whats happening on faceit?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
tinkiy4333

whats happening on faceit?

Post by tinkiy4333 » 31 Jul 2022, 04:33

earlier when i was playing mm, and then i switched to faceit, i noticed something strange that distinguishes this platform from mm. in the early days of my faceit game, the game was smooth as in mm, only better thanks to the 128 tickrate, but after 50-70 games, some degradation began. as if the anti-cheat or the servers themselves began to add some kind of delay. like my monitor went from 165hz to 60hz. hit reg becomes bad, which changed my movement and play style. my computer and internet are well optimized. this behavior is not present in mm. my hit reg in mm is great. From the beginning, faceit was smoother than mm, but now it's the other way around. it's all very strange. I have an assumption that in this way (special addition of a delay from faceit) they are trying to make the same playing conditions for everyone. with a delay and a bad hit reg.
but I noticed something else while playing the mysterious faceit. sometimes people with avg kills 17-20 seem to get a one game advantage. they do 30-35 kills in 20 rounds. in the next game they can't make 20 kills. why is this happening if they are trying to make the playing field equal for everyone? I don't understand. there are a lot of people out there who have 30-35 avg kills and seem to abuse this advantage. look at this person. he has 32 avg kills. he has 1.45kd for 5000 matches.
now here is his htv profile.
a person has not even 1kd. because he plays in official matches, and they are not held on faceit. he can't get the benefits and is very bad. he is used to playing with advantage on faceit.
I want to show you another one.
wow. 31 avg kills. 1.56kd for 2300 matches. go to hltv and:
nothing surprising. 1.04 kd. because he plays without advantages. and he will never be able to play hltv like faceit. because his playstyle is geared towards playing with an advantage, with the best hit reg on faceit against regular people.
there are many such individuals. watch d0cc play on his streams. that's what I'm talking about. he always has an advantage and 30 kills on average.
Last edited by tinkiy4333 on 31 Jul 2022, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

DPRTMELR

Re: whats happening on faceit?

Post by DPRTMELR » 31 Jul 2022, 04:44

faceit anticheat consumes a lot of resources (like unreasonably a lot) and sometimes drains the core 0 sometimes it doesn't(you could try to keep it away from first couple of cores but it always respawns itself xd), and the passive recording would also take away about 10+- fps.

but this isn't the hltv.org forums though. you are seriously asking us why some people play better at pugs than they do on online tournament matches.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

tinkiy4333

Post by tinkiy4333 » 31 Jul 2022, 04:50

DPRTMELR wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 04:44
but this isn't the hltv.org forums though. you are seriously asking us why some people play better at pugs than they do on online tournament matches.
they don't play better. This is the meaning of my topic. some pro players can't even play on faceit like this 15 year old kid. And I'm talking about only faceit. and there is no need to say that a person is talented or something like that.

tinkiy4333

Post by tinkiy4333 » 31 Jul 2022, 05:23

Recently I came across a post on reddit, where they say that in valorant on the second account the game is smoother, which happens with csgo. and the person wrote such an answer that no one accepted, although this makes sense.
https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/comme ... &context=3
this makes sense, because every time you log in with a new account (see the beginning of my topic), you will have a smoother game. after a while, of course, hit reg and stuff will get worse.
Last edited by tinkiy4333 on 03 Sep 2022, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » 31 Jul 2022, 05:25

Can you post your pc specs? The anticheat and 128 tick consume far more cpu than matchmaking that has no AC and runs at half the tickrate.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 31 Jul 2022, 07:14

Yeah this account thing is definitely true, accounts laggier than others, having smooth game then playing like shit. But for some accounts it doesn’t happen like d00c or zywoo, watching their stream is mind boggling, they always look much faster than enemy team despite enemy being 3.5k+ elo on average, there’s no way that’s the same as us. When windows reinstall used to work for me, I always go +30k on average no matter who I play against. But with lag I could barely get +12kills vs level 5 players lol.
The reason may very well be account related, csgo devs adding something to the account to differentiate really good players over the rest but could be electricity related, network related, Emi electricity…

My issue is I would say 80% hardware electricity related and 20% account related. 20% is huge if you compete against good players with no account no electricity related.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 01 Aug 2022, 12:12

I can agree, when i played faceit now after 3 months, its laggy. I am not sure with my aim, it doesnt shoot crisp. However its not a new thing, but now i play more 128t other platforms and there is noticable difference vs faceit.
Also my main acc is noticably worse (laggier) than others, in DM/MM i patched it by this way, it WORKED https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/disc ... 277265075/ however i didnt test it yet at faceit. In DM no matter if 64 or 128t it helped a lot.

