CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
schizobeyondpills

Re: CSGO feels like 60hz [Internet Latency Issues]

Post by schizobeyondpills » 23 Jun 2020, 16:27

nick4567 wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 15:56
yup the latency of ryzen cpus change when going from multiplayer to single player games did you even bother to read this guys post?? and also ping plotter is no bueno for measuring loss as it often gives false positives especially if youre measuring icmp echos
it becomes more noticeable because multiplayer esport titles require far more processing than singleplayer smoothed cinematic experiences. why is this so hard to see? in fast paced multiplayer game the stuttering/input lag will be more obvious because 10 more things are affected by Ryzens latency penalty (network packets/input/faster rendering/more optimized engine for higher fps), the more you push your system the more these smaller breadcrumbs turn into ice bergs. not so much when you play a singleplayer game thats just GPU bound for pretty shiny graphics rather than network/input output/faster engine updating all tied together.

dervu

Post by dervu » 23 Jun 2020, 16:48

Ryzen/Intel has nothing to do with problems like that. I have Ryzen 2600 and after solving problems I can hit enemies insanely fast now.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 23 Jun 2020, 17:08

dervu wrote:
23 Jun 2020, 16:48
Ryzen/Intel has nothing to do with problems like that. I have Ryzen 2600 and after solving problems I can hit enemies insanely fast now.
Since you managed to solve your Ryzen problems which cause it to have very high DPC latency/RAM latency/core x core latency, im sure you can post your benchmarks regarding those properties?
LatencyMon
AIDA64 memory bench
Intel Memory Lateny Checker

are the tools you need to do so.

looking forward to see your numbers

dervu

Post by dervu » 24 Jun 2020, 01:15

You misunderstood. I didn't solve any Ryzen problems but overall how my hardware works. I posted my results in Is it true Ryzen has higher input lag than Intel? Is there conclusive data to prove this? thread. They don't differ anything before and after my tweak. My games were just not totally smooth and mouse didn't feel right.

Remember that test where Linus from LinusTechTips made a test where they compared refresh rates/fps between players like shroud/other pro players and Linus? They should do one more test with AMD/Intel, that would tell if it is meaningfull thing. Anyway, in any decent LAN tournament all PCs should be the same, so in real pro world it would not matter, only in online gaming where people have different hardware.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

mello

Post by mello » 24 Jun 2020, 01:24

dervu wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 01:15
only in online gaming where people have different hardware.
When playing online, the hardware should be the least of your worries. Vast majority of problems that people are reporting when gaming online is directly related to the performance of your internet connection. Having the best and fastest hardware in the world simply won't mean a damn thing, when you are bottlenecked by your poor internet performance.

dervu

Post by dervu » 24 Jun 2020, 01:53

mello wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 01:24
dervu wrote:
When playing online, the hardware should be the least of your worries. Vast majority of problems that people are reporting when gaming online is directly related to the performance of your internet connection. Having the best and fastest hardware in the world simply won't mean a damn thing, when you are bottlenecked by your poor internet performance.
True I don't doubt it, but in some cases like mine, some hardware/electricity things can affect performance in so weird way you could think it is internet, but it was not. Probably my problem was affecting me more than any internet performance, which is really good as I see it now.

For topic purposes let's say that two players with perfect connection, ( same city, both connected by fiber) meet togeter on server located insame city. Would network congestion differences still be higher than any difference in AMD/Intel setup?
If so, where is the point that hardware actually matters beyond network performance? Difference between 60/144hz, 60/300fps?

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 24 Jun 2020, 02:52

dervu wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 01:53
mello wrote:
dervu wrote:
True I don't doubt it, but in some cases like mine, some hardware/electricity things can affect performance in so weird way you could think it is internet, but it was not. Probably my problem was affecting me more than any internet performance, which is really good as I see it now.

For topic purposes let's say that two players with perfect connection, ( same city, both connected by fiber) meet togeter on server located insame city. Would network congestion differences still be higher than any difference in AMD/Intel setup?
If so, where is the point that hardware actually matters beyond network performance? Difference between 60/144hz, 60/300fps?
The difference between 5GHz intel CPU setup with < 35ns ram latency compared to AMD (which is imposs to put under 75ns latency ram) is like 240hz vs 144hz in terms of responsivness/smoothness

