Long time lurker, Inconsistent, Annoying, On and Off mouse input lag. EXTREMELY close to quitting PC gaming ANY ideas?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Noirpirate85

Re: Long time lurker, Inconsistent, Annoying, On and Off mouse input lag. EXTREMELY close to quitting PC gaming ANY idea

Post by Noirpirate85 » 13 Jan 2024, 13:25

fatehasfans wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 17:36
Did you find a solution?

I've had the same problem now for about 3 years+ and I've changed ALL the hardware in my PC. Like you I had an Intel chip then switched to AMD and same issue. I changed FX card also from 1080TI to RX6900XT. Also did Ram, PSU, Mobo, SD drives, mice, keyboard, monitors.

All the same :/

Any help would be fantastic.

have the same isssue on almost every computer in the house even on a laptop and i tested the laptop outside where there shouldnt bee elctrical distractions ... so maybe its related to the stationary mobile antenna 4g/5g above 300 meters away from our house... maybe electricyty probleme or just something wrong how windows handels mouse movement prior 3-5 years agobut could it be something with the uefi shell itself because i have the same problems using bios... but bios works in uefi mode as i thougth ... dont really have a clue

fatehasfans

Re: Long time lurker, Inconsistent, Annoying, On and Off mouse input lag. EXTREMELY close to quitting PC gaming ANY idea

Post by fatehasfans » 20 Feb 2024, 16:26

If you come up with anything let me know! Thanks.

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 24 May 2024, 12:26

Eonds wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 01:19
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 12:33
Here are four tips to smooth out your mouse pointer.

1. Please turn off Enhance Pointer Precision, and try middle setting. The Enhance Pointer Precision behavior is not very windowed-GSYNC-friendly.

2. Try temporarily turning off GSYNC and see what happens to your mouse pointer.
Another good compromise is to turn off windowed GSYNC, because when a framerate decreases, the refresh rate also decreases, which can vary the choppiness of mouse pointer. 57fps means 57Hz which means your mouse cursor updates at 57Hz. This will kill your mouse pointer fluidity. If you hate mouse pointer erratic behavior, then do not use GSYNC. Instead, use brute refresh cycles (240Hz or 360Hz) to de-stutter things instead (without sacrificing mouse pointer fluidity). 144fps is very smooth at 360Hz VSYNC OFF because tearlines are only visible for 1/360sec, and VSYNC microsttutter is capped to a 1/360sec stutter error for either framerate or for mouse pointer.

3. Please try a mouse with a newer 3389 or 3399 sensor. There are multiple mice with these newer lower-jitter sensors. My favourite is currently Razer 8KHz, configured to 2000Hz or 4000Hz (you can get 90% of the benefits of 8000Hz by using 2000Hz).

4. Please verify that your USB port is not at fault. If you are using a high-Hz keyboard (1000Hz keyboard), please buy a PCIe USB card, so your high-Hz keyboard and high-Hz mouse are on separate USB chips. Or play the USB port roulette, see this thread at why this helps

5. Consider raising your monitor refresh rate to 240Hz or 360Hz. It will make the pointer smoother, especially if you use VSYNC OFF.

There are many solutions available to your mouse pointer problem, especially if you do multiple of the above simultaneously.
The only reason a "PCIE usb card" would realistically be better is if the interrupt rate is better (which it is). It can be changed manually on any USB controller via RW. You can disable it actually. The polling rate is much better and if not the same as a PCIE usb card.
What is RW? Is it a software?

Sandy

Post by Sandy » 24 May 2024, 12:30

nyxo100 wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 17:34
Yeah i feel the pain my situation is also the same since 2015 no fix the only thing you can do is live with this painfull issue this issue happens in gaming notebooks and in consoles too so my suspects is related to a really bad electric infrastructure or interference :|
Try using your laptop's internal battery as this is clean DC power.