Using enternally powered USB hub fix random mouse lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
3xil3

Using enternally powered USB hub fix random mouse lag

Post by 3xil3 » 20 Jun 2022, 15:20

I actually had to Purchaed 2 external USB HUBs that has own power source. I originally tested with one and all good with 8k mouse and standard KB. But i have high end 60%ducky and for some reason power hog when plugged into same HUB much better but still wasn't %100. Now i got both plugged into their own dedicated USB hub that have own power source and lags all gone. Seem like MBs are not pushing enough juice to USB even more so when using the device RGB.
Last edited by 3xil3 on 21 Jun 2022, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

Vocaleyes

Re: Using enternally powered USB hub fix random mouse lag

Post by Vocaleyes » 20 Jun 2022, 16:12

Does your mouse cursor drift anymore when making repeated circles?

Slender

Post by Slender » 20 Jun 2022, 17:42

i have this, and works normal without power support
Attachments
H08c24a62380249c888deaca7d835a6d2x.jpg
H08c24a62380249c888deaca7d835a6d2x.jpg (161.28 KiB) Viewed 4804 times

3xil3

Post by 3xil3 » 21 Jun 2022, 02:16

Forgot to mention using mini ITX MB why mentioned external HUB but yea any PCI card preferably with PSU connection be fine.
Vocaleyes wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 16:12
Does your mouse cursor drift anymore when making repeated circles?
No its been good so far ive even cranked up all my power settings and OC more and push hardware even more. Prior even just changing any settings had to do with power would make mouse feel floaty. it was like balancing act it was like dirty power or outside interference.
It never really happened when ever took crap mouse/keyboard but i have high poling mouse/KB plus having RGB on made it worst but now it fine.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 21 Jun 2022, 03:00

Any chance you could make 2 videos?

1 with mouse plugged into mobo - draw 50 circles in paint,
2 with mouse plugged into pcie- draw 50 circles.

Then let me know the difference if any!

Thanks bud.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 21 Jun 2022, 21:55

Vocaleyes wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 03:00
Any chance you could make 2 videos?

1 with mouse plugged into mobo - draw 50 circles in paint,
2 with mouse plugged into pcie- draw 50 circles.

Then let me know the difference if any!

Thanks bud.
I'd love to see that as well.

Any chance you could post an amazon link to the USB hubs you bought? Would love to give it a try if this actually helps.

xShino

Post by xShino » 22 Jun 2022, 07:06

What do you mean by "random mouse lag"? This is the second time you're not explaining what kind of problem you are actually solving.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jun 2022, 12:10

Hubs can certainly improve things for a gaming mouse for many obscure reasons, but I prefer the "create a new root hub" route of a new PCIe USB card -- like the one pictured.

It has historically been best to avoid daisy-chaining hubs, and simply create a brand new USB root hub by adding a PCIe USB card. This reduces risk of USB congestion / traffic sharing.

However, an external daisy-chained USB hub may in some case improve things if the quality of the USB ports is superior and solves a problem with the original USB port that the mouse is having issues with (e.g. power supply, or ground fault issue)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Slender

Post by Slender » 25 Jun 2022, 19:28

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 12:10
Hubs can certainly improve things for a gaming mouse for many obscure reasons, but I prefer the "create a new root hub" route of a new PCIe USB card -- like the one pictured.

It has historically been best to avoid daisy-chaining hubs, and simply create a brand new USB root hub by adding a PCIe USB card. This reduces risk of USB congestion / traffic sharing.

However, an external daisy-chained USB hub may in some case improve things if the quality of the USB ports is superior and solves a problem with the original USB port that the mouse is having issues with (e.g. power supply, or ground fault issue)
I also note that pci usb 2.0 devices use a completely different driver from the main controller.
Attachments
usb 2.0 pci .PNG
usb 2.0 pci .PNG (1.99 KiB) Viewed 4160 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Jun 2022, 14:51

Slender wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 19:28
I also note that pci usb 2.0 devices use a completely different driver from the main controller.
A different USB driver triggered by a different USB hub, is also another good consideration.
Some USB drivers are better than others!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!