I found the issue and a fix for my input lag but is not a worth fix so I need help

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
TheKelz

Re: I found the issue and a fix for my input lag but is not a worth fix so I need help

Post by TheKelz » 20 Dec 2022, 13:44

djoni wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 13:15
Nothing fixes it because it is not up to us, it is network problem. It simply doesn't matter how many pcs or what perephrials you will change as long as you are stuck with faulty ISP. And no, ping and packet loss is not everything, I already know that. How? Well, before few days something happened after I restarted my router. I started CS GO and I couldn't believe my eyes - I had zero input lag, absolutely zero, the best gameplay I've ever had. Then I noticed that my ping was fluctuating more, but I had around 2-3 ms less than what I usually have. I suspected that I did something after restarting my modem and opened Speedtest. Somehow I managed to get 92 mbps download speed when I usually have around 75, but my upload went to around 3 mbps when I usually have 13. I usually had ~60ms download latency, while with the perfect gameplay I had ~25. My upload latency went much higher, but who cares, my gameplay was flawless. And it lasted... 6 hours. Something happened and my internet and TV stopped so I was forced to restart the modem again. I started CS GO again and the shit came back. After I went to speedtest I was getting my usual speeds again - 75/13 and my download latency was ~55-60ms again. Also the perfect gameplay was in rush hour, when it's supposed that the network congestion is at its peak (12AM - 17:30 PM). Net graph ain't gonna show something wrong, speedtest also. In all cases with and without the input lag I've always had perfect net graphs and speedtests, but see, they changed when the input lag was gone. After I continued with the diagnose of the problem, I noticed that when my gameplay was the worst, my speedtest and pings were also a tiny bit worse than usual. But still, nothing alarming. Just a small sign that it's actually a network problem. It's definitely something out ouf our knowledge and control, probably some special handling of traffic and prioritizing. And because many people give pro players as an example of good gameplay... guys, what differs us from them? It's only one thing - do you really think that any organisation would let their players (employees) without a perfect internet connection? Also, some people have the problem, some not. Those who don't, what I've noticed is that even if they play on a calculator, they would still have better gameplay than ours, simply because they have good connection. Now probably someones gonna say "I have good connection, fiber"... the type of internet connection means nothing, the speeds mean nothing, the ping means nothing, the netgraph means nothing. It's the quality of the internet and the traffic priority of your ISP that matters. Try different ISPs until you find the perfect or at least a tolerable one.
Doesn't apply in my case. Using the PC without the internet connected gives me the same result even on desktop. My mouse feels heavy and animations in Windows feel jittery, meaning it's happening system-wide, not just in games. Another thing is, I've been in places in my city where the internet would be slower than mine (same ISP), yet mouse and everything would feel absolutely perfect. I wish it was as simple as an internet problem for me, I'd at least enjoy my singleplayer games with the internet disconnected, but they also feel jittery/heavy, just like multiplayer.

Smokq

Re: I found the issue and a fix for my input lag but is not a worth fix so I need help

