pls help me to fix my csgo problems I have for years

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
paddyhhh

pls help me to fix my csgo problems I have for years

Post by paddyhhh » 20 Feb 2023, 14:26

Hello together,
I try to make my post as short as possbible.

game:
competetive cs go (problem is slightly better at Valorant)

problem:
A short stutter/lag/desync mainly when shooting at enemy, impossible to spray
Mouse floaty, feel of input lag
delayed sound
In general I think the game is playable I still got lvl10 faceit, but I have these phases when its perfect. Its a completely different game.

Online + Offline but I think the offline server is just shit so I dont know really how to test offline. Aim_botz is ok but also not perfect.
I do not know if the problem is internet or other.

BUT:
at night my game is always perfect (around 2 am-5am)
When the game is perfect, it does not matter what settings I change, the game stays perfect. The monitor colours get much stronger, it is very easy to see enemies.
Once in a while, like all 3-4 weeks the problem fixes itself without any changes. That can be 1 hour or 3 days. Then slowly creeps back.
After joining a server, game is always for 15-20 sec perfect
Perfect means: The game is just so much faster, no stutter, no input lag, real 390hz, perfect mouse feeling.

Hardware:
Acer XQ252-QF 390Hz (already tried other)
Ryzen 5600X (already tried other)
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Gigabyte 5700XT (already tried other)
16 GB Trident Z neo 3600 cl16 (already tried other)
Corsair rm850x
Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVME SSD
Logitech G Pro X (already tried other)

fixes tried

electricity related:
-play from a lifepo4 power station - off grid
-connect all equipment to power station (router,modem) and use media converter, to be completely off grid
-play from a car battery with pure sine inverter
-use a balanced isolation transformer with and without ground
-use self made filter
-try different rooms

internet related:
-change router (Edgerouter)
-Use QOS to eliminate bufferbloat
-Use modem (Vigor 167)
-VDSL2 250mbit (tried VDSL100 mbit with other ISP)
-Use VPNs (WARP+, PIA, Exitlag)
-Use different ethernet adapter (USB-C to Ethernet with Realtek chip which was a fix in another thread)

other:
-use ReviOS, formatted windows 100 times
-all standard fixes I find for the last years who do in the best case nothing
-try to set mouse etc to cores
-set affinities
-play fullscreen
-disable dwm
-prevent GPU from downclock
-general overclock/no overclock
-display scaling/GPU scaling
-many bios settings
-play freesync + RTSS

additional test:
When game is perfect at night
-use power station - perfect
-use socket without anything - perfect
-use isolation transformer - perfect
-with/without VPN - perfect

What I think is the problem:
Honestly I do not fucking know anymore.
More or less it is my last try to fix something, I tried it many years. I think I will just stop playing competetive and wait. But my reactions are not getting better :D
My internet tests look the same on day and night but I do not know if it is meaningful maybe you have a better suggestion for a test?
About electricity, I played offgrid. Does not change anything.
Maybe it is the game servers that are the problems while daytime.
Maybe it is just some interference from the environment.
I mean with 390hz you really see every problem.
Cheers
Attachments
bb.PNG
bb.PNG (370.73 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
7v10_19.2sun12.00_1 .PNG
7v10_19.2sun12.00_1 .PNG (17.57 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
7v10_19.2sun12.00_2.PNG
7v10_19.2sun12.00_2.PNG (7.02 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
Last edited by paddyhhh on 20 Feb 2023, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

eropsy

Re: pls help me to fix my csgo problems I have for years

Post by eropsy » 20 Feb 2023, 14:53

I feel you man. Also did 100+ windows reinstalls felt like crazy, paranoid. Now i just playing autochess with floaty mouse input lag doesnt matter in this game :D I dont think there is any fix..

timecard

Post by timecard » 20 Feb 2023, 15:09

paddyhhh wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 14:26
Sometimes this change in feeling can be related to gpu/cpu clocks going from a lower performance mode to high performance mode which changes render and input processing/latency.

paddyhhh

Post by paddyhhh » 20 Feb 2023, 15:21

timecard wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 15:09
paddyhhh wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 14:26
Sometimes this change in feeling can be related to gpu/cpu clocks going from a lower performance mode to high performance mode which changes render and input processing/latency.
So the low performance mode performs better?
It is perfect for 15-20 sec then gets bad.
PBO boosts, GPU nearly stays the same because of more or less fixed clock.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 21 Feb 2023, 09:43

Maybe something in the air?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6498&p=88490#p88490

Bloedboer

Post by Bloedboer » 21 Feb 2023, 15:28

Try the build mentioned here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comm ... _in_games/

It fixxed al csgo input lag i had. Bad thing is you can’t use Faceit ac with insiders build

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 21 Feb 2023, 16:42

Have you tried disabling both CPPC and CPPC preferred cores, + setting your Interrupt Steering to Any Unparked Processor, + disabled Processor idle, all at the same time??

