My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
InputLagger

Re: My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Post by InputLagger » 12 Oct 2022, 19:08

mago wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 01:47
right forgot about that grounding for small items mostly unneeded

BTW can hrPING tell if i got disturbance in my house, causing the lag ?

Code: Select all

This is hrPING v5.07.1148 by cFos Software GmbH -- http://www.cfos.de

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=0c1f
Pinging 192.168.1.1 [192.168.1.1]
with 128 bytes data (156 bytes IP):

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.012065 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.297 / 0.552 / 0.923 / 0.130
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=77.070, rcvd=77.070

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=640f

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.013616 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.258 / 0.544 / 0.949 / 0.142
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.952, rcvd=76.952

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=e81b

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.013627 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.256 / 0.542 / 1.436 / 0.187
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.951, rcvd=76.951

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=a80d

Timeout waiting for seq=002f
Timeout waiting for seq=0030
Timeout waiting for seq=0031
Timeout waiting for seq=0032
Timeout waiting for seq=0033
Timeout waiting for seq=0034
Timeout waiting for seq=0035
Timeout waiting for seq=0036

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=492, error=0, lost=8 (1.6% loss) in 1.013431 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.302 / 0.618 / 1.648 / 0.219
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.966, rcvd=75.734

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=a808

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.013532 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.304 / 0.602 / 1.535 / 0.206
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.958, rcvd=76.958
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.297 / 0.552 / 0.923 / 0.130

avg-dev-min
0.552-0.13 = 0.422-0.297

avg+dev-max
0.552 + 0.13 = 0.682-0.923 = 0.241
almost twice

not Normal distribution
If you are talking about games inputlag - they do use UDP protocol, not ICMP (like you tested above). You can test UDP packets via iperf program (local) using public iperf servers in various countries

Akdemon47

Post by Akdemon47 » 12 Dec 2022, 05:17

Did you guyz come to any conclusions?
Tired of fixing it I tried everything above couldn't solve it

R1verflower

Post by R1verflower » 13 Jun 2023, 01:12

I have the same problem as you,
and I tackle it by following steps:
1.Buy Ethernet Cable CAT8
2.reset the network after plugging in CAT8.

Thank you for your suggestions for changing the network cable.

akylen

Post by akylen » 13 Jun 2023, 23:21

it would be nice to hear from lowel to know what's been going on all this time.

eropsy

Post by eropsy » 14 Jun 2023, 02:25

Damn i never thought that ethernet cable might cause emi, mouse lag and other things, i inspected my ethernet cables and turns out they are cat5e utp(unshielded), looking forward to get atleast sftp cat6

rembrandttt

Post by rembrandttt » 21 Jun 2023, 09:21

lowel wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 08:00
Hello everyone! My name is Christian im 25 years old, my nickname as a professional CSGO/Valorant player is lowel and i've been playing/competing since i was 11 years old! I also played multiple online/lan tournaments during my career on CSGO, now im playing on Valorant.

The reason why i created this post its because i've been having some issues with input lag during the last 4 months since i moved to my actual appartment, and i actually fixed it and im gonna explain in this post how i did it, and maybe it can help some people which i know a lot of people have it.

Im a person who can feel every single small detail in terms of mouse feeling/delay/input lag. Since i played in a lot of different setups during this 14 years that i've been playing and i know how the game must feel correctly with no issues,
during this 4 months i've been experiencing like some "acceleration" / "input lag" on my mouse, the feeling of the mouse when i was flicking or trying to aim to people, it was like "floaty" feeling, kinda the same when you have acceleration from windows on. (of course i disabled this option)

Well, during this 4 months since i moved to my new house, i've been reading literally the whole internet finding for a solution, reddit, tom's hardware and multiple websites with people who had the same issue as me, or at least, the same feeling with the issue with the mouse, i tried everything. Windows tweaks, BIOS Settings, different mices, nvidia drivers, nvidia settings, monitor, DisplayPort, USB, Different windows, Bought Ferrite cables and Power Supply, etc.

(The reason why i bought a Power Supply and Ferrite Cables, it was because i read some post saying that this issue with the input lag, it might be because some EMI (Electromagnetic Interferences) or something related to the grounding/electricity of the house, and yes, this can cause input lag issues)

Here is the thing, i was playing aim_botz on CS:GO and it was bad like always, then suddendly i thought about removing my Ethernet Cable and play without internet, well, at the beginning the feeling of the mouse it was better, and after 1-2 minutes playing aim_botz, the feeling of the mouse it was completely perfect, really responsive without that floaty feeling when you stop the crosshair to shoot, or when you want to flick.

