Counter-Strike 2 Issues

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Counter-Strike 2 Issues

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 14 May 2024, 04:00

agstrato wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 12:31
I'm gonna try to keep this as short as i can. So i have been doing a lot of testing lately and also watching what my console spits out when things go crazy in game, you know bullets disappearing, enemies moving unnatural etc. It seems that whenever i have an issue this thing pops up in console in groups by 2:

"CAnimGraphNetworkedVariables::UpdateHistoryElementFromNetworkData( 93137 ) Rewinding time on animgraph interpolation history entries for entity 663 "csgo_viewmodel". 1455.265625 < 1455.328125"

I would like you guys to tell me if you also get this stuff in console, there are more but this particular message is sent when you can't move your mouse good and enemy has weird movement.

I also find that it's somehow related to the MTU values of internet connection. I have been suspecting this for a long while but people seem to disagree without giving any reason. It would really help if there was anyone here with MTU 1500. In order to easily check for MTU values i use a small program called mturoute, so i don't start manually pinging ips etc. You can get this from https://download.elifulkerson.com//file ... uroute.exe

The usage for the program is pretty simple just open cmd and change to dir where you downloaded mturoute.exe and insert:
mturoute.exe -t 1.1.1.1

Funny that i was watching random videos on youtube about pros playing CS2 from home and i found this one video where i can see b1t`s console and i also seen the same error. Please do not use a 4G connection, i know almost all are 1500MTU but with the instability they have it's not a proper test.
I think I have responded to this over reddit. Those messages appear mainly when you start the famous CS habit of switching weapons back and forth. For some reason every time I do it, I get those messages, however, not on all servers! I also have a similar "kind-of" problem in a totally different game, where switching weapons back and forth would immediately cause my game to start stuttering for the rest of the session when certain actions are made, like repairing or healing. It's weird!

Repairing or healing in that game creates a visual link between you and the target you are repairing or healing, and something along way with the UI starts to get buggy when I do the switching. I'll share a video to explain this better:

https://youtu.be/OLnhGgn7-7E?si=naJmMkUDUybinW9x

You might not understand a lot from what's going on, however MSI's monitoring outlay is on.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

agstrato

Post by agstrato » 21 May 2024, 11:41

Sorry guys, i've been away for some time and haven't been able to answer. I finally did get a line with 1500 MTU and game is much better, i have 0 packet loss even though most of it seems to have been caused by outdated GPU drivers (Yes you see this correct, i have checked when i reinstalled windows). There is no doubt higher ping is actually an advantage, that i am sure 100%, the MTU seems not to be a real issue unless you got something lower than 1300 or have a lot of different sizes between the routes (fragmentation).
It is very common to have the first ip (router) at 1500 and the rest a different size like 1492, that means your provider is using PPPoE auth which is not a problem.

The CAnimGraphNetworkedVariables issue for me now is mostly on FACEIT servers. On valve i get the "[Client] Last server executed command is 10538 on tick 14534. Duplicating command 10532 (created 1.4ms ago) 6x to catch up. New outgoing command is 10538"
I have been able to partially fix this by removing the AORUS Engine software, now i pretty much only get it when i ALT TAB.

What i did note is that whenever i put net_connections_stats and i scroll up to Latency variance i can see anything from 0.4ms to 16ms which means there is jitter. Honestly give it a try put that cmd in console a few times between the rounds, after you die, when you see a smoke etc and you will see. We are bragging a lot about our perfect fiber connections but it seems they aren't that perfect.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 25 May 2024, 20:02

Last 200MB patch in cs2 is a piece of garbage, game running noticably worse than before. And all the trashy experience are back.
- microstutters, aim freezes, fps drops, bad server performance, bad interp with desync.

After a game vs high pingers (which is "obligatory" shit experience always as they have desync and prefire for free by phoney valve unfair cheap netcode) i was still behind in next game vs low pingers with 12ms on both sides (200-300ms diff comparing replay to game time - a whole 2 moves behind - when they peeked back after peeking, i wasnt still seeing finishing the first peek). Restart of the game mid round helped, desync disappeared and ez comeback happened. This is an OLD bug from csgo, i remember this behavior even from csgo.

Reddit has many topics, im gonna to do usual annoying delete userdata folders + forced shaders rebuild (by running the game once with 0MB shader memory). One example for all - https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... ops_after/

They also removed almost a HALF of cs2video.txt parameters which is obviously one of many reasons why the game sucks now (insted of tuned values they were fully removed and replaced by crappy valve hidden uneditable broken defaults). !!! (i remember there was a crytopic at reddit too). E. G. they removed manual values for shadows so you cant no more tune shadows to render them at lower settings and vice versa.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 25 May 2024, 23:57

Did you guys ever noticed that the majority of the globe suffers from desync since they added very fast subscriber lines like arround 2015 ??? back with ADSL no one had this issues in that size.

now we have 2024 and pretty much everyone suffers from it on different degrees.

i visited all my friends arround germany and 1 of 5 had a good working connection, without those symtoms. including myself i switched my own place and faced the issue on the same degree on the new one also.

