No input lag after Alt-Tabbing

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Plznoinputlag

Re: No input lag after Alt-Tabbing

Post by Plznoinputlag » 14 Aug 2022, 11:05

Wayzer wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 10:23
MontyTheAverage wrote:
13 Aug 2022, 14:51
Can you test if it happens on only Online games or also offline? Make sure you test turning off anything network related.
It's absolutely my network problem. Ethernet cable 100% (not the cable itself but some interference that comes from the ethernet cable). I have a massive improvement whenever I unplug the ethernet cable. Even on desktop and even when I unplug and plug-in almost immediately (although improvement lasts like for a minute or so).
Not a bios issue, tested every setting possible that has smth to do with network.
Could it be a internet driver issue or any related to OS problem?

Also, I have to mention that I struggled with input lag for 4 years and recently when I cut out all the cables that somehow touched the ethernet cable (telephone cable, old TV coaxial cable) - I had the biggest boost that I've ever seen in 4 years. My game now is completely playable, HOWEVER its not perfect. I would say I fixed my issue for 70-80%. But 20-30% is still there. When I found out that it's somehow related to my ethernet cable I immediately cut out cables that I mentioned above AND changed ISP along with ethernet cable. Then I saw that improvement.

I have almost the same improvement compared to unplugging ethernet cable (along with alt-tabbing) when I don't touch the mouse at all for like a minute. And I think @Thatweirdinputlag get why's that. When I dont touch my mouse being on the server (in Valorant on the firing range) - I send 10 packets (for example), whenever I'm starting to move my mouse - I send 40 packets. The more packets I send, the more input lag I'm experiencing. When I'm alttabbing this process resets. I can record a video how it actually happens.
Sorry for my bad explanation and english but I think you get the point.

I changed my ISP; ethernet cable; router; the extension cord router connected to; ethernet cable that goes from my router into my PC (bought STPF-8 max shielded cable - didn't help).
i think i have the same issue when i unplug my router from the electricity the pc becomes responsive and smooth. first i thought its electricity but when i unplug my WAN port ethernet cable all the lags are gone. i dont know how many routers you have but mine is the switch ethernet that fiber connects to it and getting the internet from the isp then inside my house i have huawei router from the isp that giving me wifi , lan ports to pc to make internet etc. so in my opinion this lags comes from the streets where your fiber or main ethernet are coming from its giving emf,rmf,emi or whatever that going through your fiber connection or whatever you have.
The best things u can try is UPS on battery that u will connect only your router.

2.unplug your router from the electricity and try to play with mobile internet and see if you have still input lag. if its all good you have something going through your main internet connection, if this option didnt fixing your you it can be electricity its only my opinion i hope i helped and sorry for my english i hope its understandable

dervu

Post by dervu » 14 Aug 2022, 11:35

Fiber is immune to EMI/RFI.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 14 Aug 2022, 13:33

I wonder if it’s something to do with raw input?
When in a game and raw input is enabled it could be that when alt tabbing out the raw input state is handed off to windows handling and for some reason entering a new, refreshed state of raw input feels good. Maybe there’s a leak or memory issue when the raw input state is active for extended durations or something, which may also explain why it gets worse over time?

Wayzer

Post by Wayzer » 14 Aug 2022, 14:01

Plznoinputlag wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 11:05
i think i have the same issue when i unplug my router from the electricity the pc becomes responsive and smooth. first i thought its electricity but when i unplug my WAN port ethernet cable all the lags are gone. i dont know how many routers you have but mine is the switch ethernet that fiber connects to it and getting the internet from the isp then inside my house i have huawei router from the isp that giving me wifi , lan ports to pc to make internet etc. so in my opinion this lags comes from the streets where your fiber or main ethernet are coming from its giving emf,rmf,emi or whatever that going through your fiber connection or whatever you have.
The best things u can try is UPS on battery that u will connect only your router.

2.unplug your router from the electricity and try to play with mobile internet and see if you have still input lag. if its all good you have something going through your main internet connection, if this option didnt fixing your you it can be electricity its only my opinion i hope i helped and sorry for my english i hope its understandable
Firstly, thanks for the answer man!
I have some very strange behaviour rn. So I've tested this with my wi-fi USB modem connected to LTE phone hotspot (main router was unplugged) and it didn't help that much for some reason... HOWEVER, when I unplug and plug back in (or disconnect in settings and reconnect back to wi-fi) - I have exactly the same improvement that I had with alt-tabbing, or not touching my mouse for 1 minute. What the hell? Is is some OS/driver/network settings issue or smth? It blows my mind, how on earth I can do that consistently every time? Absolutely perfect feeling I'm getting after not touching my mouse for straight 1 minute. After that I feel literally no input delay for 10-15 secs. And then of course it comes back.
But for now it's absolutely clear to me that without ethernet cable (or even PC connected to wi-fi) - I have zero issues with input delay. Both keyboard and mouse.
dervu wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 11:35
True, however I dont have fiber network connection.
Vocaleyes wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 13:33
Most likely no. I'm currently playing valorant, there's no actual setting that allows to turn on/off raw input. (note: raw input buffer setting in valorant is for 8khz mouse only. The riot dev explained that in q&a session.)

