My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
kriegsnake

Re: My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Post by kriegsnake » 28 Feb 2024, 12:52

lowel wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 10:21
Hello everyone! Its lowel again and i would like to explain to you a new solution that i found regarding the floaty/dsync/input lag of your pc.

As you may know, i had 2 years ago a problem related to input lag, to fix it what i had to do its changing the router and change the ethernet cable to a CAT8 as i explained on this post when i created it. The reason why i fix my floaty mouse at that time, its because firstable i had 600/600MB with Jazztel/orange, then they improved my internet to 1GB Symetric BUT without changing the router that i had on 600/600MB, i think the issue at that time, its because the router i had when i had 600/600, cant handle properly the 1GB Symetric so by changing the router to a better one that can handle the 1GB + Ethernet CAT8, it fixed my issue.

Okay, after this time, 4 months ago i bought a really good new computer for gaming (AMD 7800x3D, 3090 Trinity, DDR5 6200MHz, etc) from the very beginning i felt the game different, i thought it was normal because with this new PC i was playing at 700-900 fps on VALORANT, so i thought the feeling that i had it was because i was playing at this FPS. Anyway i was doubting if the feeling of the game was the right one, because i was dealing with a lot of ferrari peeks, people were swinging me and i couldnt even react to them, also when i was trying to micro adjust my crosshair, i was having this annoying floaty feeling, and it was super hard to aim, but not as obvious as the issue i had with the Router and the CAT8.

2 Months ago i went to Bootcamp with my team on their offices, and i noticed that the feeling that i had on those pcs, it was totally different that the one i had on my house, the PC's from the office it was responsive, you could feel the game more faster in a good way in terms of movement, aiming with the mouse, etc. After i went back home and i played few deathmatches, i could feel instant that something is off on this PC.

Because i didnt want to overthinking about electricity etc, I thought it was normal because on my PC i have way more FPS than the ones i had on the offices, so i thought that the feeling that i had on my pc it was because its so much better in terms of stability, fps, etc. 2 weeks ago i realized that i was totally wrong, something wrong is on my PC because i was getting a lot of dsync, cant react to people, floaty feeling mouse, etc. I didnt know what to do because i already checked everything on my PC. Bios, hardware, software, ram overclock, cpu overclock, ferrite cores, ethernet cat8 cable and all the things that people are saying on Blurbusters and on internet in general.

For few days i was thinking that its related to the electricity of my house because i dont know what else can i change on my PC, but since the beginning i really doubted that i was because the electricity, my house its "new" and i've never had any issues on my devices of my house due electricity.

So i started to look into how routers has a lot of impact on Gaming performance and i decided to join into my router and here is what i did to fix the issue with the floaty/dsync feeling on my PC.

I just want to clarify that this fix may not help everyone, everyone can have different problems and of course this may not be your solution, but for sure i would recommend everyone to test it and take a look and see if you feel any difference on your PC, especially if you already tried everything to fix and you have no idea how to fix the floaty feeling of your pc, because for me it worked and its still working for 2 days straight, which im super happy.

The things that i did:

1. Join to your router and disable/delete all the devices that were connected on your router and you are not using them anymore. Just keep the ones that you are using and delete all the devices that you are not using anymore or were connected in the past.
2. Go into UPnP or UPnP IGD and disable this option.
3. Go into your WiFi settings and activate the option 5GHz.
4. Try to have your Ethernet Cable on the Port1 of your router, and unplug if you have, all the ethernet cables that are not connected to any devices, on my router i had the Ethernet Cable of my brother and mine, but i also had 2 other ethernet cables for the TV and different cat8 which they were not connected, they were just connected into the router port, i unplug them anyways just in case.
5. Buy a new router focused on gaming or better quality, i didnt buy any router yet, but eventho i fixed my issue, im gonna buy a new router focused on gaming, because you need to keep on mind that ISP companies will send you the most trash router, which is focused to normal users, not focused on competitive esports. I need to look into what router to buy, but i was taking a look to buy FritzBox, they have integrated ONT, i will keep you updated once i have this and see if i feel anything different on the performance of my PC.

I'm aware that the solutions that i just explained, for me at least at the beginning, IT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE, but for some reason, it worked and it fixed my issue.

Why do i need to delete old devices from my router? They were disconnected and in theory they are not taking any internet, i read in a post that eventho you have disconnected devices, they are still taking resources of the router.

Why do i need to put WiFi at 5GHz if im playing on Ethernet CAT8? I have literally no clue

Why do i need to unplug 2 Ethernet Cables if they are not connected to anything? I have literally no clue

If im totally honest, i have no idea how this small details can affect that much to the performance of the game, its actually insane, any small detail can make your game worse, its really insane..

Also i really recommend you to take a look on this video, which it explains per example the UPnP option at 4:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnIgjyjEtc

Best of luck and i hope this will help you.

Christian
It's good that you are trying to update anything that seemed to help you, but for example in my case, even when I connect cat6 directly to my pc from isp's switch bypassing router, or connecting it through the router doesn't give a difference at all. But who knows, maybe it will help anyone.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 29 Feb 2024, 13:52

lowel wrote:
Hello everyone! Its lowel again and i would like to explain to you a new solution that i found regarding the floaty/dsync/input lag of your pc.

