TPM 2.0 is a absolu disaster [Faceit players]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Riggedinho

TPM 2.0 is a absolu disaster [Faceit players]

Post by Riggedinho » 25 May 2024, 09:26

Hello everyone,

For those suffering from CS 2 input lag on Faceit due to anti-cheat but not that look no further I've found the culprit. TPM 2.0 is the culprit !!!!

After buying a new PC I played almost fifty games without TPM (don't ask me why Faceit didn't ask me to activate it from the start, it's a strangeness) all my registration shots were unbelievable, my opponents seemed slow etc ... a really excellent game.

Then, after all these games on my new PC, one day I turned it on and, surprise, Faceit asked me to activate secure boot and TPM in the bios to be able to play on Faceit and, surprise again, the game was completely different, lagging, out of sync, strange movement etc. ...

Yesterday I searched the internet for comments on this subject and a bunch of results appeared, including two on Reddit that particularly caught my attention.

The first was in relation to Faceit and CS 2, a person complaining about a delay and a person replied that since the implementation of TPM his delay has appeared and that he suspected this cause and that he would soon buy a TPM header compatible with his motherboard to be able to disable TPM on his motherboard.

The second same, a person who complains of stuttering in Battlefield because of TPM since EA has deployed an anti-cheat (which also requires the activation of TPM) and several people in response to his post say they have taken a TPM header to solve this problem.

I'd like to point out that CS 2 in first deathmatch mode is perfect, it's only on Faceit that I'm left with no doubt, based on my experiences, that TPM is the ultimate culprit.

Thank God my motherboard has a TPM header, so in a week's time I'm going to order one compatible with my motherboard to confirm at 300%. I'm also lucky: TPM headers cost an average of $15.

I'll keep you posted.

Your feedback is welcome

MeveSPB

Re: TPM 2.0 is a absolu disaster [Faceit players]

Post by MeveSPB » 26 May 2024, 12:27

I have a TPM module - no changes for the better. Z790

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 26 May 2024, 13:58

ok maybe this is not related to your problem.

Tell me, we agree that when you install the TPM header on your motherboard you can deactivate the TPM on the motherboard and the header takes over, right?

dervu

Post by dervu » 26 May 2024, 14:04

Just heads up. Not every motherboard with TPM support has TPM header to install external module.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 07 Jun 2024, 00:37

This message as feedback after installing an external TPM module on my motherboard.

My analysis was correct, TPM is indeed a disaster regarding the input delay on Faceit.

I am in France so I had to order it on a German electronic e-commerce site.

I received it yesterday, a little tedious to install because the PC may not restart, I had to remove the bios battery to reset it and then to be sure I formatted it.
the hitreg problems seem to have disappeared (for information I am a premium member on Faceit and my current mission is 150 headshots, while I am an AWP player, so I voluntarily deprive myself of playing AWP and in 3 games with the TPM module I put more than 30 Headshots) The hitregs are much better and better it seems incredible but I gained in fps and stability.
Attachments
20240607_073233.jpg
20240607_073233.jpg (5.24 MiB) Viewed 1176 times

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 07 Jun 2024, 11:25

Riggedinho wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 00:37
This message as feedback after installing an external TPM module on my motherboard.

My analysis was correct, TPM is indeed a disaster regarding the input delay on Faceit.

I am in France so I had to order it on a German electronic e-commerce site.

I received it yesterday, a little tedious to install because the PC may not restart, I had to remove the bios battery to reset it and then to be sure I formatted it.
the hitreg problems seem to have disappeared (for information I am a premium member on Faceit and my current mission is 150 headshots, while I am an AWP player, so I voluntarily deprive myself of playing AWP and in 3 games with the TPM module I put more than 30 Headshots) The hitregs are much better and better it seems incredible but I gained in fps and stability.
Can you give site for order? and also i have tpm disabled in bios.also everytime i run face it anti cheat it show this: then i just click twice ok and my anti cheat is on and then i just go and loose with 4 russians ez.

Also i am not sure 100% but faceit makes you use tpm after lets say many people report you,So maybe you register and start to play and after time lets say people report you,one day you boot your pc and stardt faceit anti cheat and you must enable tpm and secure boot.as i said i am not 100% sure about this claim.
Attachments
f.GIF
f.GIF (25.99 KiB) Viewed 994 times

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 07 Jun 2024, 23:14

@JimCarry

You won't be able to keep on playing like this for long, because at some point Faceit will ask you to activate secure boot.

For your information, as mentioned above, you need a TPM header on your motherboard, and if you have one, you need one that's compatible.

The site where I was able to order the TPM module is this one: https://www.reichelt.com was the only one to offer a module compatible with my motherboard.

After more than 24 hours of installation, here are the real gains, and it's all beyond comprehension ...
- Input lag on Faceit has been greatly reduced
- Hitregs are much better
- Net gain in fps, averaging around a hundred, when playing at native resolution (1920x1080), scaled to the display.
- Beyond the fps gain, they've stabilized incredibly: for example, if I block them at 300, they don't drop below 298 and stay almost constantly at 300, while in-game latency (ms) no longer yo-yo and remains stabilized at 3 and 4, whereas before it was a real mess (feeling like you're back at the start of CS:GO with very stable framerates and low latency).
- On LatencyMon I have a much lower overall latency, and yet my bios is set to default (I ended up setting it to default, in 2024 it's much better) C-state: on, HD audio: on, Hyperthreading: on, speedshift: on etc ...

Given all the benefits it has brought me, I wouldn't be surprised if the list is not exhaustive.

Soon, when I'm motivated enough, I'm going to take screenshots of the various items mentioned above.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 08 Jun 2024, 01:30

Interesting. I've noticed on the internet that people who have purchased TPM modules have solved their PC's lag problems. I am thinking about buying this thing.

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 08 Jun 2024, 10:59

Riggedinho wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 23:14
@JimCarry

You won't be able to keep on playing like this for long, because at some point Faceit will ask you to activate secure boot.

For your information, as mentioned above, you need a TPM header on your motherboard, and if you have one, you need one that's compatible.

The site where I was able to order the TPM module is this one: https://www.reichelt.com was the only one to offer a module compatible with my motherboard.

After more than 24 hours of installation, here are the real gains, and it's all beyond comprehension ...
- Net gain in fps, averaging around a hundred, when playing at native resolution (1920x1080), scaled to the display.
- Beyond the fps gain, they've stabilized incredibly: for example, if I block them at 300, they don't drop below 298 and stay almost constantly at 300, while in-game latency (ms) no longer yo-yo and remains stabilized at 3 and 4, whereas before it was a real mess (feeling like you're back at the start of CS:GO with very stable framerates and low latency).
- On LatencyMon I have a much lower overall latency, and yet my bios is set to default (I ended up setting it to default, in 2024 it's much better) C-state: on, HD audio: on, Hyperthreading: on, speedshift: on etc ...

Given all the benefits it has brought me, I wouldn't be surprised if the list is not exhaustive.

Soon, when I'm motivated enough, I'm going to take screenshots of the various items mentioned above.
Thanks but brother i play since 2015 i never enabled it but maybe you are right we will see,thanks for that information,also if i was you i will disable c-state and Hyperthreading,and last can you tell how to know if my motherboard suports tpm header?

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 08 Jun 2024, 11:32

Riggedinho wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 23:14
@JimCarry

Could you provide a video of how your game runs?