Network buffering, inconsistent netcode, Valorant

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
joseph_from_pilsen

Re: Network buffering, inconsistent netcode, Valorant

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 28 Feb 2023, 21:33

I described similar issue i noticed in csgo, but unlike valorant, its simply avoidable by rebooting the pc after few matches to prevent it.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11636

Unlike other issues, which are not avoidable (high pingers abusing absurd sv_maxunlag limit at whole 200ms in csgo, or bad servers with absurd server variance / var parameters).

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 01 Mar 2023, 12:14

i have same thing here but restart pc don't rly helps me and does nothing...

only thing that helps me and i notice many time is this:
if i quit and left valorant and my pc for some hours and later start the game during the day again...then the first match is always like pure magic and i can kill 3 and 5 in row make aces and drop like 25/3/0 KAD at the end of match...
like its the most easy match in my life...everything feels like fixed and correct.

but just only after that 1 good match something degrading quickly and i can feel and see it very fast in the next match...
it all turns to horror and nothing regs more that easy...and it just becoming more and more tryhard with every following match and just pure pain to continue to play like that way...

i rage quit the game very fast then after such bullshit...

i can remember that in early days i could play like 2-3 matches in row and still feel good but that times seems to be already over...

now its recuded to 1 good fixed match per day something like that here...where i feel the magic difference in gameplay and just in everything.

i still don't understand how that possible but that the pattern i noticed here and still notice and it still works this way here...

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 02 Mar 2023, 07:54

here some of my old clips from another game but this all is happening to me in valorant 1:1 many many times...these days...
like its the same game and i see rly no difference...it's same 1:1 pattern and bullshit that happening to me in valorant... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heC3v8s ... =COMREDNET
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9eYIWN ... =COMREDNET

https://youtu.be/NUAJmWvi7zQ?t=26

it feels like the damage is different from match to match (and only degrading) and just don't connect correctly in many situations or it is very very hard to give damage...
the enemy has like always advantage against me and don't matter in what situation...he could just run and gun on me 24/7 and still win against me in most cases...
headshoting someone become almost impossible for me and if i get a headshot then its always luck...and it feels like this...

but this is how my online gaming life changed completely here and now i have this bad thing 24/7 and only very rare good matches where i feel that its better and correct working...

ping is stable 20-40 and servers are here in germany...

the ISP blames the game servers and the game developers blames the ISP...

all this for more than 5 years since everything become this bad for me here but there was days where it was not like this...

i could play 10-15 matches in row and still feel fine and good and healthy...

today i can play only 1 match or max 3 and after i feel completely broken and mentally hard abused...

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 02 Mar 2023, 11:46

the pistol rounds in valorant are the rounds which clearly tells and shows what is going on...

every time you gonna notice that this pistol rounds are different for you and change hard from match to match drastically and mess up all your knowledge about how to aim on head and give headshots...hahaha...

the developers clearly know what is happen for many players and how they suffer but they prefer to don't talk about this...

esports ready my ass.

one day the truth will win for the sake of fairness...

paddyhhh

Post by paddyhhh » 02 Mar 2023, 12:09

I suffer from the same. I tested a lot with VPNs recently.
Im from Germany too and my games are much better while connected to a italian/UK/NL/Swiss VPN server even with ping 40-60 instead of 10.
Only the Frankfurt server gives constant 20% loss :lol:

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 02 Mar 2023, 16:14

blackmagic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 11:46
the pistol rounds in valorant are the rounds which clearly tells and shows what is going on...

every time you gonna notice that this pistol rounds are different for you and change hard from match to match drastically and mess up all your knowledge about how to aim on head and give headshots...hahaha...

the developers clearly know what is happen for many players and how they suffer but they prefer to don't talk about this...

esports ready my ass.

one day the truth will win for the sake of fairness...
Yes- the game's performance is very susceptible to variation (whether it be PC settings, network conditions, server match is hosted in, etc.)

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 02 Mar 2023, 17:32

paddyhhh wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 12:09
Im from Germany too and my games are much better while connected to a italian/UK/NL/Swiss VPN server even with ping 40-60 instead of 10.
Who is youre provider ? Cable or DSL?

dannyoceanic

Post by dannyoceanic » 02 Mar 2023, 19:15

paddyhhh wrote:
I have a steady 9 ping on Frankfurt servers as well, but 0 packet loss, dsl with network cable connected to my PC.

Even with the 0 packet loss , I still have problems with shots not connecting.
Now some of the suggestions in this forum especially by shade7 helped me so far, but I think at the end of the day the core of the problem lies on the side of valorant itself and can't be fixed by an individual user.

It will be fun to see what will happen when they will release a replay system because IMO they will never do that before the haven't fixed their problems with their servers and the netcode. Otherwise you will have thousands of videos which will show shoots not connecting and people realizing how shitty the game is in this area.

paddyhhh

Post by paddyhhh » 03 Mar 2023, 01:42

Unreazz wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 17:32
paddyhhh wrote:
Who is youre provider ? Cable or DSL?
Vdsl2 Telekom 250mbit
Same prob with Vodafone.

paddyhhh

Post by paddyhhh » 03 Mar 2023, 01:46

dannyoceanic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 19:15
paddyhhh wrote:
I have a steady 9 ping on Frankfurt servers as well, but 0 packet loss, dsl with network cable connected to my PC.

Even with the 0 packet loss , I still have problems with shots not connecting.
Now some of the suggestions in this forum especially by shade7 helped me so far, but I think at the end of the day the core of the problem lies on the side of valorant itself and can't be fixed by an individual user.

It will be fun to see what will happen when they will release a replay system because IMO they will never do that before the haven't fixed their problems with their servers and the netcode. Otherwise you will have thousands of videos which will show shoots not connecting and people realizing how shitty the game is in this area.
I have stable ping 12 to Fra too. Without loss, choke, A+ bufferbloat.
I referred to the VPN. When I choose Fra or Berlin, it is the only server thats always bad. Only the german servers..