found a temporary solution for my valorant lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
AyayronPlays

Re: found a temporary solution for my valorant lag

Post by AyayronPlays » 06 Nov 2023, 13:05

badmadkarma wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 10:29
AyayronPlays wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 07:01
badmadkarma wrote:
06 Nov 2023, 02:37
AyayronPlays wrote:
05 Nov 2023, 22:47

What cpu and mobo combo are you using at the moment to play as well as your ram speed and ddr4/5?
z490 gigabyte and 10600k-i5 ,3060ti ,ddr4 ram xmp-3000 cl15 . curently set at -2800 -19-19-19-39
Yeah should be running fine without having to set anything. Though to be fair for an intel cpu usually better to have ram with higher speeds. One other thing i thought of was the raw input buffer setting. I had this on for quite a while and it resulted in very inconsistent aim, at the time i was in immortal and while sometimes it felt really nice and easy to flick, general tracking felt like garbage, i've played with this off now for over a year.

I'm sure you have already, since you obviously know your way around computers, but maybe re-try downloading ALL drivers on mobo page. I've had a situation recently where on a fresh install i've installed drivers like normal but FORGOT to update my chipset drivers which absolutely destroyed my inputs and frames in valorant, make sure you get the management engine and any IO drivers too.

Like i said i'm sure you've done it already but we're all human and sometimes we miss that one thing and it can screw us. Keep us posted if anything changes and if your temp fix ends up not working :)

glad to see an immortal player here. i am gold and havent played comp in above six months.spamming aimlab and occasional deathmatches.funny thing in dms new iron players will wide swing ,crouch spam kill me with 4 body shots instantly.if i peek i will be killed with instant 4 body shots - you will mistake it for headshot untill the damage board appear. last february i went to an esports cafe (an hour oneside train) and kid you not my gold rank random players were glazing my play. but at home my system is so laggy i stopped playing comp altogether. ever since i have been going through forums .did submit a ticket back then with riots repair tool logs .but their solution was to use win 10 ,which i was and never bothered again .tried all tweaks but none lasted for more than a day . my latest dumb tweak has been working for few days.been spamming dms and tdms only. lobbies have reached mostly dia/asc now and am doing good.will start playing comp again if things stay same for couple more days.

i use snappy driver installer origin for updating all drivers. its free and open source. raw buffer input is turned off .i have read about it causing lag .will definitely update again. have a nice day.bye for now.
As a last note before you try re-updating drivers, sometimes SDIO can install drivers not necessarily great for your system, so it's usually best to manually update each driver from your motherboard's manufacturers page. Thanks, you too, and good luck!