Razer Viper 8k Firmware update

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Boop

Re: Razer Viper 8k Firmware update

Post by Boop » 17 Aug 2022, 15:36

Alpha wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 10:34
evmadic wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 19:09
Razer has a new 4k hz wireless dongle for their pro series peripherals.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/co ... t_4000_hz/
More good news for smoother gameplay at higher refresh rates.
Did you have a chance to try this out? Is Synapse required? I keep Synapse on my Streaming PC for updates and while I love Razer mice (just grabbed the DeathAdder V3 Pro which I like more than my Viper V2 Pro) I hate how intrusive the software is. Still a bit annoyed you can't save DPI settings to memory.

Was there a list anywhere out there on games that support higher polling? I should get my Dongle today to play around with.
Yes, I've tested it with the Viper v2 Pro. You can set the polling rate, DPI setting, and then close Synapse. I have all the Synapse services disabled in Services.msc and enable them when I want to make changes. I'm using the DeathAdder v3 Pro at the moment and it works the same way.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 17 Aug 2022, 16:52

This is the way.

There is a noticeable difference between having synapse running and not.

Closing the app in the system tray does nothing, but terminating it’s services in task manager does the trick.

It’s the reason I kept it off my gaming pc and instead had it installed on my laptop, but became an irritantance to constantly plug and unplug mouse.

To me it feels that when synapse is open and running, mouse sens will feel slightly slower than when it’s closed fully.

So if it feels slightly too slow when it’s running, it’s gold for when it’s closed.
If it feels perfect with app running, it will feel slightly too fast when closed.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Aug 2022, 18:17

Vocaleyes wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 20:12
Nice, just remember that audio has a major impact on mouse performance in certain circumstances. So if 8k isn't smooth try installing an alternate driver, e.g. high def driver from microsoft...
It's amazing how certain sound drivers really add mouse jitter for >1KHz mice.

I hope Realtek adds better QA testing to make their sound drivers behave better with 8KHz mice.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 03 Sep 2022, 13:51

Alpha wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 10:34
Boop wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 15:36

how is the dongle experience? relative to either 1k or wired 4k
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

evmadic

Post by evmadic » 06 Sep 2022, 08:59

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 18:17
Vocaleyes wrote:
Nice, just remember that audio has a major impact on mouse performance in certain circumstances. So if 8k isn't smooth try installing an alternate driver, e.g. high def driver from microsoft...

I hope Realtek adds better QA testing to make their sound drivers behave better with 8KHz mice.
Sorry but can I ask, is there an alternative audio driver to Realtek that won't affect mouse performance?
5800x3d, RTX 4070 ti, Acer Nitro XV252QF 390Hz
https://www.twitch.tv/evmadic

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Sep 2022, 12:44

evmadic wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 08:59
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 18:17
Vocaleyes wrote:

Sorry but can I ask, is there an alternative audio driver to Realtek that won't affect mouse performance?
Realtek may not be problem on your system. Try enabling/disabling audio and see how your mouse behaves — if there’s human-visible jitter differences when lots of sound is occuring, versus when sound is off — then you’ve got a problem. This is usually a motherboard-specific problem — certain motherboards feels very “Realtek inefficient” for some weird reason.

The drivers provided by motherboard manufacturer may behave differently from the one that Microsoft WHQL automatically installs. Try both.

If it is a problem, experiment with an external DAC (USB sound card) — you can for example get a USB Soundblaster dongle or whatever — and plug it into a dedicated USB hub (e.g. PCIe USB card or other) and see if it’s a lesser-of-evil.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 06 Sep 2022, 14:05

It may be also due to the supremefx chip installed on the mobo?

Afaik that is also made by Realtek, but don’t quote me on that.

evmadic

Post by evmadic » 08 Sep 2022, 04:59

Thanks for the reply Chief, I just bought a used 8khz, hopefully it arrives by tomorrow.
Also for those whose experience a noticeable drop in FPS running the 8khz, you may want to try using the MS Interrupt Affinity tool to re-designate which cores of your CPU handle the USB loads. By default windows assigns a lot of the work to the first 1-2 cores, this tool can help to spread the load across different cores (depending on how many cores your CPU has). I used it to reassign the cores that handle the USB loads as well as GPU rendering and it smoothed out some micro stutter issues I was having. Will do more tests with the viper 8khz when it arrives.
5800x3d, RTX 4070 ti, Acer Nitro XV252QF 390Hz
https://www.twitch.tv/evmadic

mago

Post by mago » 08 Sep 2022, 08:52

i found that setting to 8khz 1000dpi
5/11 in mouse settings
disabling acc
SweetLow driver
and disabling:
USB selective suspend setting in the power plan
helps with weird mouse behavior
Last edited by mago on 11 Sep 2022, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 09 Sep 2022, 11:20

Saw this post on reddit this morning. Thought it was really funny & quite interesting. :lol:

What do you guys think?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/co ... vs_1000hz/