Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
jorimt

Re: Something is wrong with Valorant

Post by jorimt » 27 Feb 2022, 11:15

blackmagic wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 23:39
if i drop to 30fps my laptop then only after that it gets better and i start see those changes/improvements on my another pc which runs at normal fps 250+...
Not saying the following is the only factor, but server "tick" rate can always be a contributing one...

Valorant has an above average server tick rate of 128 ticks per second (CS:GO only has 64, for instance), but that means even if your local framerate is 250+ FPS, while you're seeing 250+ full local updates per second (assuming your refresh rate is above your framerate), Valorant is still only updating 128 times per second server-side.

Ignoring the particular uniqueness of your test (which, according to your reports, has somewhat confounding effects at first glance), if you lower your framerate to, say, 30, you're local updates are now never exceeding the server updates, which may have an impact of the appearance of issues such as hitreg and desync locally.

This is because, to my knowledge, if the local game framerate is significantly above the server tick rate (especially in numbers odd to the tick rate), depending on the game, interpolation may take place and try to "fill" in those extra frames.

Have you tried playing at 128 FPS or an exact -/+ multiple of it on your primary PC without your "fix?" Curious whether it improves anything for you in a similar way.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48C4 VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

maestroo

Post by maestroo » 01 Mar 2022, 18:39

All the problems in val seem to come from servers and it has probably something to do with lag compensation.

I play in high immortal and low radiant lobbies and its very real, everyone says the same aswell.

Also another thing i notice is it seems that the game runs better with capped fps compared to uncap.

canx66

Post by canx66 » 08 Mar 2022, 11:40

I also play on low Immortal Elo can 100% something is wrong with this game.

The ability to land your shots is literally a coin flip and RNG.

Of course someone has a bad DAY and plays bad… but this game is like, you hit nothing even tho you clearly on the enemy. You get killed before you even see the enemy. In one match.

And THE next match RIGHT after, in the same mental state, same posture, same elo, same settings, same everything. And all of a sudden you playing like demon. It even feels like this game hits the shots FOR YOU. Its insane.

And you never know when the RNG works for you. Sometimes it takes 2 games, sometimes 3. Sometimes none.

Its hard to show „proof“ but I have multiple clips in which I play DMs and giving people „headshots“ and Iam not even on their head and they die to headshot even tho my crosshair is very noticable on right or left side of the head.

Idk man.

I just wanted to ask:

What is the preferred settings for Valorant here?

Iam playing NULL OFF, REFlex On+Boost, G-sync and Vsync off Fps capped at 360 on a 360hz monitor.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 08 Mar 2022, 12:18

canx66 wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 11:40

Of course someone has a bad DAY and plays bad… but this game is like, you hit nothing even tho you clearly on the enemy. You get killed before you even see the enemy. In one match.

And THE next match RIGHT after, in the same mental state, same posture, same elo, same settings, same everything. And all of a sudden you playing like demon. It even feels like this game hits the shots FOR YOU. Its insane.

And you never know when the RNG works for you. Sometimes it takes 2 games, sometimes 3. Sometimes none.

Its hard to show „proof“ but I have multiple clips in which I play DMs and giving people „headshots“ and Iam not even on their head and they die to headshot even tho my crosshair is very noticable on right or left side of the head.

Idk man.

I just wanted to ask:

Iam playing NULL OFF, REFlex On+Boost, G-sync and Vsync off Fps capped at 360 on a 360hz monitor.
how do you think then others better players handle this situation which you describe or they dont have it or they are just robots and they can adapt to everything what is wrong with this game ?
if you guys has some issue with some game or what ever just simple found a guy who is much better then you or he is high profile player and go play from his place
and then you will understand from where your all problems coming from

canx66

Post by canx66 » 08 Mar 2022, 12:48

Iam not even saying this problems are "holding you back" or something. Of course you need the skills to rank up and win games.

I know what I know what I am talking about, I climbed from Gold3 to Immortal. The problem was there on Gold and the problem is still there on Immortal. It is what it is. You have to learn to adapt and try to be consistent. You even have to win EVEN this problems occur.

The OP is almost on the highest rank possible (Radiant). Do you think he has a reason to make excuses? Even pro players complain about that. And some of the problems are PROVEN.

Like the "high ping advantage", you can watch it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/comme ... high_plng/

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 08 Mar 2022, 12:55

canx66 wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 12:48
Iam not even saying this problems are "holding you back" or something. Of course you need the skills to rank up and win games.

I know what I know what I am talking about, I climbed from Gold3 to Immortal. The problem was there on Gold and the problem is still there on Immortal. It is what it is. You have to learn to adapt and try to be consistent. You even have to win EVEN this problems occur.

The OP is almost on the highest rank possible (Radiant). Do you think he has a reason to make excuses? Even pro players complain about that. And some of the problems are PROVEN.

Like the "high ping advantage", you can watch it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/comme ... high_plng/
good luck with adapt then

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 08 Mar 2022, 16:50

canx66 wrote:

Idk man.

I just wanted to ask:

Yes it exists. https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/comme ... s_servers/
These problems were not present in the beta version.

maestroo

Post by maestroo » 24 Mar 2022, 21:42

canx66 wrote:

Idk man.

I just wanted to ask:

its just the servers and the netcode, theres nothing you can do to have it in your favour.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 25 Mar 2022, 21:52

maestroo wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 21:42
canx66 wrote:

Idk man.

I just wanted to ask:

its just the servers and the netcode, theres nothing you can do to have it in your favour.
No It's not

maestroo

Post by maestroo » 30 Mar 2022, 08:17

n1zoo wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 21:52
maestroo wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 21:42
canx66 wrote:

Idk man.

I just wanted to ask:

No It's not
what is it then