Emi problem and possible fix(Perfect Power Box)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Patrykelele

Emi problem and possible fix(Perfect Power Box)

Post by Patrykelele » 02 Jul 2022, 20:03

Hey
First of all I want to apologize if I too many posts, I can't end them.
I have huge problems with desync in csgo and random lags https://youtu.be/dYYw0KB3ueI
Does someone know any alternative to Perfect Power Box I know this thing work great to solve emi problems but the price is way too expensive for me 1300$. I look for something around 200-300$.

assombrosso

Re: Emi problem and possible fix(Perfect Power Box)

Post by assombrosso » 03 Jul 2022, 01:03

Hopefully chief can respond to this. I don’t think you will find a power station in the range of 200-300$, it will be close to 1k usd. And regarding the possible causes, I’m just afraid That the issue is radiated emi so power station will not fix it and it will be waste of money.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 03 Jul 2022, 01:15

Patrykelele wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 20:03
Hey
I have huge problems with desync in csgo and random lags https://youtu.be/dYYw0KB3ueI
Does someone know any alternative to Perfect Power Box I know this thing work great to solve emi problems but the price is way too expensive for me 1300$. I look for something around 200-300$.
Are you sure you've locked them in as 1.25v right, and did not leave them on auto.
Demo not lining up with recorded view from your computer is normal. I feel the feels better at late night part as well, but I have left it as network congestion, and also you know how music sounds different when you listen to them during the early morning?(whether it be late into the night or early on in the morning) maybe you are one of them morning people.

otherwise gl on your adventure.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

afn7

Post by afn7 » 03 Jul 2022, 01:52

I can confirm that undervolting and slowing down the CPU somehow makes it more playable. I have 11700k and rog z590-E I just tried it.

1.15 CPU voltage / was 1.30-1.50
4.2ghz speed / was 4.70-5.00
1.30 3200mhz ram / was 3600mhz 1.35

This problem is really weird. Even with a 360hz monitor, you are like +100ms behind every game on top of your ping.
Asus Rog Strix z590 Gaming E
Intel I7 11700k
Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz cl16
Msi RTX 3060 TI Ventus 3x OC
CM Power supply 750w 80+ Bronze

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 03 Jul 2022, 02:46

afn7 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 01:52
I can confirm that undervolting and slowing down the CPU somehow makes it more playable. I have 11700k and rog z590-E I just tried it.

1.15 CPU voltage / was 1.30-1.50
4.2ghz speed / was 4.70-5.00
1.30 3200mhz ram / was 3600mhz 1.35

This problem is really weird. Even with a 360hz monitor, you are like +100ms behind every game on top of your ping.
Yes same experience regardIng this , lowering cpu voltage and ram speed and also gpu makes gaming playable for a while but not for long

mybad

Post by mybad » 03 Jul 2022, 06:29

EMI is not a problem, that not related to any "input lag" problem.
I have a strong proof for that, my power is 24x7 is absolutely perfect and ideal.
Every device in my house is connected to a double-conversion uninterrupted power supply, someone calls that online UPS. I mean EVERYONE's devices, from router to PC.
Most readers, of course, will ignore that, if I will save time for a couple's people, I will be happy.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Jul 2022, 09:42

DPRTMELR wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 01:15
Patrykelele wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 20:03
Hey
Are you sure you've locked them in as 1.25v right, and did not leave them on auto.
Demo not lining up with recorded view from your computer is normal. I feel the feels better at late night part as well, but I have left it as network congestion, and also you know how music sounds different when you listen to them during the early morning?(whether it be late into the night or early on in the morning) maybe you are one of them morning people.

otherwise gl on your adventure.
For quite long time i thought i have problem with internet. But after i did underclock on cpu and game after that was much faster my aim and movment was instantly better i know its emi for sure. I have desych in online games cuz dirty energy can affect my router.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Jul 2022, 09:44

mybad wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 06:29
EMI is not a problem, that not related to any "input lag" problem.
I have a strong proof for that, my power is 24x7 is absolutely perfect and ideal.
Every device in my house is connected to a double-conversion uninterrupted power supply, someone calls that online UPS. I mean EVERYONE's devices, from router to PC.
Most readers, of course, will ignore that, if I will save time for a couple's people, I will be happy.
What is my problem then pc? working better at night worst at day
I have smart electronic meter I heard a lot of things about it. It can casue emi.

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 03 Jul 2022, 10:22

I always tought the problem was internet congestion. But of course now as all of you im starting thinking about emi/bad electricity. My PC (7700k - titan x Pascal) was made by me 5 years ago but i didnt change the PSU. Used the old one (4770k - gtx780). I switched house (but in the same city) 2 years ago and in the first 3 days EVERYGAME was smooth as fuck then the problem went back... i will try to replace with a new PSU in these days and will let you know It i discover smnthg..
For me same shit: late night is almost perfect then morning afternoon and evening is pretty bad.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 03 Jul 2022, 12:32

Moved to correct forum section.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.