240 hz feels like 60 hz, high fps, choppy image, not smooth

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Melkxz

Re: 240 hz feels like 60 hz, high fps, choppy image, not smooth

Post by Melkxz » 14 Jul 2022, 16:43

smt ON/OFF 0 diff (I'm around 8 µs avg DPS lat). Again I don't think you want to disable SMT on a 5600x.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 14 Jul 2022, 17:32

Contact him

https://twitter.com/s1mpleo

and ask if SMT on his AMD is on or off. Stop being ridiculous with this magic bios settings.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 14 Jul 2022, 17:45

Melkxz wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 16:43
smt ON/OFF 0 diff (I'm around 8 µs avg DPS lat). Again I don't think you want to disable SMT on a 5600x.
Yeah now that I think about it bf4 is one of those 8 core threads and so with smt off you might actrually lose fps. But still, smt off is gonna make it into a night and day difference just because it's the easiest way to solve what he's got going on. It's could be the wrong answer but it's right for his system right now.
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 17:32
Contact him

https://twitter.com/s1mpleo

and ask if SMT on his AMD is on or off. Stop being ridiculous with this magic bios settings.

AMD is providing s1mple with sweet hardwares and salary to be the face of their gaming forefront, who's paying you? calm down. it's your money against what you get in your hands.

Another thing is nobody in the forum has pulled "lol well ur a noob l2p", or "well s1mple gets it done, why u bad" to your clips of you clearly being slower than that of 64tick. comeo n..
Last edited by DPRTMELR on 14 Jul 2022, 17:52, edited 2 times in total.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 14 Jul 2022, 17:50

DPRTMELR wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 17:45
AMD is providing s1mple with sweet hardwares and salary to be the face of their gaming forefront, who's paying you? calm down. it's your money against what you get in your hands.
You calm down with your stupid theories.

Eventually you can ask him for SMT settings

https://twitter.com/D0cC_csgo?ref_src=t ... r%5Eauthor

He is not sponsored by AMD as I can see.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 14 Jul 2022, 18:01

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 17:50
DPRTMELR wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 17:45
You calm down with your stupid theories.

Eventually you can ask him for SMT settings

https://twitter.com/D0cC_csgo?ref_src=t ... r%5Eauthor

He is not sponsored by AMD as I can see.
Only stupid theory I had was that there might've been something genuienly wrong with your setup and also tried to help.

-edit

Ah I guess D0CC person made a comment about SMT? your links not displaying anything(I could load it up on chrome but nah). I thought he made a comment about s1mple and amd. I would never not have it turned off but you can do your own testing in about 5 minutes for the game you play to see if loss of threads worth.

But I will have to reiterate (see latencymon)
It's could be the wrong answer but it's right for his system right now

ujjwal15

Post by ujjwal15 » 14 Jul 2022, 18:10

Sorry I might sound dumb but this worked for me. So what happened was my nvidia driver latency was also higher than other drivers (others were below 0.1) and it's was around 0.3. Also in safe mode the mouse was very responsive, the difference was night and day. So i decided to turn off msi mode from my GPU and this is where it sounds dumb because i know msi is meant to reduce latency but I have a laptop with a 1070 non max-q and it has high dpc because of acpi.sys driver. I could never find a proper fix for this driver(there is one but it requires me to disable turbo). I also have a 240hz monitor and it never felt like gaming on a high refresh rate one. Also msi mode was on by default. So yeah disabling msi worked for me atleast for valorant, using 'atleast' because I didn't test it on other games.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 14 Jul 2022, 18:30

I tested it 2 years ago. People must understand that the only option is to move and buy brand new PC. Especially those, who fight with this issue for months.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 14 Jul 2022, 18:43

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 18:30
I tested it 2 years ago. People must understand that the only option is to move and buy brand new PC. Especially those, who fight with this issue for months.
He's having issues with fps drops making his mouse feel like crap, he is in the middle of determining if it's his computer parts, power, mouse whatever. You.. on the other hand have otherwise perfect setting but have issues with an odd lag compensation mechanic in place for a game developed by Valve on their looser, less competetively set servers (apparently chinese got 128ticks for their MM altogether)

I don't think he will have to move especially if he had a fine gaming experience in that same room a year or two ago. I am still betting on random dwm changes through out windows update that he can't shake off or core 0 taking all the driver interrupts.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 14 Jul 2022, 19:21

DPRTMELR wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 18:43
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
He's having issues with fps drops making his mouse feel like crap, he is in the middle of determining if it's his computer parts, power, mouse whatever. You.. on the other hand have otherwise perfect setting but have issues with an odd lag compensation mechanic in place for a game developed by Valve on their looser, less competetively set servers (apparently chinese got 128ticks for their MM altogether)

I don't think he will have to move especially if he had a fine gaming experience in that same room a year or two ago. I am still betting on random dwm changes through out windows update that he can't shake off or core 0 taking all the driver interrupts.
Not precisely. Lag compensation is other thing but I have mouse and keyboard issues aswell. For the mouse it's variable sens, unexplainable accelerations and for the keyboard slow response and "stickyness" (because of it I can't peek with the deagle quickly). I am playing with the same sensitivity for years, on a cheap gaming laptop I didn't put so much efford to move cursor quickly and directly at an enemy's head because it was already in my muscle memory. On my superduper PC it's barely possible, I would say depending on luck most of the times. Before you conclude something: tried already so many mice that I stopped counting, 5 mechanical keyboards, 5 mouse pads, accel 100% off. My suspiction: induced current in the wires from radio interference generated by PSU. My PSU emits enormous amount of EMI (checked with AM radio). When I was moving the mouse the interference was disturbed, it would explain why I see the difference when I move it rapidly or slowly with microadjustments. It's somehow correlated. Can't describe exactly how does it feel.

If I find motivation then I'll record it.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 15 Jul 2022, 02:37

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 19:21
DPRTMELR wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 18:43
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:

Not precisely. Lag compensation is other thing but I have mouse and keyboard issues aswell. For the mouse it's variable sens, unexplainable accelerations and for the keyboard slow response and "stickyness" (because of it I can't peek with the deagle quickly). I am playing with the same sensitivity for years, on a cheap gaming laptop I didn't put so much efford to move cursor quickly and directly at an enemy's head because it was already in my muscle memory. On my superduper PC it's barely possible, I would say depending on luck most of the times. Before you conclude something: tried already so many mice that I stopped counting, 5 mechanical keyboards, 5 mouse pads, accel 100% off. My suspiction: induced current in the wires from radio interference generated by PSU. My PSU emits enormous amount of EMI (checked with AM radio). When I was moving the mouse the interference was disturbed, it would explain why I see the difference when I move it rapidly or slowly with microadjustments. It's somehow correlated. Can't describe exactly how does it feel.

If I find motivation then I'll record it.

Dumb question inbound- prepare yourself:

Could the placement of your pc (e.g. back-end of case too close a wall) potentially have an affect on the EMI emitted by the PSU?