INPUT LAG MOUSE FEELS HEAVY

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
BFC

Re: INPUT LAG MOUSE FEELS HEAVY

Post by BFC » 24 Jul 2022, 03:08

BFC wrote:
29 May 2022, 17:53
Game feels choppy, heavy and laggy. When I move my mouse at 250-300 fps I don't see any stuttering on my screen but when my fps drops around 200 or less it's really noticeable and makes my game really worse. It's hard to spray because of that. It happens in a lot of duels too when there's a lot of stress in game. (CS:GO, Valorant)

i510400f
rx580 4gb
16gbram
win11
ssd
b460m mortar wifi
750w psu
any help

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 24 Jul 2022, 13:46

CSGO - It's nature of the game. Lower fps = shittier mouse movements. if anybody tells you otherwise it's them not playing the game and basing their lifeview on LTT videos. Not sure about valorant but there I imagine you are just dipping in FPS a lot and frequently, probably.

Have you tried turning on xmp in the bios? AFAIK you will be locked on 2600 or something but that's gotta be better than the default. Otherwise overclock graphic card a bit and lower the res.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 24 Jul 2022, 15:29

DPRTMELR wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 13:46
CSGO - It's nature of the game. Lower fps = shittier mouse movements. if anybody tells you otherwise it's them not playing the game and basing their lifeview on LTT videos. Not sure about valorant but there I imagine you are just dipping in FPS a lot and frequently, probably.

Have you tried turning on xmp in the bios? AFAIK you will be locked on 2600 or something but that's gotta be better than the default. Otherwise overclock graphic card a bit and lower the res.
Valorant- in particular- is a little different when it comes to fps drops and performance optimizations.

The devs/support seem very adamant on avoiding any form of overclocking to avoid issues ingame. From what I've seen, I think they are right. Often, the game runs better with everything stock. Even when it comes to XMP/DOCP- sometimes Valorant runs better on stock RAM without those RAM profiles. Seems weird, but Valorant seems very sensitive to certain settings/changes.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 24 Jul 2022, 16:01

Shade7 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 15:29
DPRTMELR wrote:

Valorant- in particular- is a little different when it comes to fps drops and performance optimizations.

The devs/support seem very adamant on avoiding any form of overclocking to avoid issues ingame. From what I've seen, I think they are right. Often, the game runs better with everything stock. Even when it comes to XMP/DOCP- sometimes Valorant runs better on stock RAM without those RAM profiles. Seems weird, but Valorant seems very sensitive to certain settings/changes.
I downloaded and installed the game earlier this month because people specing me kept asking if i play valorant and whats my main class or whatever and I was hoping my aim could be better utilized there. But nope can't even make it through the start up mainmenu splash screen before the computer would lock up completely D: Must be some serious anti-tempering protection they are running over there.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 24 Jul 2022, 17:24

DPRTMELR wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 16:01
Shade7 wrote:
DPRTMELR wrote:

I downloaded and installed the game earlier this month because people specing me kept asking if i play valorant and whats my main class or whatever and I was hoping my aim could be better utilized there. But nope can't even make it through the start up mainmenu splash screen before the computer would lock up completely D: Must be some serious anti-tempering protection they are running over there.
Yes- Their Anticheat is probably the strictest one around. It will shutdown most background programs without telling you also (including a lot of fan controlling software, rgb, etc)

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 24 Jul 2022, 21:43

Shade7 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 17:24

Yes- Their Anticheat is probably the strictest one around. It will shutdown most background programs without telling you also (including a lot of fan controlling software, rgb, etc)
Yeah that narrows it down to messing with HPET or... dwm bandaids probably lol. I stopped trying after uninstalling csgo's anti cheat services, worried that they might be interfering but I will try it again when I get bored. I have been meaning to feel the fluidity of 360hz/8k mouse in full force for a long time anyway.

BFC

Post by BFC » 25 Jul 2022, 02:26

DPRTMELR wrote:

It's on now but i ll try default setting. In cs go is better actually atleast i can move my mouse in combat but valorant looks like my sens 0.1 and changin graphic doesnt effect fps for valorant.

BFC

Post by BFC » 25 Jul 2022, 02:28

Shade7 wrote:
DPRTMELR wrote:

I ll try default ram and default settings for gpu if im not wrong my gpu oc and last pstate 1411. Should i undervolt you think? Sorry for my lang.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 25 Jul 2022, 12:05

BFC wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 02:28
Shade7 wrote:
DPRTMELR wrote:

I ll try default ram and default settings for gpu if im not wrong my gpu oc and last pstate 1411. Should i undervolt you think? Sorry for my lang.
I wouldn't undervolt. Just no need for GPU overclocks. Should not help in any way for valorant, and could only potentially hurt it.
Reset Nvidia control panel to defaults (only turn refresh rate to "highest available"). Leave everything else on default. Even textures, leave it on the default "quality" option.

Make sure GPU fan is working (using afterburner or evga precision x if you have evga card.

Res -> use default 1920x1080 (if you have 1080p monitor).

BFC

Post by BFC » 26 Jul 2022, 02:25

Shade7 wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 12:05
BFC wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 02:28
Shade7 wrote:
DPRTMELR wrote:

I wouldn't undervolt. Just no need for GPU overclocks. Should not help in any way for valorant, and could only potentially hurt it.
Reset Nvidia control panel to defaults (only turn refresh rate to "highest available"). Leave everything else on default. Even textures, leave it on the default "quality" option.

Make sure GPU fan is working (using afterburner or evga precision x if you have evga card.

Res -> use default 1920x1080 (if you have 1080p monitor).
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consume ... -580-4g-g5 this is my card thats why i am askin should i undervolt

About fan workin are you sayin %100 all the time

im playin 1920x1080