Valorant issues always come back

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
fa1kk

Re: Valorant issues always come back

Post by fa1kk » 25 Dec 2023, 12:51

widow13 wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 11:15
fa1kk wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 10:58
Everythingblows wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 10:46
fa1kk wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 08:50

Setting your ram takes at least 2 weeks of your life, and I'm not kidding, you have to test everything in game, so it feels fine and at the same time every timing requires at least 3-5 test in TM5 using the profile Extreme by anta777, which is about 1 hour and 35 minutes each.
If you are setting your ram, that the only 1 link you will need:

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHe ... g-software
So after setting your Ram timings individually you have a noticeably better feeling game and it stays that way??
RAM clocks and latency will affect your FPS 1% and .1% lows - so the faster your MT's and tighter your timings the more stable lows.
So my 0.1% and 1% became much better, but that's only half of the equation. I don't know if it is gonna stay the same, since I did some changes a couple days ago, so I will see.
Everything feels literally delayed like people are ahead of time and it is the only thing that seems be helping with these issues but I don't see it working for more than a few games tbh.
It already began going back to being bad.

Btw I'm pretty sure you can even see ur messages being delayed on chat when this occurs, I've even seen messages being sent at the wrong time.
Like for example you can send gg and then wp and wp will be sent first.
I have the same problem, and the thing is RAM timings won't fix everything, but they can make it slightly better, but at the end of the day that's just part of the bigger picture.
Delayed messages have nothing to do with the feeling of the game, it's just a lagging chat, nothing special, it doesn't relate to the main issue, as far as I know.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 25 Dec 2023, 22:11

fa1kk wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 12:51
widow13 wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 11:15
fa1kk wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 10:58
Everythingblows wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 10:46

So after setting your Ram timings individually you have a noticeably better feeling game and it stays that way??
RAM clocks and latency will affect your FPS 1% and .1% lows - so the faster your MT's and tighter your timings the more stable lows.
So my 0.1% and 1% became much better, but that's only half of the equation. I don't know if it is gonna stay the same, since I did some changes a couple days ago, so I will see.
Everything feels literally delayed like people are ahead of time and it is the only thing that seems be helping with these issues but I don't see it working for more than a few games tbh.
It already began going back to being bad.

Btw I'm pretty sure you can even see ur messages being delayed on chat when this occurs, I've even seen messages being sent at the wrong time.
Like for example you can send gg and then wp and wp will be sent first.
I have the same problem, and the thing is RAM timings won't fix everything, but they can make it slightly better, but at the end of the day that's just part of the bigger picture.
Delayed messages have nothing to do with the feeling of the game, it's just a lagging chat, nothing special, it doesn't relate to the main issue, as far as I know.
Yeah totally agree it can make a few things better but it doesn't totally fix the problem.
I remember not long ago when I still had this issue HPET was a popular thing people talked about and always turned off to reduce stutters.
1 Day I had HPET ON and even tho the game felt heavier because of low fps the shots felt so crispy and aim was stable,I had this exact feeling come back a few months ago during a game.
It really felt like game became slower and I could actually see what was happening but it only lasted for a game.

It's been so long since this issue started that I don't remember what my mouse is supposed to feel like,only thing I know is that the game is unplayable this way.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 27 Dec 2023, 01:58

So a small update, I haven't played late night/early morning games for so long till I tried today.
Literally hit 35k games.

What I noticed is that range bots are insanely blurry when the issue exists but they are normal when it doesn't.
Can't really explain why this happens(electricity/emi related maybe?)but I might start playing late at night unless something I changed did the work instead.

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 27 Dec 2023, 15:27

widow13 wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 01:58
So a small update, I haven't played late night/early morning games for so long till I tried today.
Literally hit 35k games.

What I noticed is that range bots are insanely blurry when the issue exists but they are normal when it doesn't.
Can't really explain why this happens(electricity/emi related maybe?)but I might start playing late at night unless something I changed did the work instead.
Try to use GPU scaling on nvidia over display, maybe your monitor has a scaling issue? there was quite a lot of reports about blurriness on display scaling with certain monitors - probably wont be the fix but worth a try

fa1kk

Post by fa1kk » 27 Dec 2023, 20:40

BlurWickd wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 15:27
widow13 wrote:
Literally hit 35k games.

Try to use GPU scaling on nvidia over display, maybe your monitor has a scaling issue? there was quite a lot of reports about blurriness on display scaling with certain monitors - probably wont be the fix but worth a try

It has been always on 'display' https://imgur.com/gallery/V8HQ0VY

fa1kk

Post by fa1kk » 27 Dec 2023, 20:42

widow13 wrote:
Literally hit 35k games.

I don't have an answer of the cause, otherwise I would have fixed that, but what I can assume is it can be related to electricity/emi as you said.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 27 Dec 2023, 22:02

widow13 wrote:
Literally hit 35k games.

Could you eliminate this being a network issue by downloading an offline game and seeing if there’s an issue there too? Because I would put network issues way above EMI.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 28 Dec 2023, 00:31

Vocaleyes wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 22:02
widow13 wrote:
Literally hit 35k games.

Could you eliminate this being a network issue by downloading an offline game and seeing if there’s an issue there too? Because I would put network issues way above EMI.
I've tested without ethernet cable connected and it's the same, you can even see it on desktop.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 28 Dec 2023, 00:32

BlurWickd wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 15:27
widow13 wrote:
Literally hit 35k games.

I've tried GPU scaling and that's what I'm actually using because my monitor works better on it.
But it's perfect on certain time windows so I don't think that's the issue.

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 28 Dec 2023, 01:16

Console has the exact same problem with floaty inputs, horrible blurriness, impossible reaction time to Ferrari peaks, etc. It doesn’t matter whether you’re online or offline. The problem is clearly external even if tweaking various things on PC changes the feel