Changing Processor State Greatly affects mouse sensitivity/ lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Vocaleyes

Re: Changing Processor State Greatly affects mouse sensitivity/ lag

Post by Vocaleyes » 04 Aug 2022, 16:56

Thank you for the info chief, After noticing the drastic effect changing the cpu % had I have been leaning towards conflict of energy saving techniques so it’s funny you should mention that, although mine may be more tin foil hatish..
I’ve been thinking that a majority if not all hardware and corresponding software have to be built to be compliant with its country’s energy regulation and requirements, so what if in all the kerfuffle of doubling down on energy saving techniques, has actually inadvertently created conflict on fundamental device operating levels?

The most important thing is finding the common ground between pc, laptops and consoles which all display the inconsistent cursor issue, which a cpu would check all those boxes.

In theory, if any, what would it take to unlink the mouse cursors behaviour from a stressed/ adaptive cpu?

To clarify, I am still unsure if what I found here to be a cause of the irregular cursor movement, but if it clucks and lays eggs it’s worth checking to see if it’s a hen imo.

I also have tried recreating the state of which I could last develop muscle memory, which was on cod ghosts on a 660gtx and a 60fps monitor. I limited my frames to 60 and redownloaded ghosts.. for a game I put 3 years on my life into, it just isn’t the same without being able to feel your snaps, instead of constantly having to micro correct.

It really is the most depressing thing.

Edit, forgot to mention that I also disabled thermal monitor in bios, cpu management, I did this after ensuring my cpu never crossed the 90C threshold when under its most stressful load… aka modern warfare.😂. Felt a slight impact, but no solution.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 05 Aug 2022, 21:52

Vocaleyes wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 03:24
So have noticed while playing around with some stuff, that when in edit power options -> advanced settings -> processor power management -> there you have minimum and maximum state.

When set to high performance mode, decreasing this percentage will HEAVILY affect mouse input.

I set it to 85% to test something else, and when tabbing back in to warzone, the previous in-game mouse sens was waaaay too low, I had to compensate.

This gets progressively worse the lower the value and not in a subtle way.

So having power set to 100% my sens was 3.50, after changing to 85% my sens had to be changed to 6.50 to compensate.

My issue seems to be CPU related if that heavy an affect is achieved. Could you all please test and confirm or deny this affect, greatly appreciated.

A lot of you guys are focused on the wrong things. Although a lot of what you talk about is directly related to SMI's.
Attachments
SMI.png
SMI.png (21.58 KiB) Viewed 3516 times

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 07 Aug 2022, 04:36

Eonds wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 21:52

A lot of you guys are focused on the wrong things. Although a lot of what you talk about is directly related to SMI's.
can you please give us more hints on this.

PSMI SUPPORT (default disabled)
SMM MSR Save State Enable (disabled)
SMM Use Delay Indication (enabled)
SMM Use Block Indication (enabled)
SMM Use SMM en-US Indication (enabled)

Am I looking at the right things? do I want to disable everything here? D:
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 07 Aug 2022, 17:15

DPRTMELR wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 04:36
Eonds wrote:

Every power saving feature basically invokes SMI's. I do disable those but there's many other settings in bios like error reporting, error correction, and power saving mechanism of any kind. The problem is with AMD is certain settings that are supposed to disable power saving actually hurt performance very badly and do more harm. I'll give you some basic hints. LTR, PME SCI, Advanced error reporting, Selfrefresh, power down, USB ecc smi, and many many more.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 09 Aug 2022, 00:56

8 years old and still unsolved.. https://youtu.be/8-cYb6Wk4FU

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 09 Aug 2022, 02:54

Eonds wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 17:15
DPRTMELR wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 04:36
Eonds wrote:

Every power saving feature basically invokes SMI's. I do disable those but there's many other settings in bios like error reporting, error correction, and power saving mechanism of any kind. The problem is with AMD is certain settings that are supposed to disable power saving actually hurt performance very badly and do more harm. I'll give you some basic hints. LTR, PME SCI, Advanced error reporting, Selfrefresh, power down, USB ecc smi, and many many more.
oh i thought there was some magical switch that would drop board induced software interrupts by 50% or whatever (google made it sound like there were some settings decades ago) hah =(
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 11 Aug 2022, 06:53

“No such thing as muscle memory”…. Le sigh…

Used to get mad at these comments, but after 8 years you just have to face the fact some people don’t know better.

He completely ignored the fact I mentioned regarding laptop touchpad being affected and continued spouting the same bs he read somewhere else.
Attachments
109F57AD-30E7-4220-B5FB-5FC35D597EEF.png
109F57AD-30E7-4220-B5FB-5FC35D597EEF.png (239.72 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

Espionage724

Post by Espionage724 » 11 Aug 2022, 07:23

Eonds wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 17:15
power down
Is this related to the DDR RAM power down option?

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 14 Aug 2022, 10:04

Vocaleyes wrote:
09 Aug 2022, 00:56
8 years old and still unsolved.. https://youtu.be/8-cYb6Wk4FU
Anything but scientific

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 14 Aug 2022, 10:06

Vocaleyes wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 06:53
“No such thing as muscle memory”…. Le sigh…

Used to get mad at these comments, but after 8 years you just have to face the fact some people don’t know better.

He completely ignored the fact I mentioned regarding laptop touchpad being affected and continued spouting the same bs he read somewhere else.
It's not muscle memory it's motor memory/fine motor skills. Some people are used to lag, some can notice it causing them to lose focus (me).