240 hz feels like 60 hz, high fps, choppy image, not smooth

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Janer110

Re: 240 hz feels like 60 hz, high fps, choppy image, not smooth

Post by Janer110 » 22 Dec 2023, 10:12

I have the same problem here, has anyone found a solution?

crackie1x

Post by crackie1x » 26 Dec 2023, 16:53

I have the same problem and been looking for a fix since 2 years now. My monitor (240Hz) just looks blurry and like 60Hz and makes my game (Fortnite) unplayable and causes input lag. I have my own internet now and know it‘s not a network based problem. I will try to switch my setup from my room into my sisters room for 1 day and see if it changes anything. I‘ve read the whole thread that Cyanide has started, and my game also feels way better at night than in the day. I don‘t know what causes it but I don‘t want to buy a new monitor/pc since I don‘t even know what is causing this depressing problem.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 27 Dec 2023, 03:33

crackie1x wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 16:53
I have the same problem and been looking for a fix since 2 years now. My monitor (240Hz) just looks blurry and like 60Hz and makes my game (Fortnite) unplayable and causes input lag. I have my own internet now and know it‘s not a network based problem. I will try to switch my setup from my room into my sisters room for 1 day and see if it changes anything. I‘ve read the whole thread that Cyanide has started, and my game also feels way better at night than in the day. I don‘t know what causes it but I don‘t want to buy a new monitor/pc since I don‘t even know what is causing this depressing problem.

Same man, during late at night/early morning I can hit 35k games one after another.
During the day I cannot play the game at all.

Don't buy a new pc unless u get this sorted, I built new ddr5 pc and bought xl2566k 360hz monitor and nothing changed.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 27 Dec 2023, 11:53

crackie1x wrote:
26 Dec 2023, 16:53
Hey, building a new pc won't help trust me (tried intel 4790k, i5 8400, ryzen 3600, 5600, 5800x3d, 5800h (laptop) setups). Only playing in "good" place really helped, no matter the setup. Also it's the same for me at day & night, it's probably RFI/EMI in the air, keep that in mind whoever reads this. It's not always in your wires or coming from poco.

Moderation Bot
VIP Member

Post by Moderation Bot » 27 Dec 2023, 22:01

[Thread Rewind Alert: Chain of posts deleted, some contained NSFW content. Please resume discussion based on previous marker above paying heed to Forum Rules, and report posts via there instead of this message or PMs. Please do not reply to me. Reply to other posters above instead. Thank you.]

ana7olich

Post by ana7olich » 29 Dec 2023, 23:23

haha, many days ago in 2019 it was a hard thing to find some folks with exactly the same problem, now we have a whole group, but nobody's know how to fix it. New PC won't help you for sure

Akso

Post by Akso » 10 Jan 2024, 07:47

TheKelz wrote:
12 Dec 2023, 05:31
Akso wrote:
31 Oct 2023, 09:22
HighFpsNotSmooth wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:43
Same issue man
Give a look to your DPC latency, it is maybe the culprit. I had the same issue and I resolved it by watching a lot of tutorial.
Try to go as low as possible.
And give a try to DriverCleaner to clean old useless drivers from your PC that can cause conflict.
Would you mind to show which exactly videos did you watch? And do you have an Intel or AMD system?
I have Intel system. For DPC latency tutorial you have a lot of them on youtube, search freely for them.

But that didnt work at all at the end, Im pissed by all of it honestly...

bunian

Post by bunian » 16 Jan 2024, 20:01

But why is input lag only on some computers?

Noirpirate85

Post by Noirpirate85 » 18 Jan 2024, 15:44

bunian wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 20:01
But why is input lag only on some computers?
i bet most people dont even know about it because they didnt know it any better ... on the other hand most shooter player use low sense and dpi between 400 and 600 and ingame sense on lowest so that they have an edpi of arround 500- 1000 so its bearly noticable. and you can blame it on bad aim ... for me its noticable at a + 2000 dpi on winndows ... maybe is has just something to do with the way processors are produced today ... i read an article a few years ago whre they said it isnt quite posible to produce error free cpus anymore because ... the very very tiny parts with 5nanometer and less dont know the name right now... are not always in line or are just defective.i bet someone else can tell that alot better... and i think there is some kind of span where its been sold like only 99,76%ok instead of 100% ok then tested if its working and then send away to the customers something like this

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 23 Feb 2024, 10:04

A small update: I've seen some INSANE improvement for 1-2 days when some tech guys came to fix our elevator & it's motor, VFD and w/e. Gameplay is still better than it was before that, even after 2-3 weeks, and I'm feeling slightly better too (less fatigued, less sleepy, more vigor etc).

I'm living on last but one floor, right below the tech floor for elevator, maybe it is the culprit of the issue. I'll ask our engineer and staff of our condo if they can fully fix it and maybe it'll help with EMI/RFI issue I'm experiencing (for fking two years ffs).

It's worth adding that "tech floor" is making some buzz or hum, so loud so I can literally hear that in my apartment, and elevator doors are sometimes faulty, not closing/opening correctly, everyone in house is complaining about that. So I have a legit reason to tell them to fix all that :D