CS GO Lagging behind server

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Simon95

CS GO Lagging behind server

Post by Simon95 » 27 Apr 2020, 14:48

The problem appears in CS GO most of the time. I never had this big problems in other games. Sometimes when i play CS GO matchnaking its nearly impossible to get a kill. Enemies already shoot at me when i barely see them peeking. But when i peek i can spray half a second and only get 2 hits registered. This is consistent against every enemie in the match. I have the feeling that i see the enemie 200-300ms later. Im literally lagging behind the server view. Is it possible that i get the server view delayed? I have 60ms Ping and 10-15ms jitter. Is it possible that the jitter causes this? Are there things that cause my view to be out if sync?

dervu

Re: CS GO Lagging behind server

Post by dervu » 27 Apr 2020, 16:52

I think it is very hard thing to make CSGO feel right, even thoguht I made every possible thing on earth, sometimes it just feels not right, sometimes better, but mostly while servers are overcrowded.
Idk why but after setting steam.exe, steamservice.exe, steamwebhelper.exe in nvidia panel to high performance I felt difference, that enemies started peeking smoother around corners. I can't explain that, probably need more testing. I was following some guide of guy that said it helped among other things like ultra latency mode, but I didn't change it for steam exe's, because I thought it is dumb to set it to high performance. Weirdly the same day I switched it to high performance, browsing profiles on steam was smoother, like loading was instantaneous, while at other power options it was slower, but next day it was slower again. How do you explain it if setting is still at high performance, if not by network issue?

One thing I mostly don't understand how is it possible for 20 other people on server not experience such delay, while you do. 90% of time it will be me having this issue.

I had all possible tweaks done, with ultra latency mode on, clearing standby memory, 30-50 DPC latency at idle on Win10, disabled all unnecessary services, having all drivers installed in different versions, disconnected any unnecessary usb devices like webcam, switching RAM frequencies, OCing CPU, setting OC to auto, disabling all power saving options, buying power conditioner, connecting it to PC (weirdly my mouse feels heavier with conditioner and I can't tell if it is better or not, but game overall feels more sluggish) or connecting it to my 30y old fridge (oldest hardware in my house) that I want to replace as soon as I can. Call it, I have done it.

It might be just the thing with network congestion that @mello is talking about in topics like this in link below or some other issues, like electrical.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3536
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Simon95

Post by Simon95 » 28 Apr 2020, 07:41

I tested your settings, but they didnt helped. I still have this huge delay. Its like I get the server tick a lot later than the other players. My view on my screen and the server view are completely different. On the server view I had plenty time to react. On my recorded view i had like half the time to react to an enemie. My ping is normal (50ms). Can high internet jitter (10ms or more) cause this?

If someone say that im just slow. My average reaction time is ca. 160ms.
https://freeimage.host/i/157ms.JRfb6J

pwn

Post by pwn » 29 Apr 2020, 05:31

try on console in menu
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interpolate 1
cl_lagcompensation 1

dervu

Post by dervu » 30 Apr 2020, 11:53

I think it might be true with ISP thing. I have internet from my ISP since 5 years and just now I saw they switched routing, so it now goes through different internet exchange point. From what I have read, looks like good ISPs use this one. Now it feels like I have more time to react. Another thing I noticed is voting for maps after match on DM/other servers. Before my clicks on map vote didn't count, now they appear instantly.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

synchronicity

Post by synchronicity » 01 May 2020, 07:55

honestly dude, if you're not playing on a service with good anti-cheat like faceit or ESEA, you're probably just dying to cheaters. There's a very popular cheat called "backtracking" which abuses the lag compensation, tricking the server into accepting shots if they would've hit your previous positions.

it feels like getting "interped", if someone with low ping shoots you and you somehow teleport backwards, or die and teleport, thats a pretty obvious sign that they're cheating.

too bad overwatch fails at detecting this sort of thing.