Now WaSe or half empty epiczone.sk DM (the only state when its fluent + i have 5ms there) >>> MM >> faceit when it comes to aim and movement responsibility. I can no longer come from wase to faceit because the aim is worse at faceit. Faceit seems to suffer from anticheat or something because the server parameters are almost fine, ping too but the game is rubbery and i dont feel comfortable, cant rely on aim and i do stupid mistakes by fear and i lose time before i am "steady and ready to fire" by the sluggish input delay.

Btw - what helped a lot:
1) the steamcommunity advice to delete account folder - it unlagged my main at least at valve/3rd party DM servers, didnt test it more yet
2) the nvidia inspector to optimize drivers, i used the lowest input lag settings and even if most the parameters are no more working as the inspector is obsolete, my game client runs well and at low ping and low sv/var servers the client is incredibly crisp and responsive and heads are easy to do + i can fire instantly when stopping/turning/flicking. Im finally feeling like a person with sub 140ms avg. humanbenchmark reaction time and feeling the edge over opponents when reacting.

What is a verified another main source of input lag:
1) the servers - there is nothing you can do with that, very fishy is that reconnecting sometimes works, or even worse, reconnecting from different account, the game seems to set different parameters even if you have cloned config at all accounts + fixed interp/interp rate. Usually a server with higher ping, ping diff, server variance, server var diff and +-sv var diff = higher input lag but its not fully correlating.
2) the game engine - its a blackbox, i cant say more. But 12ms is exactly the input lag you cant get below this number, this is source 1 dead weight
3) overall ping of all players. If you play with and against low pingers, the game is noticably better than when there is at least one lagger. The game starts protecting them with a buffer (as valve has nearly infinite lagcompensation) and the client is then noticably lagging behind server real time. Unfortunatelly, it seems that even client input lag is affected as the server starts to delay your input to favour high pingers and takes your input late ignoring absolutelly what happened in last about 100ms (you see the enemy about to peek you or turning at you, you A or D to safe to not get headshoted, but you get HS at the old spot like you did nothing, obviously server ignored your movement even if your ping is 10ms and enemy headshots you even if you moved early enough to prevent it).

[Moderator -- removed one sentence that had racist overtones. That doesn't belong here]

Anticheat is suspicious mostly around corners, its not only lagcompensation but it seems that anticheat somehow cripples reaction flicks faster than a value he thinks you cant do, very often it lags my mouse and enemy movement when enemy peeks so i cant flick him before he can react and then he warps over my missed shot leaving me to stay desperate.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 15 Feb 2023, 18:57

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 12:12
try r_drawtracers_firstperson 1 with cl_weaponspredict 0 in different settings (faceit, mm, other servers) to see more obvious differences. faceit's shots are definitely lagging behind, as if I am on a 64tick. and it 's funny too because just aim is lagging behind and not my character model AND my mouse positions (like valve's 64tick would be), this happens on both 1k and 8k mouses
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Traveler

Post by Traveler » 15 Feb 2023, 20:50

Have you guys tried ESEA or Fastcup, does the same thing happen there?

triplese

Post by triplese » 16 Feb 2023, 04:55

tinkiy4333 wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 04:33
my computer and internet are well optimized.
Any proofs of "internet" optimization? Do you have dedicated line from your apartments directly to faceit server?
Internet is black box, you cant control anything from your side until buying from big ISP transport L2 channel and installing your hardware on both ends. Now all of your "optimizations" related only to your local network between your PC and router.