My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
MontyTheAverage

Re: My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Post by MontyTheAverage » 07 Jul 2022, 03:44

I tried it with a CAT 7 SFTP shield cable and did all the other suggestions best I could but didn't see much changes. Maybe the hitreg was better for a game or two but it went back to being crap with, mouse slowing down, desync, bad grainy shimmering graphics etc. Sad really every new promising fix I get excited to try but nothing ends up working to get rid of this hellhole.

Anyone else fix this issue with this sftp suggestion? Maybe I have to try the exact same cable you linked

lowel

Post by lowel » 07 Jul 2022, 03:54

MontyTheAverage wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 03:44
I tried it with a CAT 7 SFTP shield cable and did all the other suggestions best I could but didn't see much changes. Maybe the hitreg was better for a game or two but it went back to being crap with, mouse slowing down, desync, bad grainy shimmering graphics etc. Sad really every new promising fix I get excited to try but nothing ends up working to get rid of this hellhole.

Anyone else fix this issue with this sftp suggestion? Maybe I have to try the exact same cable you linked
Hello Monty, im sad that you still have this annoying issue, i totally feel you, i've been reading thousands and thousands of topics/fixes and i was so sad about this.

About the SFTP Cable, try this link. https://www.amazon.es/DDMALL-Ethernet-v ... th=1&psc=1 if you have the same issue, the brand name is DDMALL.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 07 Jul 2022, 04:44

lowel wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 03:54
MontyTheAverage wrote:

Hello Monty, im sad that you still have this annoying issue, i totally feel you, i've been reading thousands and thousands of topics/fixes and i was so sad about this.

About the SFTP Cable, try this link. https://www.amazon.es/DDMALL-Ethernet-v ... th=1&psc=1 if you have the same issue, the brand name is DDMALL.
Thanks I will order the American version of that.

I know that feeling but I know it would suck even more for you as a pro player never solving these crazy issues where nothing seems to fix it. I have been trying to troubleshoot this for almost year and a half now. Don't know how much I wasted testing all different solutions or spent in game testing them out. But still hoping for a fix one day.

lowel

Post by lowel » 07 Jul 2022, 05:14

MontyTheAverage wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 04:44
lowel wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 03:54
MontyTheAverage wrote:

Thanks I will order the American version of that.

I know that feeling but I know it would suck even more for you as a pro player never solving these crazy issues where nothing seems to fix it. I have been trying to troubleshoot this for almost year and a half now. Don't know how much I wasted testing all different solutions or spent in game testing them out. But still hoping for a fix one day.
Yes bro, since i moved to my new home, i was playing like this every pracctice/official game, so i was playing with high handicap... what i was using and it helped me a little bit it was ISLC, but i always knew myself that something was wrong and i had input lag. Keep me updated and i hope the new Ethernet cable you ordered fix your input lag finally bro!

mybad

Post by mybad » 07 Jul 2022, 05:43

Why do you still waste money on Ethernet cables if you believe in the EMI problem?
You can "fix" that one time and forever, just by buying a PCI card with an optic SFP+ connection, today is very cheap:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11278893635 ... ctupt=true

Everyone knows optics do not affect the EMI effect at all.

This provides you perfect experience, first of all, you will finally understand, a problem not in EMI.
I really wanna help to everyone, and try to save your time and money, probably after that you will spend your time and energy in the right direction.

Slender

Post by Slender » 07 Jul 2022, 05:45

but what about the cable that goes to the router?

lowel

Post by lowel » 07 Jul 2022, 06:20

mybad wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 01:49
While people with optic fibre connection have an "input lag" problem, all ethernet cable fix is useless.
I have Optic Fibre 1GB Symetric and no, is not useless, because the fix im explaining was the solution for me. So, if is useless, why it got fixed? :cry:

If you read my post, i explain why this is happening, if you have UTP Ethernet Cable, that Cable doesnt have any shielding to interferences that any display/cable might do to your cable, doesnt matter if you have ADSL/FIBER/WHATEVER, one thing is the cable, and other thing is the internet that is going THROUGHT that cable. If you buy an SFTP Cable, you have the shielding and protection to that interferences. I also explained that the issue that some people might have, can be different to the issue that i had and of course it might not be a solution for them. But please, dont say that its useless because is not

lowel

Post by lowel » 07 Jul 2022, 06:22

Slender wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 05:45
Hello Slender, what do you mean exactly? The cable that is going to the router its supposed to be the Ethernet cable that is plug in into your PC so you have internet

Slender

Post by Slender » 07 Jul 2022, 07:10

lowel wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 06:22
Slender wrote:
Hello Slender, what do you mean exactly? The cable that is going to the router its supposed to be the Ethernet cable that is plug in into your PC so you have internet
I mean that the cable that goes to the router that gives the Internet. Could there be a problem with it? Should it be changed too? Or is it enough to change the cable that goes from the router to the PC?

lowel

Post by lowel » 07 Jul 2022, 07:42

Slender wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 07:10
lowel wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 06:22
Slender wrote:
I mean that the cable that goes to the router that gives the Internet. Could there be a problem with it? Should it be changed too? Or is it enough to change the cable that goes from the router to the PC?
Hello Slender! Now i understand what you mean, i think that cable which gives you internet, you dont need to change it because that cable doesnt go to your PC and cause input lag (maybe im wrong, because every small detail can change evereything, but i doubt it so much) so in my humble opinion, i think just changing the Ethernet cable, should be enough, you dont need to touch that cable, atleast i didnt do it.