Input lag monitor LG

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Jefersonhungria

Input lag monitor LG

Post by Jefersonhungria » 13 Oct 2022, 10:51

Guys , I have a 24gl600f , but I believe it will work on most lg monitors that have the standard menu, in Settings > input > Aspect ratio

*Full wide (always leave this option)

*Original

*Just Scan

To be brief, any option other than full wide forces these monitors to scale, so when you set the GPU to scale on the video drive, this generates a double scale resulting in a lot of input lag.
It is also important to use good quality cables, it also helps, if you have any doubts just talk!!! :D

SeekNDstroy

Re: Input lag monitor LG

Post by SeekNDstroy » 14 Oct 2022, 03:36

I have the same monitor. But afaik just scan is the one for least inputlag!
Fullwide is the one where monitor scales will do scaling if gpu scale is disabled. You can turn off gpu scaling & forced proper monitor scaling by using CRU.

Jefersonhungria

Post by Jefersonhungria » 17 Oct 2022, 08:54

you're right, in fact justcan has less input lag, what was causing mine was ghub, which even closed it kept running lg hub update service in the background, after I finished the process my problems ended.
What would be nice to do on the monitor would be to disable the D.P 1.2 option, it is enabled by default on LG.

SeekNDstroy

Post by SeekNDstroy » 17 Oct 2022, 13:48

Jefersonhungria wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 08:54
you're right, in fact justcan has less input lag, what was causing mine was ghub, which even closed it kept running lg hub update service in the background, after I finished the process my problems ended.
What would be nice to do on the monitor would be to disable the D.P 1.2 option, it is enabled by default on LG.
What thing DP 1.2 does? I use HDMI, there is also an option named hdmi compatibility. Idk what it does & its off by default.

Jefersonhungria

Post by Jefersonhungria » 17 Oct 2022, 14:09

I use a DP 1.4 cable, in theory this option in DP should solve possible compatibility problems with external devices, when active in DP it looks like I have the mouse in the mud, on hdmi I can't tell you, but I recommend using DP is always the best option.