Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
jassine

Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by jassine » 24 May 2024, 16:05

Hello guys,
I have this issue while gaming; an unexplained delay or buffering, my enemies are super fast, it looks like they see me before i do by 1 sec, i die before i can even shoot a bullet, it looks like they killed me with one bullet but after watching the replay, they shot me with 4 or 5 bullets and im standing there like a bot, no reaction xD.

You know what i mean because i read many topics on this group about this same problem but different netwok card (only intel cards). I tried every solution here, electricity, msi mode, InterruptPolicy, registry edits, .... did not help. The only thing that helped a bit and saw a change is changing transmit and receive buffer size.

Every game has its own Rx and Tx, for example:

- Apex: tx 59 / rx 0
- Valorant: tx 4096 / rx 2048

Maybe someone here has a Realtek network card and foud a solution. Thanks a lot.

gemarda

Re: Realtek Gaming 2.5gbe Family Controller Network Lag/Delay

Post by gemarda » 24 May 2024, 17:52

I just comment to second this, i remember having a laptop with Realtek nic and when i disabled it and played with WiFi the games works so good, at the moment i disable the device in dev manager the mouse instant feel different

In my current rig i only have Realtek lan so just have to live with that. I'm thinking about buy a wifi usb or ethernet usb adapter to try but not sure what is the best option, what you guys think?.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 24 May 2024, 17:58

I think that it has nothing to do with my hitreg/desync issue. Another placebo and everything is on provider side. Greedy ISP squeezing every penny from customers = traffic bottlenecking. Most of pros play on business connection with packet prioritization. Unfortunately in my country very few offers it because providers like Orange or T-Mobile doesn't give a shit about players.

jassine

Post by jassine » 24 May 2024, 18:16

gemarda wrote:
24 May 2024, 17:52
In my current rig i only have Realtek lan so just have to live with that. I'm thinking about buy a wifi usb or ethernet usb adapter to try but not sure what is the best option, what you guys think?.
im really thinking about that too, im looking for ethernet usb adapter that has the ability to modify trransmit and receive buffer and also RSS.

cursed-gamer wrote:
24 May 2024, 17:58
I think that it has nothing to do with my hitreg/desync issue. Another placebo and everything is on provider side. Greedy ISP squeezing every penny from customers = traffic bottlenecking.
true, itcould be ISP issue. business plans are very expensive for me (like 5x regular plan)

gemarda

Post by gemarda » 24 May 2024, 18:34

in my with transmit and receive buffers, i've tried with some values, ex: 128/512 default - 1024/2048 (it's like bullets hit 'better' but a bit 'slower' in terms of the enemies dying when i shoot them, yes it's strange to explain :P) - 64/64 (for me, give me best results with a 'faster' gameplay).

and with the RSS thing, i play with the realtek driver with msi mode unchecked, if i understand correctly this disable that option. Tried both msi mode and line based and this is the best setting for me. Obviously every pc is a world and can change in other setups.

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 24 May 2024, 20:09

gemarda wrote:
24 May 2024, 18:34
in my with transmit and receive buffers, i've tried with some values, ex: 128/512 default - 1024/2048 (it's like bullets hit 'better' but a bit 'slower' in terms of the enemies dying when i shoot them, yes it's strange to explain :P) - 64/64 (for me, give me best results with a 'faster' gameplay).

and with the RSS thing, i play with the realtek driver with msi mode unchecked, if i understand correctly this disable that option. Tried both msi mode and line based and this is the best setting for me. Obviously every pc is a world and can change in other setups.
Hi this is my first post in this forum,is my settings the right way?
Attachments
net.JPG
net.JPG (233.65 KiB) Viewed 2127 times

gemarda

Post by gemarda » 24 May 2024, 21:06

JimCarry wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:09
gemarda wrote:

and with the RSS thing, i play with the realtek driver with msi mode unchecked, if i understand correctly this disable thImageat option. Tried both msi mode and line based and this is the best setting for me. Obviously every pc is a world and can change in other setups.
Hi Jim! i use the same settings in the advanced tab of device manager, but all the offload with rx tx enabled, about the cmd is left default, and with the msi mode, i use this:

https://ibb.co/s6sGZr6

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 24 May 2024, 21:44

gemarda wrote:
24 May 2024, 21:06
JimCarry wrote:
gemarda wrote:

and with the RSS thing, i play with the realtek driver with msi mode unchecked, if i understand correctly this disable thImageat option. Tried both msi mode and line based and this is the best setting for me. Obviously every pc is a world and can change in other setups.
Hi Jim! i use the same settings in the advanced tab of device manager, but all the offload with rx tx enabled, about the cmd is left default, and with the msi mode, i use this:

I just want to add that i just check for updates on net adapter and there it was the new update as you see in the sceen,there is change in the driver version and date,now i have he 2024 driver but everthing is the same as the last one from 2023 except "Receive Buffers" default is 1024?! before this update the default was 512,"Transmit Buffers" did not change in both drivers(128).When i open he "Msi_util ver3" Realtek net adapter was High priority and in msi mode on,Should i untick the msi mode off like i use to have it ? and should priority be High or Undefined like yours?
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (188.66 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
Last edited by JimCarry on 25 May 2024, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

jassine

Post by jassine » 25 May 2024, 10:40

JimCarry wrote:
About RSS, did you enable it manually or it was enabled by default ? because mine doesn't exist at all.

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 25 May 2024, 11:43

jassine wrote:
25 May 2024, 10:40
JimCarry wrote:
About RSS, did you enable it manually or it was enabled by default ? because mine doesn't exist at all.
When i install or update in my case ,my Realtek RTL8111H puts almost all settings enabled,but i disabled all of them.
For some reason i cant upload screenshot to show you when i try ti add file it says: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

But you can openpowershell and type get-netadapteradvancedproperty and see you have rss if not you can add it by hand in the registry if you wish it so much.