240 hz feels like 60 hz, high fps, choppy image, not smooth

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Cyanide_

Re: 240 hz feels like 60 hz, high fps, choppy image, not smooth

Post by Cyanide_ » 29 Jul 2022, 00:59

Are you using ReviOS 10 or 11 right now? Is it still going well?
In general yes it's more smooth, still not perfect but I can live with it.

Here's my LatMon, short one and it's not really demanding game but still, I don't really know how to interpret it but wdf1000 is gone it looks like.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 30 Jul 2022, 05:07

Okay guys IDK what's going on... I have installed this revios like 10 days ago, and in first 3-5 days everything was butter smooth, I had a blast, but now this chopiness and slowness of system is back, here's fresh LatMon for anyone interested: https://imgur.com/a/irrEj2Z

I don't install any bloatware or stuff that slows down your PC, only launchers, important drivers, games and that's it.

But now it's back, even when typing in browser search bar or anywhere input is "slow", there is also jittery in game and it feels like 60 hz again.

What can even cause that, especially after time?

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 30 Jul 2022, 05:30

Iserverthefirelord wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 05:07
Okay guys IDK what's going on... I have installed this revios like 10 days ago, and in first 3-5 days everything was butter smooth, I had a blast, but now this chopiness and slowness of system is back, here's fresh LatMon for anyone interested: https://imgur.com/a/irrEj2Z

I don't install any bloatware or stuff that slows down your PC, only launchers, important drivers, games and that's it.

But now it's back, even when typing in browser search bar or anywhere input is "slow", there is also jittery in game and it feels like 60 hz again.

What can even cause that, especially after time?
you did x so y is happening, it's only been 10 days lol.

start off by turning off the brave browser, if the problems still there get new ssd.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 30 Jul 2022, 06:17

I've tried three different drives (m2, sata ssd, old hdd) with fresh installs, with no extra apps (no Chrome, Brave, Firefox etc.) but ONLY launcher and game, still nothing.
start off by turning off the brave browser, if the problems still there get new ssd.
What do you mean by turning off, closing it? I play without it most of the time. BTW it comes with revios preinstalled

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 30 Jul 2022, 07:01

30 Jul 2022, 06:17
I've tried three different drives (m2, sata ssd, old hdd) with fresh installs, with no extra apps (no Chrome, Brave, Firefox etc.) but ONLY launcher and game, still nothing.
What do you mean by turning off, closing it? I play without it most of the time. BTW it comes with revios preinstalled
storport.sys is high but presumably that's because of the pagefaults caused and you say you tried 3 different drives. so there is no visible problem other then brave browsers.
try logging your fps to visualize your issues, or show us actual idle latencymon results.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 30 Jul 2022, 13:26

- Uninstall Brave

- Set chrome to "not run in the background" & turn off "hardware acceleration"

- uninstall Latencymon. I've found that having it installed could cause issues for certain games. I don't know if it affects yours, but just in case.

- disable fast boot in bios, then do proper restart of PC.

- install chipset drivers (ReviOS does not come with them). You've probably already done this.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 30 Jul 2022, 21:30

22 Jul 2022, 16:16
You must realize that if you've already tried a clean windows installation attempt for the 10th time (You shouldve 'already made conclusions after the 2rd install to be honest), some other custom OS is not going to relieve your issues right? It's probably going to exacerbate them further.
I've tried w10 and w11 installs on three different drives (m2, sata ssd, hdd) with no luck, tried LTSC 1809 also, if that makes sense. Since newer versions of Windows come with more and more bloatware/useless stuff, w11 has it's problems with AMD and so on.
ReviOS works surprisingly fine though, much smoother than any other install, finally can flick and turn around without choppiness. Knocking on wood rn & still testing :D

DPRTMELR man what exact questions are you asking since page one? Maybe I'm missing something, or I've just answered them before lol.
Yes I had a smooth experience with this monitor and PC, in any game, way smoother than with my old 144 hz screen I'd say. I've mentioned my younger brother because I can compare anytime his rig and mine and see how it works, his is stable & fluid, mine has been not working as intended for months. It's not like I'm losing my mind or anything.
Also I'm not looking for any tips how to squeeze a single MS of input, or FPS, I'm grateful for the advices tho, this stuff is useful for many people.
Can you record a video with this comparsion with your smartphone? Your case is very rare, you have 2 pc at the same place with and without input lag. Many ppl here have only 1 pc with all lag with no chance to make such test.

Afterwards, you can make disk image of your brother windows and try restore it to your pc and compare again

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 31 Jul 2022, 01:12

- Uninstall Brave

- uninstall Latencymon. I've found that having it installed could cause issues for certain games. I don't know if it affects yours, but just in case.

- install chipset drivers (ReviOS does not come with them). You've probably already done this.
Hi - I always install the latest chipset drivers (4.06.10.651 right now), sure. LatMon and MSI AB gave me a headache too, games run even worse with them opened, AB gives some extra stutters most of the time. Rest - I'm on it, really curious about this "Brave" can it cause this choppiness, and if yes, how.
Can you record a video with this comparsion with your smartphone? Your case is very rare, you have 2 pc at the same place with and without input lag. Many ppl here have only 1 pc with all lag with no chance to make such test.

Afterwards, you can make disk image of your brother windows and try restore it to your pc and compare again
Hi - I have recordings of the gameplay but it looks completely normal, in reality I'm having choppiness, not smooth image on screen, especially when moving mouse around, flicking etc. No "input lag" or whatsoever, I mean there's no delay while shooting or doing actions, it's just image being not smooth and overall gameplay looking like it's 75 hz instead of 240 hz. Hope it makes sense.

To clarify my previous messages bit: brother lives in other place, he's like 10km away from me, and his PC & electricity are working perfectly fine. If you are talking about "electricity related input lag/desync", I don't think this is it, have tested in 3 places before (including that one where brother lives) and everything was the same.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 31 Jul 2022, 01:34

31 Jul 2022, 01:12
- Uninstall Brave

Hi - I always install the latest chipset drivers (4.06.10.651 right now), sure. LatMon and MSI AB gave me a headache too, games run even worse with them opened, AB gives some extra stutters most of the time. Rest - I'm on it, really curious about this "Brave" can it cause this choppiness, and if yes, how.

Hi - I have recordings of the gameplay but it looks completely normal, in reality I'm having choppiness, not smooth image on screen, especially when moving mouse around, flicking etc. No "input lag" or whatsoever, I mean there's no delay while shooting or doing actions, it's just image being not smooth and overall gameplay looking like it's 75 hz instead of 240 hz. Hope it makes sense.

To clarify my previous messages bit: brother lives in other place, he's like 10km away from me, and his PC & electricity are working perfectly fine. If you are talking about "electricity related input lag/desync", I don't think this is it, have tested in 3 places before (including that one where brother lives) and everything was the same.
No- I don't anything about Brave causing issues, I just uninstall it because I prefer Chrome.

I recommend downloading *Autoruns* and see what miscellaneous drivers/programs are open on your system.

If I remember correctly, Latencymon leaves behind an inactive driver even after you uninstall it. I deleted that driver through Autoruns (I think*)

EDIT: Meant Auroruns, not Processexplorer.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 31 Jul 2022, 04:43

I recommend downloading *Autoruns* and see what miscellaneous drivers/programs are open on your system.

If I remember correctly, Latencymon leaves behind an inactive driver even after you uninstall it. I deleted that driver through Autoruns (I think*)
That program looks great, thank you for recommending it! Can you see anything SUS there?