High dpc Latency

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
qvik18

High dpc Latency

Post by qvik18 » 13 May 2022, 02:13

valorant seems to be .5 sec behind,getting pre fired and recoil seems uncontrollable
Attachments
unt.jpg
unt.jpg (236.17 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
kkk.jpg
kkk.jpg (238.68 KiB) Viewed 2772 times

sherifmagdy32

Re: High dpc Latency

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 16 May 2022, 11:48

First, I would suggest messing around with the MSI tool turning on and off MSI mode for your SATA driver and your GPU, and keep testing to see if something changes.
link: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ol.378044/
I would suggest messing around with HPET as it was one of the reasons I had very high DPC before.
Also would try removing any type of overclocking done, especially for CPU and ram..

qvik18

Post by qvik18 » 16 May 2022, 13:30

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
16 May 2022, 11:48
First, I would suggest messing around with the MSI tool turning on and off MSI mode for your SATA driver and your GPU, and keep testing to see if something changes.
link: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windo ... ol.378044/
I would suggest messing around with HPET as it was one of the reasons I had very high DPC before.
Also would try removing any type of overclocking done, especially for CPU and ram..
use platformclock true seems to fix much of problem but i get very low fps like 120-90 from 240,fresh windows install probably seems to fix it but for 20-30 min and again there is this :/

kokkatc

Post by kokkatc » 20 May 2022, 13:08

qvik18 wrote:
13 May 2022, 02:13
valorant seems to be .5 sec behind,getting pre fired and recoil seems uncontrollable
Most people don't understand how to use this tool, Latency Monitor. Hopefully in the future they add some kind of popup to the app which explains how to get accurate results.

If you look at one of the images where latency monitor is displayed, you'll see in the print that says, 'One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and Bios Setup.'

So, before you begin using this app, you need to go into your systems BIOS and disable all cpu throttling features, otherwise you won't get accurate results w/ this tool. Disable speedstep, eist, c-states, thermal monitor. If on AMD, there's also an option called cool and quiet that you also need to disable. After you disable these in the bios, now go into your OS and make sure you're on a high performing power plan. Either 'High Performance' or "Ultimate Performance' should suffice. Go into the plans options and disable any power savings under PCI and for USB. USB's I believe is called usb selective suspend. Disable those.

Now go back and run Latency Monitor for an accurate representation of what's happening on your system.

qvik18

Post by qvik18 » 20 Jun 2022, 04:57

sorry for late reply was a bit busy....so after using useplatformtick yes am getting this with random spikes or else i was getting every thing in red around 4000us,and help is appreciated

using timer resolution and setting it to .5 am getting under 500us with random spike but its under green line
Attachments
z.png
z.png (22.33 KiB) Viewed 1817 times