CSGO replay?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
BTRY B 529th FA BN

CSGO replay?

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 19 May 2022, 11:45

Sometimes I'll check the replay of how I got killed and the smoothness of the replay is what intrigues me. Anyone know what this is exploiting?

joseph_from_pilsen

Re: CSGO replay?

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 21 May 2022, 12:42

- make sure you play with "cl_interpolate 1"
- when the server is laggy, the replay is choppy too
- the replay has lower tickrate than the original match
- the replay is what the server is seeing. The diff client replay vs server replay is up to insane 2 meters because stupid sv_unlag 0.2 (lagcompensation giving players late info from server to client about high pingers).

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 21 May 2022, 14:04

Thank you. I was wondering if there was a connection between client side performance and server replay. That seemed to answer my question :)

Is cl_interp_ratio the same thing?

cobson

Post by cobson » 23 May 2022, 10:29

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
21 May 2022, 12:42
- the replay has lower tickrate than the original match
- the replay is what the server is seeing.
That's a contradiction

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 May 2022, 14:45

Replays (that looks same to all users) are often diverged because:

- Everybody had a completely different view of the game because of all the different latencies they had back while playing the game. This is due to the laws of physics of the open Internet and how a server tries to reconcile all of this via prediction algorithms.

- Replays unify the appearance of what happened (from the servers' pesrpective). When replaying, in most games, it is a replay of what the server thought happened.

Due to laws of physics, this necessarily diverges from the actual individual experience prior to the replay.

Still, it is annoying seeing a replay that's slightly different from individual experience prior to the replay.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 24 May 2022, 06:41

Is there any way to change the view from the opponent who killed you to your first person view? I'm interested in seeing where my cross-hairs registered the shots, sometimes.

mybad

Post by mybad » 24 May 2022, 18:09

This never happens, because that immediately shows how big the input lag is generated by the server.
I make a request about this a long time ago at old steampowered forum, of course, was ignored :).