My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
tinkiy4333

Re: My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Post by tinkiy4333 » 07 Jul 2022, 12:18

hi lowel. really nice to see u here. i have the same problem, when i disconnect ethernet from pc my mouse becomes responsive. thanks for that advice. I have long thought to buy cat8, but it seemed to me that it would be a waste of money. but after your advice i will try this. I have one more question, can the router affect hitreg and responsiveness of the mouse? does it make sense to buy a gaming router? Now I have a regular router for $60. I thought about it, but I think it might be a waste of money

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 07 Jul 2022, 13:10

tinkiy4333 wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 12:18
hi lowel. really nice to see u here. i have the same problem, when i disconnect ethernet from pc my mouse becomes responsive. thanks for that advice. I have long thought to buy cat8, but it seemed to me that it would be a waste of money. but after your advice i will try this. I have one more question, can the router affect hitreg and responsiveness of the mouse? does it make sense to buy a gaming router? Now I have a regular router for $60. I thought about it, but I think it might be a waste of money
I don't know if your first language is English but the part about the mouse doesn't make sense to me. Unless you have bad ping jitter & packet loss it shouldn't interfere with your game enough to cause issues with the engine making your input lag. If disconnecting your cable from your PC results in better mouse input consider updating your internet driver, downgrading it, or all together replacing it with a PCIE network card like an i210-T1 from amazon (shipped by intel not other fake ones).

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 07 Jul 2022, 14:39

Just clarifying. Is this the cable you replaced with the SFTP Cable? Or did you replace all 3 of them?
Attachments
Ethernet Paint.png
Ethernet Paint.png (41.91 KiB) Viewed 5465 times

lowel

Post by lowel » 07 Jul 2022, 14:56

tinkiy4333 wrote:
Hello tinkiy, if your mouse is responsive when you unplug your Ethernet Cable, you might have the same issue as me, so maybe is worth it to try to get an SFTP Cable and see if it gets fixed bro!.

About the gaming router i dont have any idea about that, i saw some videos/forums that maybe doing some settings with TCP Optimizer and QoS inside the router (i might be wrong since im a noob on routers) you can get better "quality" about your internet. But i dont think is gonna improve your hitreg and responsiveness of the mouse.

Hope you can fix your issue
Shade7 wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 14:39
Just clarifying. Is this the cable you replaced with the SFTP Cable? Or did you replace all 3 of them?
Hello Shade7, i replaced the whole Ethernet Cable, before it was going throught a switch, and from the switch to my PC to the 3rd floor. So what i did its just plug the Ethernet Cable from the Router directly to the PC without any switch.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 07 Jul 2022, 15:04

lowel wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 14:56
tinkiy4333 wrote:
Hello tinkiy, if your mouse is responsive when you unplug your Ethernet Cable, you might have the same issue as me, so maybe is worth it to try to get an SFTP Cable and see if it gets fixed bro!.

About the gaming router i dont have any idea about that, i saw some videos/forums that maybe doing some settings with TCP Optimizer and QoS inside the router (i might be wrong since im a noob on routers) you can get better "quality" about your internet. But i dont think is gonna improve your hitreg and responsiveness of the mouse.

Shade7 wrote:
Hello Shade7, i replaced the whole Ethernet Cable, before it was going throught a switch, and from the switch to my PC to the 3rd floor. So what i did its just plug the Ethernet Cable from the Router directly to the PC without any switch.
Oh, so one very long cable. KK

Do you think it is the new cable that made the difference- or the fact that you bypassed the switch.

lowel

Post by lowel » 07 Jul 2022, 16:08

Shade7 wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 15:04
lowel wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 14:56
tinkiy4333 wrote:

Shade7 wrote:
Oh, so one very long cable. KK

Do you think it is the new cable that made the difference- or the fact that you bypassed the switch.
Hello Shade7! Im not sure about this, i think both things were important to fix this issue

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 07 Jul 2022, 19:56

Lowel- just double checking.

Your new cable routing (from Router to PC)- it doesn't go anywhere near the light cables correct? Or is it still routed alongside them?

lowel

Post by lowel » 08 Jul 2022, 03:31

NOH wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 16:58
Hi lowel too bad u dont play cs anymore =D/ Anyway how does your brothers pc work? i assume it doesnt have the same cat8 cable ? did you try to play on his?
I also wanted to ask how are the lan pc's in different tournaments. do you ever notice that its not the same or has it always been consistenly smooth and fixed for you in all the lan tournaments and bootcamps? Im curious cause it seems not many pro players bump into this very annoying issue.
Hello NOH! My brother doesnt play because he is working, he doesnt care that much about that right now, maybe in the future he will change it.

About the tournaments, it was consistent but just on tier1 tournaments, there were great admins who did things really good in every aspect, in other tournaments/bootcamps, i had some issues but most of them were fine as well.
Shade7 wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 19:56
Lowel- just double checking.

Your new cable routing (from Router to PC)- it doesn't go anywhere near the light cables correct? Or is it still routed alongside them?
Hello Shade! Right now the cable is on the middle of the stairs/house, so there is no light cables close to it. My next step its just put the Ethernet Cable throught the wall going to the 3rd floor because i dont like it to be in the middle of everything. In theory this SFTP Ethernet Cable has shielding even if its close to the Light Cables, but to be honest, i dont want to take any risk since i fixed it, so i will put the SFTP Cable through the wall towards the 3rd floor but without any light cables or something similar close to the SFTP Cable, so nothing is causing issues.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 08 Jul 2022, 05:10

Hey man, thanks for posting this. i definitly goona try that one out, it cant get worser even better

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 08 Jul 2022, 15:23

Do you have cheap Chinese LED lights in your home?