb are not changed. I just replaced the parts u mentioned me, i knew this wasn't going to fix apex
Hey man. Doing okay, my issue is much better now because I actually learned lots of things.

Anyways, I still believe it's an AMD issue. I'm sensitive to low smoothness myself and Apex was buttery smooth for me for as long as I played it. Since RAM didn't fix the issue, it must be AMD imo.

Stimpy7314

Post by Stimpy7314 » 13 Jan 2024, 18:11

TheKelz wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 15:35
Stimpy7314 wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
Stimpy7314 wrote:
Hey y'all

Yo stimpy,

Yooo kelz, whats up?

Hey man. Doing okay, my issue is much better now because I actually learned lots of things.

Anyways, I still believe it's an AMD issue. I'm sensitive to low smoothness myself and Apex was buttery smooth for me for as long as I played it. Since RAM didn't fix the issue, it must be AMD imo.
Good good, i mean my pc feels good too rn! Its just apex again lol, i quitted the game for a year, came back a month ago when i got my new parts, but I regret playing it again :lol:

But damm, good for you that your issues have been "fixed" or better now, also why amd specifically if i may ask?

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 14 Jan 2024, 03:18

Stimpy7314 wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 18:11
TheKelz wrote:
13 Jan 2024, 15:35
Stimpy7314 wrote:
TheKelz wrote:

Yo stimpy,

Yooo kelz, whats up?

Good good, i mean my pc feels good too rn! Its just apex again lol, i quitted the game for a year, came back a month ago when i got my new parts, but I regret playing it again :lol:

But damm, good for you that your issues have been "fixed" or better now, also why amd specifically if i may ask?
The reason itself specifically I cannot tell, but if you remember I used to tell you that most people who say Apex isn't smooth are AMD CPU owners and on top of that, there's one guy that I know closely that purchased my old RAM kit from me, he really has no idea about computers so he always contacts me about everything. He recently contacted me asking why Apex feels jittery and guess what? He has an AMD processor as well lol. So I just made a conclusion that the game just does not work well on AMD CPUs. I don't know man, I've played lots of games now and Apex still felt buttery and better than some games like The Finals that I'm playing right now.