My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
DPRTMELR

Re: My solution for input lag mice issues, this might help some of you!

Post by DPRTMELR » 15 Jul 2022, 14:54

how the hell can different cable solve the issue with spikes?
and if its solved, what was the reason they where present?
honestly i dont understand :)
I had old one that would cause lag from cable(it would go away if I pressed down on it lol). it's after i've abused it for years of stepping over, over on my chair, rolling it up into a spool etc. yours probably just worn out over age (or just cheap made in the first place) afaik they are all coppper inside with gold plated endings so it's just avoid the cheapest one and you are good.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Risedo

Post by Risedo » 15 Aug 2022, 06:51

lowel wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 08:00
Hi
Maybe the Cat8 SFTP have ground wire and your PC too ?

lowel

Post by lowel » 10 Sep 2022, 17:55

Hello guys! I just wanted to update this post because i have some info that it might help some of you.

Basically after i changed my CAT5 for my CAT8, it got an improvement but after keep playing, the issue i had with the input lag it was still there (not as bad as with CAT5), the feeling that i had, it was not just the mouse, it was the game also, the way how the enemies were moving it was not responsive like a floaty feeling, same when aiming with my mouse. I tried to play offline + 4G and the issue was fixed.

As soon as i dont have internet or i connect to my 4G (different internet) the issue was gone, the mouse and game felt responsive how it should be. So 100% is not my computer, also is not EMI/electricity, because during the last 6 months i did everything i could on my computer to fix this.

What i did to fix it is having the router close to the PC with an CAT8 Cable and changed the old router for a new one, this new router is way better and powerful in general compared to the old one. Since i did all of this today, everything feels great so far, i've been playing some CSGO/Valorant deathmatchs, and the improvement of the game its like a new game, i hope it stays like this forever. :cry: :cry:

Reccaping a little bit, im gonna post here the things i recommend you guys to do that worked for me, and i hope same for you.

1. Buy Ethernet Cable CAT8
2. Having the router close to you
3. Change the router for a better one
4. Install every chipset of your MOBO/CPU. I have Intel and having Intel Management Interface is super important, I had issue with my mouse for a really long time because that driver 3 years ago, when i play with Intel thats one first things i always do, same as others chipsets that you might need when you go into your MOBO website. (floaty mouse feeling constantly)

Things i tried to fix this which didnt work for me. Of course the things im gonna post below it might be the solution for some since our issue might be different.

1. New PC
2. BIOS Settings (Voltages, Overclock, Spread Spectrum, etc, etc)
3. Update BIOS
4. Tweaks Windows
5. Different Windows
6. Different DisplayPort, Bought SAI L-Link, Ferrite Cores, Different Monitor, Mouse
7. Checked RAM
8. Installing different NVIDIA DRIVERS, also installed in a good way with DDU, etc.
9. Differents wall outlets on my house + SAI.
10. Power Plans on windows (also customs)
11. Disabling everything like disable full screen optimizations and this kind of things (like xbox, secundary apps, etc.) Disabling xbox, secundary apps and this kind of things, is more related to have more fps i think, but not related to the actuall issue.
12. Playing on my brothers PC and same issue

And im 100% sure i tried a few more things but right now i dont remember (xD), hope it helps to some of you guys. Have a good night

SeekNDstroy

Post by SeekNDstroy » 11 Sep 2022, 04:07

lowel wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:55
Hello guys! I just wanted to update this post because i have some info that it might help some of you.

Basically after i changed my CAT5 for my CAT8, it got an improvement but after keep playing, the issue i had with the input lag it was still there (not as bad as with CAT5), the feeling that i had, it was not just the mouse, it was the game also, the way how the enemies were moving it was not responsive like a floaty feeling, same when aiming with my mouse. I tried to play offline + 4G and the issue was fixed.

As soon as i dont have internet or i connect to my 4G (different internet) the issue was gone, the mouse and game felt responsive how it should be. So 100% is not my computer, also is not EMI/electricity, because during the last 6 months i did everything i could on my computer to fix this.

What i did to fix it is having the router close to the PC with an CAT8 Cable and changed the old router for a new one, this new router is way better and powerful in general compared to the old one. Since i did all of this today, everything feels great so far, i've been playing some CSGO/Valorant deathmatchs, and the improvement of the game its like a new game, i hope it stays like this forever. :cry: :cry:

Reccaping a little bit, im gonna post here the things i recommend you guys to do that worked for me, and i hope same for you.

4. Install every chipset of your MOBO/CPU. I have Intel and having Intel Management Interface is super important, I had issue with my mouse for a really long time because that driver 3 years ago, when i play with Intel thats one first things i always do, same as others chipsets that you might need when you go into your MOBO website. (floaty mouse feeling constantly)

Things i tried to fix this which didnt work for me. Of course the things im gonna post below it might be the solution for some since our issue might be different.

