HELP Chief!Valorant Strange Behaviour

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Tiberiusmoon

Re: HELP Chief!Valorant Strange Behaviour

Post by Tiberiusmoon » 09 May 2023, 07:19

rvteen wrote:
09 May 2023, 06:31

Valorant has in game latency stats
Ahh I see.
There are many ways reduce latency, a frame cap is fundamentally a delay in frame drawn before being rendered by the GPU.
RTSS is way better at limiting FPS because its less erratic, the reduced latency you see from NVCP or in game is because its erratic.
What you see in game latency stats is possibly an averaging method, so you can have random highs and low in latency but on average its better but not consistent.

Nvidia low latency mode will only reduce latency when GPU bound, but will add latency when not GPU bound.
I prefer using Reflex On rather than +boost because the frametimes are less erratic.
Check your GPU usage, if it remains below 95% underload in Val then you should not hit GPU limit.
Another thing to try is giving priority to RTSS itself, set a high priority to the RTSS.exe. (DO NOT give priority to the RTSS hooks loader)

Remember that frametime latency will increase as you reduce FPS.
1/60fps=16ms
1/162fps=6.1ms
1/200fps=5ms
1/300fps=3.3ms

If you want to get more stats try installing CapFrameX.
You can select specific sensor like the cpu wait GPU time called GPU limit time.
You can also have access to raw FPS data without the averaging.
There is also stuff like CPU stutter and variance in frametime measurements to confirm your performance.

rvteen

Re: HELP Chief!Valorant Strange Behaviour

Post by rvteen » 09 May 2023, 08:57

Tiberiusmoon wrote:
09 May 2023, 07:19
rvteen wrote:
09 May 2023, 06:31

Valorant has in game latency stats
Ahh I see.
There are many ways reduce latency, a frame cap is fundamentally a delay in frame drawn before being rendered by the GPU.
RTSS is way better at limiting FPS because its less erratic, the reduced latency you see from NVCP or in game is because its erratic.
What you see in game latency stats is possibly an averaging method, so you can have random highs and low in latency but on average its better but not consistent.

Nvidia low latency mode will only reduce latency when GPU bound, but will add latency when not GPU bound.
I prefer using Reflex On rather than +boost because the frametimes are less erratic.
Check your GPU usage, if it remains below 95% underload in Val then you should not hit GPU limit.
Another thing to try is giving priority to RTSS itself, set a high priority to the RTSS.exe. (DO NOT give priority to the RTSS hooks loader)

Remember that frametime latency will increase as you reduce FPS.
1/60fps=16ms
1/162fps=6.1ms
1/200fps=5ms
1/300fps=3.3ms

With Rtss Cap ,see latency and cpu wait gpu time at both high around 1.5(it showing 1.5ms cause i am ded else it fluctuates between 1.5-4ms)
123.png
123.png (213.85 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

Nvcp/in game cap 164 with reflex enable,close to .1ms latency throughout the game
234.png
234.png (210.52 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

Btw i saw gpu usage(load) it reaches 74% and cpu 60%,i think using rtss is making valorant gpu bound lol(as cpu wait gpu time comes under gpu bound cases)..so bad optimized this game is lol..

Waiting for help.......