Sharing an experience involving intel Ethernet driver

Everything about latency. This section is mainly user/consumer discussion. (Peer-reviewed scientific discussion should go in Laboratory section). Tips, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
JimCarry

Re: Sharing an experience involving intel Ethernet driver

Post by JimCarry » 29 May 2024, 22:57

Riggedinho wrote:
29 May 2024, 22:48
@JimCarry sry bro not the same language but here look
Thanks language does not matter just look at Registry Value tab.All of mine are 0 yours have 2 ,3 etc.

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 29 May 2024, 22:58

Riggedinho wrote:
29 May 2024, 22:45
the site that d-uknow shared on this thread.
I haven't touched MSI mode, it is by default activated and undefined
Thanks i have realtek and by default it looks like this.Wich is the same like yours except high priority.
Attachments
default net.GIF
default net.GIF (461.24 KiB) Viewed 1037 times

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 29 May 2024, 23:04

From my experience I think this remains only my opinion in all humility, computer being so complex... that it is counterproductive to deactivate things in the internet control panel such as rss energy savings etc. ...
too much configuration kills configuration.
It seems that buffers are the major parameter when it comes to optimizing your internet connection for gaming?

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 29 May 2024, 23:07

@JimCarry

Did you set it as high priority or was it like that by default? Better to leave it at default, that's what I think anyway.

For me (once again this is just my opinion based on my experience) there is nothing to touch on the MSI util software, we download it to see what is in MSI mode and what is not

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 29 May 2024, 23:32

Riggedinho wrote:
29 May 2024, 23:07
@JimCarry

Did you set it as high priority or was it like that by default? Better to leave it at default, that's what I think anyway.

For me (once again this is just my opinion based on my experience) there is nothing to touch on the MSI util software, we download it to see what is in MSI mode and what is not
When i fresh install realtek drivers from their site i have msi on and high priority. as you can see in the screen i post.On msi_util i dont touch anything except i did my realtek driver to undifined and my ssd by default is set to high,and i think i will make it undifined as well.About net settings i think mine is best except people will want to enable rss,in net settings and in cmd,i disable rss both in net settings and in cmd.To be honest i see this the best settings possible.Except maybe enabling rss both in cmd and in net options.Maybe try the settings that i show on this pic if your dont like them just go back to yours.The only think i would change on the picture is Receive / Transmit values nothing else.
Attachments
best settings.GIF
best settings.GIF (231.07 KiB) Viewed 1012 times

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 30 May 2024, 15:10

@JimCarry

The problem with "tweaking" is that the more you change things the less you know where the progress is coming from if your game feels better.

It's hard to see a difference when there is no improvement.
Only a blatant improvement will jump out at you.

Personally, this is why I haven't touched anything apart from the transmission and reception buffers.

The game is already quite crisp as it is, the difference is so big.

Too afraid that by deactivating rss energy savings etc... it will send me back to square one lmaoo

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 30 May 2024, 16:51

Riggedinho wrote:
30 May 2024, 15:10
@JimCarry

The problem with "tweaking" is that the more you change things the less you know where the progress is coming from if your game feels better.

It's hard to see a difference when there is no improvement.
Only a blatant improvement will jump out at you.

Personally, this is why I haven't touched anything apart from the transmission and reception buffers.

The game is already quite crisp as it is, the difference is so big.

Too afraid that by deactivating rss energy savings etc... it will send me back to square one lmaoo
i dont really understand you,for example in advanced option of my realtek the default setting "Power saving mode" is Enabled.You cant tell me that default is better for games.But its your choise.thanks for the reply.

Riggedinho

Post by Riggedinho » 30 May 2024, 17:01

@JimCarry

yes from a logical point of view it seems preferable to deactivate energy savings but IT is too complex to sometimes respect logic...
I've already read comments that said that optimizing the network card only made the input lag worse.
Finally, does deactivating them really change anything?

JimCarry

Post by JimCarry » 30 May 2024, 18:42

Riggedinho wrote:
30 May 2024, 17:01
@JimCarry

yes from a logical point of view it seems preferable to deactivate energy savings but IT is too complex to sometimes respect logic...
I've already read comments that said that optimizing the network card only made the input lag worse.
Finally, does deactivating them really change anything?
i cant answer that.but i dont see the logic,it like you have video card and you put it on power saving mode and then enter to play a game and then complain the game is runing like shit.