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 24 Jun 2020, 02:55

mello wrote:
dervu wrote:
Why do you write things like this? What else is internet connection but a pipe your hardware talks through, you can have fiber optics but if you dont adjust your NIC/OS/network stack settings for high tickrate UDP with lowest packet interrupt latency/core affinity it wont do you much. And there's over 100+ undocumented hidden OS/Intel NIC/network driver stack registry tweaks/entries in Windows related to network settings.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 24 Jun 2020, 07:17

dervu wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 01:53
mello wrote:
dervu wrote:

not necessarily network congestion alone but the way isps handle congestion in the same way you feel input lag when frames are buffered for longer (even though your fps will look normal) network packets can also be buffered and received with a delay (even though your ping looks normal) connecting by fiber doesnt mean a whole lot; the thing with resedintial connections is there is a shared access point (a network node for cable and a dslam for dsl etc...) the configurations on the node/switch matter a whole lot more and these are set by the isp so to respond to what you were saying network performance and isp configurations matter a ton more when playing over net than pretty much any hardware tweak the only thing i can see (hardware wise) mattering a whole lot is if u were say playing on a tv with a shit ton of input lag (>150)

Yagami

Post by Yagami » 04 Jul 2020, 13:32

schizobeyondpills wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 23:57
Yagami wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 17:21
Taking advantage of this post, I come to talk a little about the similar problem I am having.

Approximately 1 year ago, I started having a very strange problem in games like Battlefield 3 and 4. In the past 6 years, these were the games I played online.

The problem described by the OP started on my old PC and I thought it could be some hardware related problem.

My old PC:

i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition)
GA-Z77X-UD3H
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
1TB Samsung 850 EVO
750W Seasonic Focus+ Gold
ASUS VG258QR 165Hz

After months of formatting, configuring the router, I decided to purchase a new custom PC:

R7 3700X (Corsair H115i RGB Platinum)
ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL14
RX 5700 XT Nitro+
2x 1TB NVMe SSD Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
1200W EVGA P2 SuperNOVA Platinum
ASUS VG259Q 144Hz IPS

Surprisingly, the performance in the games mentioned above were similar, even with 300-500 fps. I can't explain it, because my English is limited. But the feeling I have is that I'm playing on a 60Hz monitor, even though I'm 100% sure that OS and all my games are set to 144Hz. Limiting the fps to 144 made it feel even less responsive. In short: It feels like crap.

I started getting killed behind the walls, horrible aim, accuracy ranging from 13%~17% (before the problem arose my accuracy varied between 22%~28% with assault rifles like AEK-971, ACE-23, M416, M16A4), dying easily by newbies on 1vs1, etc.

In addition, the feeling of playing was strange. The game's character seemed heavy, with slow movements. Sometimes when I pressed shift to run I felt a slight delay.

Unfortunately almost a year has been passed and I have not found a solution. I've formatted my new computer more than 20 times, I've switched to several versions of Windows 10 (the current version I'm using is 1903, but I already tried: 1607, 1703, 1803, 1809).

Before the problem arose, I was able to play normally on my old PC, although there were days when the game seemed more responsive.

There was even a time that I probably played the most incredible match in my entire life. I don't know if it has anything to do with my connection or the server, but I started playing from the beginning of the match and it was going incredibly well: my aim was perfect, the game felt very smooth... until that after a few minutes, in the same match, the game gradually worsened and I started to get killed by everyone with no reason.

I also have some games that I play exclusively the single player and all are working well on my new PC:

Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5 and Resident Evil 2 (all of them I can limit the fps to 142 and play with Freesync ON and the game feels extremely responsive).

On the other hand, GTA 5 and Need for Speed Heat the character feels heavier (I'm not sure if it's because they tried to make the games as realistic as possible).

I don't know exactly where this problem comes from. I have (1Gbps download) - (200Mbps upload) fibre connection in bridge mode on my ASUS RT-AC86U and the speeds are always stable. Even using my ISP's router connected directly to my PC the problem remains.

Here I leave some tests I did with PingPlotter application on the Battlefield 4 servers I play (unfortunately I don't know how to analyze if the information obtained can help in any way):

The problem is most likey due to upgrading from intel CPU which have 2x less latency in core x core as well as 3x or more lower RAM latency into AMD.
I can guarantee that the problem is not my new PC, since I still have the old PC and the feeling is EXACTLY the same. This was the reason why I decided to buy a new PC, because I thought that my old PC had some problem that could not be fixed.

I still haven't found a solution to this bizarre problem. The only thing I remember is that it started after some blackouts happened on my street when I had my old PC only.

Also, the place where my PC is located is extremely humid in the winter and I didn't even test the PC on a different power plug socket because I don't use wireless internet for online games.

Honestly, I am considering burning my ISP's router to force a technician to come to my house and see exactly what is happening, because I have not been able to play online games fairly for 1 year... but I'm not sure if it is the connection or the router. It could be anything.

In the past few months, I've bought a new mouse and keyboard and the feeling is the same. In games like Battlefield 3 and 4 multiplayer the feeling is that my character is sticking to the walls, even though it is distant, sticking to characters that are 1 meter away from me, difficulties in jumping... when there are explosions the keyboard usually stops responding for a few milliseconds.

I usually use these games as a parameter because I have been playing them for over 10 years and I know exactly how they were fluid in the past. I am sure that the problem is not the servers, since I have tried almost all from Europe, North America, etc.