Post by Smokq » 20 Dec 2022, 17:06

djoni wrote:
Nothing fixes it because it is not up to us, it is network problem. It simply doesn't matter how many pcs or what perephrials you will change as long as you are stuck with faulty ISP. And no, ping and packet loss is not everything, I already know that. How? Well, before few days something happened after I restarted my router. I started CS GO and I couldn't believe my eyes - I had zero input lag, absolutely zero, the best gameplay I've ever had. Then I noticed that my ping was fluctuating more, but I had around 2-3 ms less than what I usually have. I suspected that I did something after restarting my modem and opened Speedtest. Somehow I managed to get 92 mbps download speed when I usually have around 75, but my upload went to around 3 mbps when I usually have 13. I usually had ~60ms download latency, while with the perfect gameplay I had ~25. My upload latency went much higher, but who cares, my gameplay was flawless. And it lasted... 6 hours. Something happened and my internet and TV stopped so I was forced to restart the modem again. I started CS GO again and the shit came back. After I went to speedtest I was getting my usual speeds again - 75/13 and my download latency was ~55-60ms again. Also the perfect gameplay was in rush hour, when it's supposed that the network congestion is at its peak (12AM - 17:30 PM). Net graph ain't gonna show something wrong, speedtest also. In all cases with and without the input lag I've always had perfect net graphs and speedtests, but see, they changed when the input lag was gone. After I continued with the diagnose of the problem, I noticed that when my gameplay was the worst, my speedtest and pings were also a tiny bit worse than usual. But still, nothing alarming. Just a small sign that it's actually a network problem. It's definitely something out ouf our knowledge and control, probably some special handling of traffic and prioritizing. And because many people give pro players as an example of good gameplay... guys, what differs us from them? It's only one thing - do you really think that any organisation would let their players (employees) without a perfect internet connection? Also, some people have the problem, some not. Those who don't, what I've noticed is that even if they play on a calculator, they would still have better gameplay than ours, simply because they have good connection. Now probably someones gonna say "I have good connection, fiber"... the type of internet connection means nothing, the speeds mean nothing, the ping means nothing, the netgraph means nothing. It's the quality of the internet and the traffic priority of your ISP that matters. Try different ISPs until you find the perfect or at least a tolerable one.
Okay I can understand you, but understand that not everyone has the same issues, I literally moved to a new house 3 times, and the problem of my lag has to be my pc, it literally exploded because of bad electricity, I dont think I have the same issue, I tried 3 different ISP and also im in a new house, tbh not even the 1% of people has this issues, because I NEVER meet someone with this issues before, just in this forum, so im not gonna lie to you, I think people here are just trying to think that everyone has exactly the same issue, maybe the symptoms are the same, and maybe other guys has the same issues, but not everyone, so stop saying this wont fix your issue or it will, because no one knows, you guys are basically telling me that a new isp, new house, new pc new everything is not going to fix my input lag? If that happens I will start thinking that its mental, I play competitive at high level I know my input lag is not mental, but it all that happen I will assume im just shit, like for real, how can someone believe that changing everything and moving is not going to fix it? xdddddd so why everyone is having good input lag but we dont? are we cursed or something? xd

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 20 Dec 2022, 17:08

TheKelz wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 13:44
djoni wrote:
Doesn't apply in my case. Using the PC without the internet connected gives me the same result even on desktop. My mouse feels heavy and animations in Windows feel jittery, meaning it's happening system-wide, not just in games. Another thing is, I've been in places in my city where the internet would be slower than mine (same ISP), yet mouse and everything would feel absolutely perfect. I wish it was as simple as an internet problem for me, I'd at least enjoy my singleplayer games with the internet disconnected, but they also feel jittery/heavy, just like multiplayer.
Same, I feel it was just placebo, I tried to play with wifi data and It feels shit too, so thats why im buying a new pc instead of a new mobo, I think the problem of my input is my pc, because I had shit electricty on my old house and probably messed my whole pc xdddd (it literally exploded XD)

djoni

Post by djoni » 21 Dec 2022, 05:02

Smokq wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 17:06
Okay I can understand you, but understand that not everyone has the same issues, I literally moved to a new house 3 times, and the problem of my lag has to be my pc, it literally exploded because of bad electricity, I dont think I have the same issue, I tried 3 different ISP and also im in a new house, tbh not even the 1% of people has this issues, because I NEVER meet someone with this issues before, just in this forum, so im not gonna lie to you, I think people here are just trying to think that everyone has exactly the same issue, maybe the symptoms are the same, and maybe other guys has the same issues, but not everyone, so stop saying this wont fix your issue or it will, because no one knows, you guys are basically telling me that a new isp, new house, new pc new everything is not going to fix my input lag? If that happens I will start thinking that its mental, I play competitive at high level I know my input lag is not mental, but it all that happen I will assume im just shit, like for real, how can someone believe that changing everything and moving is not going to fix it? xdddddd so why everyone is having good input lag but we dont? are we cursed or something? xd
You yourself said that using mobile internet fixes your problem, what does that mean to you? Also trying three ISPs means nothing as long as they are all junk. Another important factor is how many devices you have connected to your network at home, if your whole family is using wi-fi, internet television and streaming apps while you are trying to play cs go and expect to have fluent gameplay... bruh. Let alone the ISP's line and that you have no access to what happens there at all. As for not everyone having the same issue - I absolutely agree. I would personally add that there are people who don't have issues at all but they claim they do. There are also people who have issues only online, but are imagining that they have issues also on LAN game and even on desktop, but they refuse to measure their latencies and input lag and they wait for the magic setting that is going to fix their input lag which their measure in percentage: "this is 70% fix for the input lag". Of course there are people who have real issues caused by bad setups and settings, bloated of "fixes" systems and they never suspect that this may be the cause of their problems. See, everything is different and subjective but without proper and accurate measurement words and claims mean nothing. You can buy a tool that measures the input lag and also download tools that are actually free and measure dpc latencies and network indicators. Then go to a friend or place where you don't see the issue, run some tests and compare the results with the ones from your system. If you see no difference then... maybe it's all in your head, who knows?

