How to disable/enable DWM with batch script

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
duckyshine

How to disable/enable DWM with batch script

Post by duckyshine » 14 Jun 2022, 06:52

Hello,

today i will show you, how to disable/enable dwm with a batch script. All credits goes to him https://github.com/dreammjow/DWM-Tool because i took his script and modified it a bit.

I do not take any responsibility for any damage caused through use of the script
I tested it only on my current Windows 10 21H2 build, and only with the game csgo. It may or may not work on your system. If you break something i will try to help you, but no gurantee. My general advice is to make a backup before you run this script.

If DWM is disabled, it will break a lot of functions like:
"UAC"
Startmenu
Open With may not work
UWP apps will stop working
and a lot more...

Important to know: if you disable DWM with this script, UAC will "soft brick". The UAC window will be just blank, but you can still interagate with it. If you press 2x tab and enter, it will accept the UAC request.

You just need to start "_disable.bat" to disable DWM, and "_enable.bat" to enable DWM again.

Virustotal from SetACL.exe:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/427 ... /detection
You can download SetACL.exe from here:
https://helgeklein.com/setacl/

DWM disable/enable:
DWM.zip
(232.09 KiB) Downloaded 670 times

duckyshine

Re: How to disable/enable DWM with batch script

Post by duckyshine » 08 Jul 2022, 02:30

Does it work for you ?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 08 Jul 2022, 06:11

duckyshine wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 02:30
Does it work for you ?
I don't think anyone is crazy enough to change all these low level system settings. If you look at the batch files, they change a lot of stuff.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 08 Jul 2022, 06:15

duckyshine wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 02:30
Does it work for you ?
You dont want disable dwm.exe. No one is doing it (99,99% of pc users, I suppose) , without special needs. If you have inputlag, this is maybe only cure symptoms ( like many other tweaks, for a limited time) , but not fixing it.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 08 Jul 2022, 15:20

Make a second windows partition and do this on it, probably won’t do much but you get to use your main windows partition without issues