As you may know, i had 2 years ago a problem related to input lag, to fix it what i had to do its changing the router and change the ethernet cable to a CAT8 as i explained on this post when i created it. The reason why i fix my floaty mouse at that time, its because firstable i had 600/600MB with Jazztel/orange, then they improved my internet to 1GB Symetric BUT without changing the router that i had on 600/600MB, i think the issue at that time, its because the router i had when i had 600/600, cant handle properly the 1GB Symetric so by changing the router to a better one that can handle the 1GB + Ethernet CAT8, it fixed my issue.

Okay, after this time, 4 months ago i bought a really good new computer for gaming (AMD 7800x3D, 3090 Trinity, DDR5 6200MHz, etc) from the very beginning i felt the game different, i thought it was normal because with this new PC i was playing at 700-900 fps on VALORANT, so i thought the feeling that i had it was because i was playing at this FPS. Anyway i was doubting if the feeling of the game was the right one, because i was dealing with a lot of ferrari peeks, people were swinging me and i couldnt even react to them, also when i was trying to micro adjust my crosshair, i was having this annoying floaty feeling, and it was super hard to aim, but not as obvious as the issue i had with the Router and the CAT8.

2 Months ago i went to Bootcamp with my team on their offices, and i noticed that the feeling that i had on those pcs, it was totally different that the one i had on my house, the PC's from the office it was responsive, you could feel the game more faster in a good way in terms of movement, aiming with the mouse, etc. After i went back home and i played few deathmatches, i could feel instant that something is off on this PC.

Because i didnt want to overthinking about electricity etc, I thought it was normal because on my PC i have way more FPS than the ones i had on the offices, so i thought that the feeling that i had on my pc it was because its so much better in terms of stability, fps, etc. 2 weeks ago i realized that i was totally wrong, something wrong is on my PC because i was getting a lot of dsync, cant react to people, floaty feeling mouse, etc. I didnt know what to do because i already checked everything on my PC. Bios, hardware, software, ram overclock, cpu overclock, ferrite cores, ethernet cat8 cable and all the things that people are saying on Blurbusters and on internet in general.

For few days i was thinking that its related to the electricity of my house because i dont know what else can i change on my PC, but since the beginning i really doubted that i was because the electricity, my house its "new" and i've never had any issues on my devices of my house due electricity.

So i started to look into how routers has a lot of impact on Gaming performance and i decided to join into my router and here is what i did to fix the issue with the floaty/dsync feeling on my PC.

I just want to clarify that this fix may not help everyone, everyone can have different problems and of course this may not be your solution, but for sure i would recommend everyone to test it and take a look and see if you feel any difference on your PC, especially if you already tried everything to fix and you have no idea how to fix the floaty feeling of your pc, because for me it worked and its still working for 2 days straight, which im super happy.

The things that i did:

1. Join to your router and disable/delete all the devices that were connected on your router and you are not using them anymore. Just keep the ones that you are using and delete all the devices that you are not using anymore or were connected in the past.
4. Try to have your Ethernet Cable on the Port1 of your router, and unplug if you have, all the ethernet cables that are not connected to any devices, on my router i had the Ethernet Cable of my brother and mine, but i also had 2 other ethernet cables for the TV and different cat8 which they were not connected, they were just connected into the router port, i unplug them anyways just in case.
5. Buy a new router focused on gaming or better quality, i didnt buy any router yet, but eventho i fixed my issue, im gonna buy a new router focused on gaming, because you need to keep on mind that ISP companies will send you the most trash router, which is focused to normal users, not focused on competitive esports. I need to look into what router to buy, but i was taking a look to buy FritzBox, they have integrated ONT, i will keep you updated once i have this and see if i feel anything different on the performance of my PC.

I'm aware that the solutions that i just explained, for me at least at the beginning, IT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE, but for some reason, it worked and it fixed my issue.

Why do i need to delete old devices from my router? They were disconnected and in theory they are not taking any internet, i read in a post that eventho you have disconnected devices, they are still taking resources of the router.

Why do i need to put WiFi at 5GHz if im playing on Ethernet CAT8? I have literally no clue

Why do i need to unplug 2 Ethernet Cables if they are not connected to anything? I have literally no clue

If im totally honest, i have no idea how this small details can affect that much to the performance of the game, its actually insane, any small detail can make your game worse, its really insane..

Also i really recommend you to take a look on this video, which it explains per example the UPnP option at 4:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnIgjyjEtc

Christian
Glad that at least some of us are experiencing some improvements! Best of luck with the Fritz!box and keep us updated please.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

abdelkadr13

Post by abdelkadr13 » 24 Mar 2024, 10:48

lowel wrote:

The things that i did:

Christian
Which Router did you have before the Fritzbox? Maybe the Speedport Smart 4 from the telekom? The other devices connected to your router, where they also connected via cat 8 cable?
And any chance, you could test those PC's from the office to rule out, its your pc, thats causing this?