Im gonna try to explain why this is happening, in my case, i was playing with an UTP CAT5 Ethernet Cable, my router is on the living room (because the box of the fiber is there and we can't change it) and my setup where im playing, is on the 3rd floor (i live in a pretty big house) so, the route of my Ethernet cable was like this, Router -> switch (both in living room) -> PC, from the switch all the way up to the 3rd floor where my PC is so the Ethernet Cable is not in the middle of the my house, stairs, etc. (something like this https://imgur.com/VhlxAAS) Sorry, im a really bad paint player xD

My switch was inside a box which everyhouse has, that inside that box, every light cable from the house is there, it looks something like this (https://indunova.es/wp-content/uploads/ ... icos-6.jpg) inside it was the switch and some tubes that are going inside the wall to the 2nd/3rd floor, and my Ethernet cable was inside those tubes going to my room.

------ HERE IS THE REASON WHY I WAS HAVING INPUT LAG ------

Basically the light cables (maybe also the switch) inside that box where my Ethernet cable was going through, was causing interferences into the Ethernet Cable CAT5 and thats the reason why i had the input lag, i just bought an Ethernet CAT8 SFTP Cable and it got fixed (https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08749 ... UTF8&psc=1) and im gonna explain why this is happening.

https://cdn.computerhoy.com/sites/navi. ... k=PKTDvJqE

If you open the picture i post above, you can see clearly that the UTP Cable compared to the other ones (FTP, STP, SFTP) it doesnt have any shielding around the cables, and THATS WHY any CABLE/DISPLAY you have around your PC/Ethernet Cable, can cause this kind of inputlag/issues (interferences) in your computer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Buy an SFTP Ethernet Cable so any interferences that any display/cable from your house, is not gonna affect you (in theory this cable has protection against interferences, but anyways, i would try to put the Ethernet cable far away to any light cables or whatever, just in case)

2. Be aware that light cables or any other display, may cause you interferences and maybe causing you some other issues, if your Ethernet cable is not as good as an SFTP Ethernet Cable

3. Im aware that this solution is not 100% for everyone! but for me, since i tried everything possible in this world, it was the solution, but maybe you have a different issue.

4. I tried my best to explain my experience and im pretty sure i missed some stuff since english is not my mother lenguage, i apologize.

FUN FACT: My best friend which is working in a company where they put internet/cameras/light into Schools and other big places, had the same issue but with surveillance cameras, here is what happened, a friend of him installed an UTP Ethernet Cable throught the place, and because of this, the surveillance cameras was having interferences constantly, because it was UTP, and every other cables around that, was causing interferences into the cameras. (Black Screens, Screen blinking, picture black/white, more issues) they put a better cable with shielding and protection to this interferences, and it got fixed.

I hope guys this can help you to fix the issue, as i said, i've been reading a lot of websites, reading about this issue about 7-8 hours a day to fix it, and i didnt see anything about Ethernet Cables, thats why i decided to create this post and explain my experience so it can maybe help some of you guys <3.

If you have some experiences, im able to talk on my twitter -> lowelcs - but it would be nice if you guys can talk through here so everyone who needs help, is aware about everything.

Have a great day, Christian
Just bought the cable and it's 100% lowered my input lag, I still don't know how Ethernet cable can cause input lag it's crazy. Thank you so much lowel you helped me finally after 3 years with this input lag. sorry for my bad english

eropsy

Post by eropsy » 22 Jun 2023, 13:44

for me swapping utp cat5 for sftp cat6 sadly didn't make any difference..

inputLagger123

Post by inputLagger123 » 24 Aug 2023, 09:06

I had this problem for 3 years.
-Go to apps and features
-Search for Realtek audio driver
-Uninstall it
Boom my shit was fixed and I can aim again

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 24 Aug 2023, 18:01

inputLagger123 wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 09:06
I had this problem for 3 years.
-Go to apps and features
-Search for Realtek audio driver
-Uninstall it
Boom my shit was fixed and I can aim again
Mo fix for me this

lowel

Post by lowel » 28 Feb 2024, 10:21

Hello everyone! Its lowel again and i would like to explain to you a new solution that i found regarding the floaty/dsync/input lag of your pc.