ChildOfLuna

Post by ChildOfLuna » 21 Feb 2023, 18:37

Tried pretty much all the fixes you enumerated with no success. My issue begun shortly after I switched to optic fibre. My isp came and put optic fibre all over my street 4 years ago since then every online game is a desync mess and i`ve tried with mobile hotspot too and its still the same so have no ideea anymore.

Have you tried to subscribe to geforce now and play from there ? Sure that service has natural input lag but hitreg, desync shouldnt be a problem if our internet is fine.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 21 Feb 2023, 22:06

I have same issues but on all games on windows, PC, and even game consoles. And have it all the time.

I feel you man I have also ran out of things to try. Feel hopeless.but I can't move on without fixing this.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Feb 2023, 00:12

ChildOfLuna wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 18:37
Have you tried to subscribe to geforce now and play from there ? Sure that service has natural input lag but hitreg, desync shouldnt be a problem if our internet is fine.
Interesting concept. The cloud gaming services are generally literally connected to tens-gigabit and hundred-gigabit backbones (even if per-PC is bandwidth capped) that are probably in the same datacentre as the gaming server. The game companies that lets clients run games on GeForce NOW, typically also co-locates game server(s) at every GeForce NOW datacentre. So, LAN party. They don't want the GeForce NOW players to connect to distant servers due to the already-highish (to esports players) latencies of gamestreaming, so making it a LAN party keeps the GeForce NOW disadvantage small. But the unanticipated side effect: It's a defacto remote LAN party. Lack of hitreg, for all gamers connecting through the same datacentre as GeForce NOW.

GeForce NOW = you're just Remote Desktoping into a LAN party!

That'd be literally LAN-quality gaming on the remote end on GeForce NOW. Unified ethernet/optical backplane = defacto LAN quality on the remote end.

Makes total sense that GeForce NOW would have much less "weird hitreg" issues, even if you have much more latency on GeForce NOW. The lag would be awful to an esports player, but the servers would at least feel less wonky.

Depends on if you're more sensitive to the exact-time tapedelay lag effects of perfect-framerate GeForce NOW OR the erratic-latency hitreg (defacto to a jittering invisible hitbox that sometimes jumps fully outside the visible enemy).

You'd need a low-jitter H.264 player (perfect framepacing player), as the H.264 "buffer" is a shock absorber converting variable latency, to a fixed latency by a forced video de-jittering tapedelay. As long as the latency doesn't vary more than this H.264 or H.EVC buffer, it will framepace the video frame timestamps to sub-millisecond accuracy (AND time-relative to a remote LAN party).

So, you just feel consistent "high latency" on the best GeForce NOW players, but lack of hitreg problems;

And the game would have to matchmaker people on the same server (purer defacto "LAN party"). Depending on the game, the game matchmaking algorithm pairs up all the low latency players together if there's a big enough pool (in a specific country) to put them together, to keep the playing field balanced as possible, because players that enjoy will keep coming back; there's a fiscal incentive by game companies to tweak matchmaking to make the game more fun for players to keep membership high; so the matchmaking algorithm will often matchmaker low latency (of similar skill) against low latency (of similar skill) if the pool of logged on players is big enough. Even in the abscence of a GeForce NOW specific optimization. Popular esports games with lots of GeForce NOW logins, would create a sudden decision by the matchmaker algorithm to try and pool at least some of them together. So, defacto LAN party if it matchmakers all or almost all same-datacentre streaming clients to the same-datacentre gaming server (over optical/Ethernet).

Metaphorically, as long as the video decoder in your GeForce NOW player device is framepacing perfectly (or has an adjustable buffer size), you feel consistent perfect fixed-size latency that doesn't feel variable, and the shots that hit / the shots that miss, registers correctly too (aka no hitreg issue). Set the video buffer to catch your latency jitter, and H.264 / H.EVC "dejitters" your playing. And it's a stream from what is essentially a remote LAN party, so you don't have gameserver-based hitreg issue.

End result: Perfect tapedelay latency (sometimes craptastic), but ZERO hitreg issue -- the bullet that actually hit is actually a frag. In other words, delayed firing behaviors, but all bullets that get shot and hits, is an actual hit, no false positives or false negatives, thus, no hitreg issue.

High natural lag, but no desync/hitreg weirdness due to GeForce NOW being a "defacto LAN party". That's what GeForce NOW really is, because the game server is on the same multigigabit LAN as the client games, in the same data center!

esports players in some troubled-hitreg territories, should seriously re-evaluate the audacity of playing on GeForce NOW -- if enough logins occur concurrently on GeForce NOW at the data centre playing the same game -- then they'll often matchmaker into each other into a defacto LAN party. It is sensible: Trading higher absolute latency for lack of randomized hitreg effects.

I never thought of this before, but you are right!

If you are the only one doing GeForce NOW at the same data centre, then nope, no defacto LAN party. But if 1000 people in the same country play CS:GO to the same data centre, and it also has servers, then it's a datacentre equivalent of a gaming convention of multiple concurrent LAN parties.

TL;DR: There are some bad-hitreg-Internet situations where GeForce NOW produces better esports than direct game installs
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!