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Dec 2022, 05:11

djoni wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 05:02
Smokq wrote:
You yourself said that using mobile internet fixes your problem, what does that mean to you? Also trying three ISPs means nothing as long as they are all junk. Another important factor is how many devices you have connected to your network at home, if your whole family is using wi-fi, internet television and streaming apps while you are trying to play cs go and expect to have fluent gameplay... bruh. Let alone the ISP's line and that you have no access to what happens there at all. As for not everyone having the same issue - I absolutely agree. I would personally add that there are people who don't have issues at all but they claim they do. There are also people who have issues only online, but are imagining that they have issues also on LAN game and even on desktop, but they refuse to measure their latencies and input lag and they wait for the magic setting that is going to fix their input lag which their measure in percentage: "this is 70% fix for the input lag". Of course there are people who have real issues caused by bad setups and settings, bloated of "fixes" systems and they never suspect that this may be the cause of their problems. See, everything is different and subjective but without proper and accurate measurement words and claims mean nothing. You can buy a tool that measures the input lag and also download tools that are actually free and measure dpc latencies and network indicators. Then go to a friend or place where you don't see the issue, run some tests and compare the results with the ones from your system. If you see no difference then... maybe it's all in your head, who knows?
You are wrong bro there is no app or tool to measure input lag. If there will be some proper tool to measure we will be able to claim it on warranty…
So there is nothing like that for sure

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 21 Dec 2022, 05:31

djoni wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 05:02
Smokq wrote:
respect all this reading to come with head stick with that

djoni

Post by djoni » 21 Dec 2022, 08:26

MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 05:11
You are wrong bro there is no app or tool to measure input lag. If there will be some proper tool to measure we will be able to claim it on warranty…
There are many, differently working ones. Nvidia Reflex Analyzer for example. Also there was some youtuber who tested different stuff with something attached to his mouse and monitor, that kind of a tool I mean. Even good high fps cameras with slowmo can prove if there is any input lag. If all the people who are obsessed with their input latency issues only invested their time on actually researching and testing what causes their issues, what a world it would be. :)

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Dec 2022, 10:34

djoni wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 08:26
MegaMelmek wrote:
There are many, differently working ones. Nvidia Reflex Analyzer for example. Also there was some youtuber who tested different stuff with something attached to his mouse and monitor, that kind of a tool I mean. Even good high fps cameras with slowmo can prove if there is any input lag. If all the people who are obsessed with their input latency issues only invested their time on actually researching and testing what causes their issues, what a world it would be. :)
I dont need high fps camera to tell that i got high input lag: for example:

https://youtu.be/zQCOiNoZwiI
https://youtu.be/uZpt7L1r2uE

That stuf attached to the monitor is from Logitech - not for sale - only youtubers are suplied by Logitech (maybe they recive good paymet with it)

Nvidia reflex is joke
There is no fix yet

djoni

Post by djoni » 21 Dec 2022, 12:17

MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 10:34
djoni wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 08:26
MegaMelmek wrote:
I dont need high fps camera to tell that i got high input lag: for example:

https://youtu.be/zQCOiNoZwiI
https://youtu.be/uZpt7L1r2uE

That stuf attached to the monitor is from Logitech - not for sale - only youtubers are suplied by Logitech (maybe they recive good paymet with it)

Nvidia reflex is joke
There is no fix yet
What is it with the first video, I don't get it? If the guy on the video is you, you recorded your mouse movement with the camera, but not the screen. Instead you screencaptured it with OBS, which is totally misleading, because we can't know if the camera has good quality and if it's accurate. Obviously not, but just for the record. Also you can clearly see that there is acceleration even with a naked eye. On the second one it's a common problem with ping difference where the lag compensation and interpolation are spoiling the gameplay, that's absolutely no input lag issue for sure. Another example that most of the people misunderstand what exactly is input lag.

As for the tools, reflex is good to see what is the true latency of your system and it's actually really accurate. I don't know about the other tool and if it's from Logitech but you definitely need something with good high fps recording to see if you have input lag or not. You need proper and correct diagnosis when you search if there is an issue or not. As I already said our feelings are subjective. I didn't want to give such an example because it's a bit rude but it's really appropriate - people who are hypochondriacs are healthy but they claim they are sick and nothing in the world can convince them the opposite, because this is what they feel. Nothing personal against you and nothing specifically, just analogy.

This is how you test input lag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLiiCjP ... ymonAdamus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhb7Nj ... usTechTips