Only VALORANT and older versions of R6S are completely fine

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
omusubi0216

Only VALORANT and older versions of R6S are completely fine

Post by omusubi0216 » 01 Aug 2022, 22:01

While I experience terrible sluggishness in CS:GO and a horrendous amount of input lag (feels like 100ms lag) in the latest version of R6S, I've noticed that I don't experience any problem in VALORANT and older versions of R6S (before SHADOW LEGACY).
Before CSGO and other games started running poorly, I had a weird feeling of sensitivity and hitbox in siege after SHADOW LEGACY update from summer 2020, and after a year and a half since the update, other games followed the same path. I've missed smooth gameplay so much and decided to install an old build of R6S using special tool called R6Downloader which is completely legal. And the game I was looking for was still there. The game was not infected with the input lag issue. I could easily aim wherever I want and kill all BOTs with a headshot.
I've always thought the issue is caused by bad electricity or internet, but I'm starting to suspect that it is the game-side problem. What do you guys think is the cause of input lag and sluggish playing?
Last edited by omusubi0216 on 02 Aug 2022, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.

SeekNDstroy

Re: Only VALORANT and older versions of R6S are completely fine

Post by SeekNDstroy » 02 Aug 2022, 02:08

omusubi0216 wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 22:01
While I experience terrible sluggishness in CS:GO and a horrendous amount of input lag (feels like 100ms lag) in the latest version of R6S, I've noticed that I don't experience any problem in VALORANT and older versions of R6S (before SHADOW LEGACY).
Before CSGO and other games started running poorly, I had a weird feeling of sensitivity and hitbox in siege after SHADOW LEGACY update from summer 2020, and after a year and a half since the update, other games followed the same path. I've missed smooth gameplay so much and decided to install an old build of R6S using special tool called R6Downloader which is completely legal. And the game I was looking for was still there. The game was not infected with the input lag issue.
I've always thought the issue is caused by bad electricity or internet, but I'm starting to suspect that it is the game-side problem. What do you guys think is the cause of input lag and sluggish playing?
Did you just play thunt on older r6? Cause its not possible to play online match on older version ig. From shadow legacy ubi change some sens setting, did you make sure they are all same you used to play with? Also thunt & online match can be feel different for different cpu/gpu load.
A side note- if you have 4g decoding & rebar enable in bios, try to disable those two & try r6s. My rx 580 dont support rebar , but with nimez i can enable it. However i see huge input lag with rebar & 4g decode enable, its like players are sponge & they are just absorbing all my bullets :3 , however disabling those two helped me for r6s.

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 02 Aug 2022, 02:24

SeekNDstroy wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 02:08
omusubi0216 wrote:
Before CSGO and other games started running poorly, I had a weird feeling of sensitivity and hitbox in siege after SHADOW LEGACY update from summer 2020, and after a year and a half since the update, other games followed the same path. I've missed smooth gameplay so much and decided to install an old build of R6S using special tool called R6Downloader which is completely legal. And the game I was looking for was still there. The game was not infected with the input lag issue.
Did you just play thunt on older r6? Cause its not possible to play online match on older version ig. From shadow legacy ubi change some sens setting, did you make sure they are all same you used to play with? Also thunt & online match can be feel different for different cpu/gpu load.
A side note- if you have 4g decoding & rebar enable in bios, try to disable those two & try r6s. My rx 580 dont support rebar , but with nimez i can enable it. However i see huge input lag with rebar & 4g decode enable, its like players are sponge & they are just absorbing all my bullets :3 , however disabling those two helped me for r6s.
Right. I only played T-hunt since multiplayer was not available. But even T-hunt doesn't feel right in the current version, so I can confirm that the older build is definitely better.
Settings are exact the same as far as I recognize. G-sync is disabled, game is set to full screen, and all graphic settings are set to low except the shader setting.

Kipperii

Post by Kipperii » 02 Aug 2022, 04:25

SeekNDstroy wrote:
omusubi0216 wrote:
Hello, I would like to ask your rank in r6, I am a champion player, I also have a little hitreg question

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 02 Aug 2022, 10:19

Hey man, R6 player from Y1 here, my game is not so smooth as well, after Shadow Legacy (Zero & new scopes) DLC, before that it ran completely fine, even on weaker PC.

Can you please describe what are you experiencing in game, in ranked/casual and in TH? Sluggishness, not smooth image on screen, bloaty mouse, choppiness, input lag/delay, desync, 144/240 hz feels like 60hz - anything like that?

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 02 Aug 2022, 13:33

Iserverthefirelord wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 10:19
Hey man, R6 player from Y1 here, my game is not so smooth as well, after Shadow Legacy (Zero & new scopes) DLC, before that it ran completely fine, even on weaker PC.

Can you please describe what are you experiencing in game, in ranked/casual and in TH? Sluggishness, not smooth image on screen, bloaty mouse, choppiness, input lag/delay, desync, 144/240 hz feels like 60hz - anything like that?

I don't feel significant sluggishness but I simply have a BIG input lag in ANY mode. Terrible hitbox and desync in multiplayer as well. Headshots don't register and enemies peeking me ridiculously fast.
My sensitivity feels weird as well too. Like it's continuously changing and aiming doesn't feel snappy.

SeekNDstroy

Post by SeekNDstroy » 03 Aug 2022, 04:09

Kipperii wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 04:25
SeekNDstroy wrote:
omusubi0216 wrote:
Hello, I would like to ask your rank in r6, I am a champion player, I also have a little hitreg question
Hi, are you asking me? I'm an average plat player. Playing since operation health. I still play this game, but lost squad a long time ago, so usually play unranked.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 04 Aug 2022, 04:13

I don't feel significant sluggishness but I simply have a BIG input lag in ANY mode. Terrible hitbox and desync in multiplayer as well. Headshots don't register and enemies peeking me ridiculously fast.
My sensitivity feels weird as well too. Like it's continuously changing and aiming doesn't feel snappy.
So it's basically CSGO and new R6 builds only, Valorant and old r6 builds are fine? Because it sounds like electrical "input lag/desync" issue tbh. Weird to see it to differ from game to game.

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 10 Aug 2022, 12:56

Iserverthefirelord wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 04:13
So it's basically CSGO and new R6 builds only, Valorant and old r6 builds are fine? Because it sounds like electrical "input lag/desync" issue tbh. Weird to see it to differ from game to game.
I was pretty sure that it was due to bad electricity before but now I'm in a maze. Also it is not due to internet since the issues occur both online and offline, even with the ethernet cable detatched.

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 11 Aug 2022, 12:26

Thought VALORANT was fine, but it turned out to be the same shit as other games.