power saving settings in windows 10

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
TYT

Re: power saving settings in windows 10

Post by TYT » 02 Aug 2022, 09:11

part 2 after that go to program settings then Click add after that Click Browse then go to C:\Windows scroll down open explorer go to power management mode change it to prefer maximum performance do the same go to add then Browse C:\Windows\System32 then type
dwm.exe open it go to power management mode change it to prefer maximum performance your done 😄
Attachments
program settings.png
program settings.png (36.93 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
explorer.png
explorer.png (50.8 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
dwm.png
dwm.png (47.77 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
240Hz Omen X 25f nvidia 1660 super razer huntsman TE Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT razer viper 8k

empleat

Post by empleat » 02 Aug 2022, 09:43

TYT wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 10:16
how to disable CoalesecingTimerinterval open regedit type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power create a DWORD name it CoalesecingTimerinterval change the namber to 0
What are possible values to this, couldn't find exactly! I want to decrease timer resolution to 15.6 for power saving, but windows doesn't let me to go beyond 1ms for some reason with or without dynamic tick! It would be great, if there was program to change this in idle to 15.6 and in usage to 1ms or lower: https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/ ... ts-wasted/. Dynamictick can cause stuttering and is not good for muscle memory.

TYT

Post by TYT » 02 Aug 2022, 10:21

high timer resolution value will not save that much power but if you want to do that use ISLC
here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256 :D
240Hz Omen X 25f nvidia 1660 super razer huntsman TE Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT razer viper 8k

empleat

Post by empleat » 02 Aug 2022, 10:38

TYT wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 10:21
high timer resolution value will not save that much power but if you want to do that use ISLC
here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256 :D
It doesn't go above 1 ms. On global scale megawatts are wasted tho, but yeah main is GPU/CPU so it is in balanced mode in windows and in high perf. mode in load!!!

evmadic

Post by evmadic » 02 Aug 2022, 10:45

TYT wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 09:11
part 2 after that go to program settings then Click add after that Click Browse then go to C:\Windows scroll down open explorer go to power management mode change it to prefer maximum performance do the same go to add then Browse C:\Windows\System32 then type
dwm.exe open it go to power management mode change it to prefer maximum performance your done 😄
Thanks for this!
5800x3d, RTX 4070 ti, Acer Nitro XV252QF 390Hz
https://www.twitch.tv/evmadic

empleat

Post by empleat » 02 Aug 2022, 10:59

evmadic wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 10:45
TYT wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 09:11
Thanks for this!
Wouldn't this cause GPU to run in highest frequency, even when idling in windows. Don't understand purpose of this, if you set a game to prefer maximum performance, it will already force GPU to run in higher P states! In windows you want it to run in like 210 mhz if you check GPU-Z, otherwise if some app will have set prefer max performance GPU will run at like 1750mhz in windows! It is annoying you have to set in Global tab "Normal" and for each App "prefer maximum performance".

TYT

Post by TYT » 02 Aug 2022, 11:55

about dwm I am trying explain why dwm will lower the input latency when set to perfer maximum performance but I don't know completely
how this is happening but about if this will cause the GPU to run in highest frequency As far as I know no it will not but it going to make the gpu use more power P1 but the input latency is so much better recommened for csgo and valorant Because these games will not use the gpu that much so the gpu will not run at the maximum clock speed Im not saying this will make the gpu run at maximum clock speed its just going make it higher =lower input latency + higher fps :D

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 02 Aug 2022, 16:34

:lol:
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 02 Aug 2022, 17:10

Is what you suggest with dwm.exe supported by any input lag measurements/proofs or you're just so desperate?

I think admin and mods should look deeper into your rants, because your advices and instructions can make unexpected mess in OS and decrease overall stability of your PC.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 02 Aug 2022, 18:01

This is becoming a bit extreme, things like disabling idle state, throttling or even forcing your GPU to run on high performance when the PC is doing nothing is just too much. Even things like disabling speedstep in Bios are becoming more of a religious act rather than an actual justified need. Turning on "Game Mode" on your PC will literally force your CPU to boost into its limits without compromising intel's limitations "unless MCE is turned on". Please do your research on every feature and ask yourself whether you really need that turned off or not.

Don't get me wrong, your system can mostly handle that, when it's properly configured. Most of the people here are just lost inexperienced souls looking for answers on how their favorite game is performing differently than what they see elsewhere. Motherboard manufacturers's most of the time tend to over-volt everything to try their best in giving the end user a plug and play experience free of troubleshooting. That said, they also include all the safety features like Speedstep, thermal monitor, etc. A recipe for hardware failure will be highly probable when the end user just disables those features without knowing that his motherboard was running on intel's fail safe values shoving close to 1.5v in their CPUs.

If you are someone that has somewhat of an old rig and you are trying to squeeze every last drop of performance you can out of it, then sure, go for it! Not without doing your research though, a slow performing rig is still better than a broken one.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini