"Lag" issue while playing Warzone w/Controller

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Segelquist

"Lag" issue while playing Warzone w/Controller

Post by Segelquist » 27 Jun 2022, 16:56

My current setup is :
HP Omen 30L (Yes prebuilts are not great)
Ryzen 7 5700x
Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060ti (8GB)
HyperX Fury DDR4 2*8GB at 3200Mhz
HP 800w 80Plus Gold PSU
27in LGgn650-B 144hz monitor DP connection
1TB SSD
Windows 11 (I've followed all windows optimizations that I could find)
Bitsum Ultimate Performance Power Plan
Core Parking Disabled

I have been dealing with some kind of input delay for over a year while playing Warzone. I have gone through 3 monitors, 2 ISP's, more Windows resets than I can count... Basically I can play 1 or possibly up to 3 or 4 matches before I feel incredibly bogged down. Usually my FPS doesn't really drop when this happens. It feels like my sensitivity is decreased, reloading, switching guns, all feel incredibly slow. I play with a PS5 controller currently, although I had this same issue with other controllers as well. My FPS typically stays around 180-210 during games for reference. So the fact that I am feeling this delay is hard to fully understand. I watch tons of people playing on Youtube/Twitch and their gameplay looks so smooth and fast. When the games run smoothly, I'm easily a 4KD player, when the delay kicks in, I am battling for a 1KD.
I have tried every combination I can think of as far as Gsync On/Off, Vsync On/Off, capping frames, Low Latency On, On+Boost...
I'm sure having a 144hz monitor isn't ideal when getting up to 200FPS, but it's discouraging to say the least.
Over the past year I have tried every optimization I can find. Some things seem to be a temporary fix but then I always end up feeling the same lag.
My internet is around 400mbps down and 25mbps up. I got a router that has QoS which drops my speed to 150mbps/20mbps but it eliminates all Bufferbloat. I don't feel like it is Network related at this point.

One anomoly with the Prebuilt, is that GPUz shows my core clock on the 3060ti at 1410Mhz and boost at 1665Mhz. However, monitoring with MSI Afterburner shows the clock running at 1925Mhz while gaming. The HP Bios is a joke, I can't figure a way to access any Advanced settings to be able to change anything with my CPU. Mainly Power Saving things I would like to disable..

I attached the LatencyMon results from a 5 min session of playing Warzone where the Input Delay felt really bad. I am experimenting with an older Nvidia Driver that I find gives me the highest FPS while playing. Honestly at this point I'm just looking for some kind of solution, I find it incredibly frustrating to be getting upwards of 200FPS and the gameplay feels terrible.

Any ideas or possible solutions will be greatly appreciated. I tried to include as much info as I could think of, I'm sure I left out a ton.

20220627_154043.jpg
20220627_154043.jpg (3.32 MiB) Viewed 1576 times
20220627_154116.jpg
20220627_154116.jpg (4.41 MiB) Viewed 1576 times
20220627_154124.jpg
20220627_154124.jpg (4.54 MiB) Viewed 1576 times

joseph_from_pilsen

Re: "Lag" issue while playing Warzone w/Controller

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 07 Jul 2022, 03:16

A bit offtopic but not too much. This happens in CSGO too, if i log to some server, the game runs better and less heavy when the map begins, after few minutes it runs noticably worse even if the parameters (FPS, server variance) dont seem to be worsening too much (but they usually are). However, i have this experience only at deathmatch or public servers, not in competitives, so its probably not your issue. At my older PC the fps graph was also showing some decline with time (mostly at valve official DM servers), at my newer PC its not FPS declining with time but the input latency seems to be worse after some time. Again, only at (some) public servers with many players, competitive games are OK and the input lag resets back at the end of map. At new map it starts again in normal range.

These GPU clocks are normal, you see real clock, which is at this generation of GPUs much higher than official "boost" which is just a lowest number, not highest. My 3060 (non Ti) in laptop has similar clocks and behavior.
In CSGO its necessary to disable the controller at all, otherwise it causes lags and stuttering.
It may be somehow related to the controller, controllers are a piece of garb... hardware, they have limitations, they may start overheating, they may start interferring with something, they have IRQ resource, they send data over bus at mobo. Try to disable all innecessary ports at mobo (hard disable paralell port, serial port, infrared, unused usbs, unused sata...), also disable any power plan (the one from manufacturer) and manually set high perf in windows. It may be interferring.
Your PC setup doesnt seem to be bad, considering its prebuild, its kinda fine, at least at paper, there is no clear bottleneck or disballance like its usual at prebuilds. I only wonder you run only 144Hz, today its standard at least 240Hz with some low input lag screen.
And i would at your place record frames with capframex and post it here. Without evidence its hard to guess.