If i had positive gameplay changes which was very very rare, than they had to do with the network, since this only happened when ISP changed something on there side, when i forced them to do something. for example a port reset. on my side only a VPN brought some changes that not lasted long.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 26 May 2024, 08:39

Unreazz wrote:
25 May 2024, 23:57
Did you guys ever noticed that the majority of the globe suffers from desync since they added very fast subscriber lines like arround 2015 ??? back with ADSL no one had this issues in that size.

i visited all my friends arround germany and 1 of 5 had a good working connection, without those symtoms. including myself i switched my own place and faced the issue on the same degree on the new one also.

If i had positive gameplay changes which was very very rare, than they had to do with the network, since this only happened when ISP changed something on there side, when i forced them to do something. for example a port reset. on my side only a VPN brought some changes that not lasted long.
Long time ago I had radio internet and my hitreg in every popular game at that time was just perfect. Everything changed with internet connectivity development in my area.

agstrato

Post by agstrato » 28 May 2024, 14:23

Unreazz wrote:
25 May 2024, 23:57

Oh yes you are very right my friend! When i had ADSL i had perfect hitreg now with ping 2 fiber i get this bs. I cannot say for sure because i was playing CS 1.6 when i had DSL and then i moved to a small town ( i still live here ) and for a few years i had radio internet but it was bad, MTU issues and packet loss etc so i couldn't be sure of anything. Now the new fiber lines arrived and it's very low ping but performance is still BS. I mean every time i look at net_connections_stats in CS2 console i scroll up and see the "Max latency variance" so high i'm almost sure it's a combo of Windows + Bad Internet. By bad internet i mean only Gaming (UDP packets) because the rest is just fine. So yeah we bragging around saying our connections are perfect but it's pretty much a lie, go look at how the latency variance changes from second to second, you are looking for the upper text not the lower.
I've seen so much weird stuff lately people posting stuff like IMEI LPC not working etc, guess what i managed to get those to run and it's the same. Here is proof: https://imgur.com/a/all-running-UrkGwvL

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 28 May 2024, 15:13

hi @agstrato, very interesting !

out of curiosity I looked at the status of LPC, LPSS, IMEI etc... and strangely LPC shows me "not started" and a kernel error in the event display but shows me that this device has no problem It's very strange with a driver that dates from 1968, IMEI "started" but shows me the installation must be continued, LPSS no driver.
I put the latest IMEI driver when I formatted yesterday which is two months old.

And the most disturbing thing in all of this, despite the error, missing or very old drivers and "not started" displays, Windows displays no question marks or exclamations and these drivers are displayed as functional, which is weird.

if you run the LatencyMon program and there is a kernel latency problem it comes from some kind of shit...

agstrato

Post by agstrato » 28 May 2024, 15:59

Riggedinho wrote:
28 May 2024, 15:13
hi @agstrato, very interesting !

out of curiosity I looked at the status of LPC, LPSS, IMEI etc... and strangely LPC shows me "not started" and a kernel error in the event display but shows me that this device has no problem It's very strange with a driver that dates from 1968, IMEI "started" but shows me the installation must be continued, LPSS no driver.
I put the latest IMEI driver when I formatted yesterday which is two months old.

And the most disturbing thing in all of this, despite the error, missing or very old drivers and "not started" displays, Windows displays no question marks or exclamations and these drivers are displayed as functional, which is weird.

if you run the LatencyMon program and there is a kernel latency problem it comes from some kind of shit...
Yes i just did it to reply to that guy that's spreading around some weird stuff about this, saying that his pc is bad because of the IMEI LPC and etc which is really not the case as you can see. He also states that Windows needs to be original which is also not the case either. From what i gathered around the Intel chipset drivers are in fact not even drivers, they are identifiers, nothing else. The strange thing is that yesterday i installed W11 and it showed all these things not started in Events. BTW if i feel like it i will actually release a tutorial about some tweaks that actually work not this bs. I do have some tweaks that work very well, the problem is my PC is not good enough and i can't really test properly, my frames are what they are... Maximus XI Extreme, 9900KS, 3200 CL14, RTX2070S OC. Either way i can assure you i get the same performance with these things started or stopped.
The IMEI has both firmware and drivers, if you want to update firmware make sure you get the update from your motherboard manufacturer, it seems they are modified accodingly and tuned for you particular mobo. I also updated from other source (because it was a newer version) and it didn't change anything, performance is still the same. I did it because my mobo comes with 2 BIOS chips so in case i run into any problem i have a backup chip to sort it out. I do not advise to do it anyway and most manufacturers except ASUS also update the imei firmware when you upgrade BIOS so there's that.