As you may know, i had 2 years ago a problem related to input lag, to fix it what i had to do its changing the router and change the ethernet cable to a CAT8 as i explained on this post when i created it. The reason why i fix my floaty mouse at that time, its because firstable i had 600/600MB with Jazztel/orange, then they improved my internet to 1GB Symetric BUT without changing the router that i had on 600/600MB, i think the issue at that time, its because the router i had when i had 600/600, cant handle properly the 1GB Symetric so by changing the router to a better one that can handle the 1GB + Ethernet CAT8, it fixed my issue.

Okay, after this time, 4 months ago i bought a really good new computer for gaming (AMD 7800x3D, 3090 Trinity, DDR5 6200MHz, etc) from the very beginning i felt the game different, i thought it was normal because with this new PC i was playing at 700-900 fps on VALORANT, so i thought the feeling that i had it was because i was playing at this FPS. Anyway i was doubting if the feeling of the game was the right one, because i was dealing with a lot of ferrari peeks, people were swinging me and i couldnt even react to them, also when i was trying to micro adjust my crosshair, i was having this annoying floaty feeling, and it was super hard to aim, but not as obvious as the issue i had with the Router and the CAT8.

2 Months ago i went to Bootcamp with my team on their offices, and i noticed that the feeling that i had on those pcs, it was totally different that the one i had on my house, the PC's from the office it was responsive, you could feel the game more faster in a good way in terms of movement, aiming with the mouse, etc. After i went back home and i played few deathmatches, i could feel instant that something is off on this PC.

Because i didnt want to overthinking about electricity etc, I thought it was normal because on my PC i have way more FPS than the ones i had on the offices, so i thought that the feeling that i had on my pc it was because its so much better in terms of stability, fps, etc. 2 weeks ago i realized that i was totally wrong, something wrong is on my PC because i was getting a lot of dsync, cant react to people, floaty feeling mouse, etc. I didnt know what to do because i already checked everything on my PC. Bios, hardware, software, ram overclock, cpu overclock, ferrite cores, ethernet cat8 cable and all the things that people are saying on Blurbusters and on internet in general.

For few days i was thinking that its related to the electricity of my house because i dont know what else can i change on my PC, but since the beginning i really doubted that i was because the electricity, my house its "new" and i've never had any issues on my devices of my house due electricity.

So i started to look into how routers has a lot of impact on Gaming performance and i decided to join into my router and here is what i did to fix the issue with the floaty/dsync feeling on my PC.

I just want to clarify that this fix may not help everyone, everyone can have different problems and of course this may not be your solution, but for sure i would recommend everyone to test it and take a look and see if you feel any difference on your PC, especially if you already tried everything to fix and you have no idea how to fix the floaty feeling of your pc, because for me it worked and its still working for 2 days straight, which im super happy.

The things that i did:

1. Join to your router and disable/delete all the devices that were connected on your router and you are not using them anymore. Just keep the ones that you are using and delete all the devices that you are not using anymore or were connected in the past.
2. Go into UPnP or UPnP IGD and disable this option.
3. Go into your WiFi settings and activate the option 5GHz.
4. Try to have your Ethernet Cable on the Port1 of your router, and unplug if you have, all the ethernet cables that are not connected to any devices, on my router i had the Ethernet Cable of my brother and mine, but i also had 2 other ethernet cables for the TV and different cat8 which they were not connected, they were just connected into the router port, i unplug them anyways just in case.
5. Buy a new router focused on gaming or better quality, i didnt buy any router yet, but eventho i fixed my issue, im gonna buy a new router focused on gaming, because you need to keep on mind that ISP companies will send you the most trash router, which is focused to normal users, not focused on competitive esports. I need to look into what router to buy, but i was taking a look to buy FritzBox, they have integrated ONT, i will keep you updated once i have this and see if i feel anything different on the performance of my PC.

I'm aware that the solutions that i just explained, for me at least at the beginning, IT DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE, but for some reason, it worked and it fixed my issue.

Why do i need to delete old devices from my router? They were disconnected and in theory they are not taking any internet, i read in a post that eventho you have disconnected devices, they are still taking resources of the router.

Why do i need to put WiFi at 5GHz if im playing on Ethernet CAT8? I have literally no clue

Why do i need to unplug 2 Ethernet Cables if they are not connected to anything? I have literally no clue

If im totally honest, i have no idea how this small details can affect that much to the performance of the game, its actually insane, any small detail can make your game worse, its really insane..

Also i really recommend you to take a look on this video, which it explains per example the UPnP option at 4:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJnIgjyjEtc

Best of luck and i hope this will help you.

Christian