Has anyone tried getting their PC optimized by so called expert?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
omusubi0216

Has anyone tried getting their PC optimized by so called expert?

Post by omusubi0216 » 17 Jul 2022, 18:53

I see some CSGO pros recommending those conputer experts who "optimize" their computer with a charge, and many are reporting positive results.
But I honestly don't have much hope that they will fix my input lag issue since most pros barely have any clue about computer and they are probably missing out some of basic settings.
If anyone have asked those people for help, I would love you to share your experience.

DPRTMELR

Re: Has anyone tried getting their PC optimized by so called expert?

Post by DPRTMELR » 17 Jul 2022, 20:26

omusubi0216 wrote:
17 Jul 2022, 18:53
I see some CSGO pros recommending those conputer experts who "optimize" their computer with a charge, and many are reporting positive results.
But I honestly don't have much hope that they will fix my input lag issue since most pros barely have any clue about computer and they are probably missing out some of basic settings.
If anyone have asked those people for help, I would love you to share your experience.
I've contacted some engineer fella on a csgo forum who's been heping people out free(I think I got him some skins because of the very specific questions I had for him that I couldn't find elsewhere and made him look up some things regarding recieved side scalings). After seeing my latencymon he only recommended msi mode and hpet (this was back in windows 7) and then not much else other than updating drivers and keeping background process/devices in check etc., on the basis that the end user doesn't know jack about how windows kernel does anything and that's before game developers do their magic with directx on top (just jibberish that I could recall from him). I guess engineers be boring like that.

Msi mode is set by default on recent drivers so that's that. Anything beyond would be entering the rabbit hole according to any sane person.

That was just my case though. Now as you can see that person had no intention of harming me in anyway(never recieved any files from him, never asked for payments for information). You can't be so sure about the guy you will be contacting for help.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

MT_

Post by MT_ » 21 Jul 2022, 05:40

The best optimization is your own. These guys just change random settings and tell you it's better because a graph allegedly shows you a few % deviation from the former test without any other proof or valid sample size.

Logical procedure for a perfectly optimized, low-latency / jitter experience:

1. Build decent PC, don't focus on pure throughput but on latency as well. (i.e. fastest SSD != best SSD)
- Keep this methodology in mind even when you put the system together. Components vs CPU/PCH lanes, physical distance etc.
2. Modify BIOS image and unlock/unhide all possible options. (Might be good to check beforehand when buying pc components to see if someone already has a bios modded for that particular mobo)
3. Optimize BIOS settings. (Focus on latency-biased rather than max throughput). You'll need quite some knowledge to actually do this right. General rule is; If you are not sure about a setting, just leave it untouched.
- Disable power savings which aren't worth it on desktop. (CPU software controlled / on-demand).
- Disable optimizations which might not actually optimize anything.
- Eliminate hardware devices or other functionalities which are not going to be used. (Reduce interference, complications, complexity)
4. Install fresh Windows based on these settings. (Preferably something like 21H2 LTSC).
5. Use a script to configure Windows (For inspiration see my signature). Don't bother with most low-level tweaks because 9 out of 10 times it makes results worse.
6. External software to control hardware; I use an AHK script to auto detect full screen games, and subsequently put my CPU and GPU clocks to max, even if the game doesn't fully saturate them.

Result.
LTSC 21H2 Post-install Script
https://github.com/Marctraider/LiveScript-LTSC-21H2

System: MSI Z390 MEG Ace - 2080 Super (300W mod) - 9900K 5GHz Fixed Core (De-lid) - 32GB DDR3-3733-CL18 - Xonar Essence STX II

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 28 Jul 2022, 14:52

Yes I have tried a famous csgo tweak guy on twitter who fix pro players pc and improve it. All pros say pay him to optimise your pc. He did some stuff I didn’t know about which looked cool but
Guess what, it never fixed my input lag lol.