1. New PC
3. Update BIOS
4. Tweaks Windows
5. Different Windows
6. Different DisplayPort, Bought SAI L-Link, Ferrite Cores, Different Monitor, Mouse
7. Checked RAM
8. Installing different NVIDIA DRIVERS, also installed in a good way with DDU, etc.
11. Disabling everything like disable full screen optimizations and this kind of things (like xbox, secundary apps, etc.) Disabling xbox, secundary apps and this kind of things, is more related to have more fps i think, but not related to the actuall issue.

And im 100% sure i tried a few more things but right now i dont remember (xD), hope it helps to some of you guys. Have a good night
For your number 4 point-
-
Did you tried without installing intel chipset drivers?
Idk, but for me installing intel sata driver, intel management, intel i/o driver slightly increases latencymon dpc for me. Also feel slightly more input lag than without installing those drivers. For now im skipping those drivers. But you know, input lag is a thing which will never eliminate & always come back. :(

mago

Post by mago » 11 Sep 2022, 05:43

lowel wrote:
router
try give it same power/outlet that the pc getting
mb there grounding diff
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

lowel

Post by lowel » 11 Sep 2022, 06:38

SeekNDstroy wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 04:07
lowel wrote:

1. New PC
3. Update BIOS
4. Tweaks Windows
5. Different Windows
7. Checked RAM

For your number 4 point-
-
Did you tried without installing intel chipset drivers?
Idk, but for me installing intel sata driver, intel management, intel i/o driver slightly increases latencymon dpc for me. Also feel slightly more input lag than without installing those drivers. For now im skipping those drivers. But you know, input lag is a thing which will never eliminate & always come back. :(
Hey, when i had i9-9900K i had to install this driver no matter what, right now with the 12900KS seems like i dont need it since i didnt feel anything, but as i said i always install this because the issue i had years ago with this driver just in case.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 12 Sep 2022, 23:10

mago wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 05:43
lowel wrote:
router
try give it same power/outlet that the pc getting
mb there grounding diff
Most router power supplies only have live and neutral lines, and most of them don't even have grounded RJ-45 ports, specially the 1gb ethernet ones or the ones that are generally supplied by the ISP. My router takes the same electricity as the PC, the monitor and the modem. It also has grounded RJ-45s and it is not cheap. I paid close to $80 for a 4-port no-wifi router from Mikrotik.

Not a single modem or router that I have received from the ISPs that I've tried had a grounded RJ-45 or power supply. Even if you I get the best router and have a ground link established between it and my PC, it'll still lack the ground link between router and the modem.

lowel wrote:
I've been down that path before mate, sorry but it did not help.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Tuhin Lavania

Post by Tuhin Lavania » 12 Sep 2022, 23:17

To me, router made no difference. I've tested ISP provided router and my own router which is good enough ( Asus RT AC58U ) and it made no difference in connection or gameplay or input lag.

mago

Post by mago » 13 Sep 2022, 01:47

right forgot about that grounding for small items mostly unneeded

BTW can hrPING tell if i got disturbance in my house, causing the lag ?

Code: Select all

This is hrPING v5.07.1148 by cFos Software GmbH -- http://www.cfos.de

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=0c1f
Pinging 192.168.1.1 [192.168.1.1]
with 128 bytes data (156 bytes IP):

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.012065 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.297 / 0.552 / 0.923 / 0.130
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=77.070, rcvd=77.070

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=640f

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.013616 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.258 / 0.544 / 0.949 / 0.142
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.952, rcvd=76.952

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=e81b

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.013627 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.256 / 0.542 / 1.436 / 0.187
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.951, rcvd=76.951

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=a80d

Timeout waiting for seq=002f
Timeout waiting for seq=0030
Timeout waiting for seq=0031
Timeout waiting for seq=0032
Timeout waiting for seq=0033
Timeout waiting for seq=0034
Timeout waiting for seq=0035
Timeout waiting for seq=0036

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=492, error=0, lost=8 (1.6% loss) in 1.013431 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.302 / 0.618 / 1.648 / 0.219
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.966, rcvd=75.734

Source address is 192.168.1.14; using ICMP echo-request, ID=a808

Packets: sent=500, rcvd=500, error=0, lost=0 (0.0% loss) in 1.013532 sec
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.304 / 0.602 / 1.535 / 0.206
Bandwidth in kbytes/sec: sent=76.958, rcvd=76.958
RTTs in ms: min/avg/max/dev: 0.297 / 0.552 / 0.923 / 0.130

avg-dev-min
0.552-0.13 = 0.422-0.297

avg+dev-max
0.552 + 0.13 = 0.682-0.923 = 0.241
almost twice

not Normal distribution
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

g00d8y3

Post by g00d8y3 » 05 Oct 2022, 21:45

lowel wrote:

1. New PC
3. Update BIOS
4. Tweaks Windows
5. Different Windows
7. Checked RAM

Why you didnt try something around electricity? Try to play on fuel generator or solar generator. You played on professional arena are they using like these devices? Did u try to tweak your pc to tweaker like guy who know to secrets?