NVIDIA Reflex Mouse Input Lag Database

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
boon

Re: NVIDIA Reflex Mouse Input Lag Database

Post by boon » 22 Dec 2020, 15:24

SirensOW wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 15:19

Hi,

Can you explain what a negative millisecond latency means in this database? Thanks

Edit: I’m now assuming it just means it’s that amount faster then the baseline mouse Ikari Optical at 0ms
They took one mouse and made it the "standard" value for latency testing, giving it a value of zero. Then through bump testing the "standard" mouse to other mice, they figure out the comparative delay between the mice. So mice faster than the "standard" have a negative recorded latency.

Bump testing does have a few problems though. Even if you bump the mice together, the buttons might not actually go off at the same time due to more button stiffness, lever distance etc. But it's the easiest method for large groups of people to test and give meaningful data.

SirensOW

Post by SirensOW » 23 Dec 2020, 21:14

So my Asus Chakram Core was delivered from Amazon today. This is the lowest rated click latency mouse on this database - as well as the lowest rated in another database I saw online. https://mousespecs.org/mouse-click-latencies/

Lo and behold, it is indeed LOW. It's fantastic actually.

I am coming from the Deathadder V2. Also a very low latency mouse (0.5ms on the chart). But I would definitely say the lower latency of the Chakram Core is noticeable.

BUT, I think the real deal-breaker and what's even more important: the small note to the right of the Deathadder V2 that reads "from -0.5 ms to +0.5 ms"

What I think it is implying is that the Deathadder is a bit inconsistent. And when I think about and use the Deathadder, then use the Chakram Core (which doesn't have any notes of latency deviation in the database) - I also can say the Chakram Core does just feel easier to use and the Deathadder does at times feel like my clicks are not always consistent, and I get distracted by it.

I have been playing Overwatch competitive (Masters DPS elo rank) and clicky-based action RPG Diablo 3 (been playing since year 2012, probably pushing over 5k hours played) for the last few hours now. Both games felt MUCH better and less frustration and easier with the Chakram. My accuracy was also higher then average, 90%+ consistently in Aim Labs (a free Steam game aim trainer). Also beat my highscore in a trainer that I haven't beaten in months.

To top it off, the mouse feels great. Very well built. Premium feeling, top notch scroll wheel, completely modular, not cheap like the DeathAdder (and many other Razer products :) ) I think I'm keeping it as my new daily driver.
Last edited by SirensOW on 24 Dec 2020, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

slaver01

Post by slaver01 » 24 Dec 2020, 05:03

I have the XM1 and it's great. I will not change with any mouse.