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 14 Aug 2022, 14:40

Wayzer wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 14:01
Plznoinputlag wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 11:05

Firstly, thanks for the answer man!
I have some very strange behaviour rn. So I've tested this with my wi-fi USB modem connected to LTE phone hotspot (main router was unplugged) and it didn't help that much for some reason... HOWEVER, when I unplug and plug back in (or disconnect in settings and reconnect back to wi-fi) - I have exactly the same improvement that I had with alt-tabbing, or not touching my mouse for 1 minute. What the hell? Is is some OS/driver/network settings issue or smth? It blows my mind, how on earth I can do that consistently every time? Absolutely perfect feeling I'm getting after not touching my mouse for straight 1 minute. After that I feel literally no input delay for 10-15 secs. And then of course it comes back.
But for now it's absolutely clear to me that without ethernet cable (or even PC connected to wi-fi) - I have zero issues with input delay. Both keyboard and mouse.
dervu wrote:
True, however I dont have fiber network connection.
Vocaleyes wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 13:33
Most likely no. I'm currently playing valorant, there's no actual setting that allows to turn on/off raw input. (note: raw input buffer setting in valorant is for 8khz mouse only. The riot dev explained that in q&a session.)
its ok bro!
its not working because the speed of the mobile network is really slow i guess but this problem occurs when we have electricity problems actually did u checked if your electricity is grounded? the issue that when u didnt touch your mouse for 1 min and all became good is maybe u become the path for the grounding for your electricity after some amount of time and all became bad again. its really bad for our health btw. its not 100% correct im just guesing what can be the problem for you man so u need to check step by step.

I tried ups on battery that i will connect only my pc and monitor and it was working flawless so i pluged my router too on it cuz i wanted to give clean electricity to my router too but guess what all became shit again and every low ranked player seemed like ferrari peeking, spraying not connecting like shooting ghosts,degrade monitor quality and very fask enemy movements like speeding up youtubes video speed.
and then i charged ups in good place and i connected my pc and monitor again to it and it was very good i had 3-4 hours of smooth gameplay without issues then i needed to charge the battery after all so i charged it with my electricity to 100% and unplug the charging socked and played with battery and there was no difference every input lag and desync came back so even ups on battery is working for me i cant charge it from my electricity kinda very weird shit maybe solar panels will help but its alot of money

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 14 Aug 2022, 17:02

dervu wrote:
The glass fibers and signal pulses traveling through them are indeed immune to EMF. However, the switches/hubs/servers/router-modems connected at both ends are not. Garbage in, garbage out theory.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 14 Aug 2022, 17:10

Wayzer wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 10:28
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 15:42
It happens in a client-sided game, which is close to an offline game where all actions, hitreg, etc happen on the client then the info get's sent to the server.
Yep, true. It definitely correlates between how many packets you send - how much input lag you're getting. From what I've tested the packets youre getting has nothing to do with that. Only matters is how much you're sending
Might be.. Try enabling jumbo packets, packet coalescing, adaptive inter-frame spacing and interrupt moderation "Set to medium or above" in your ethernet's advanced settings tab. You can also increase transmit and receive buffers, and some other options that you can do through regedit that I can't think of right now. Theoretically, this will have a stronger say in the number of packets sent, maybe it'll work, who knows!

One more thing to try, other thank unplugging cable or alt-tabbing. Try the option "Speed & Duplex" force a renegotiate by going down to 100mb Full Duplex, then after a while go back up to 1.0GB Full Duplex. For some odd reason, everytime I do that, my hitreg becomes better in the client sided game that I used to play.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 15 Aug 2022, 02:48

Wayzer wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 14:01
https://old.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/comme ... w/hmplvwh/

This one?
Though he states more that there are or shouldn't be differences that a player *is able to tell* on 1khz mice. Personally would still enable or even recommend it for the sake of clean delivery of input. Peace of mind kind of thing.
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

dopamines

Post by dopamines » 16 Aug 2022, 01:59

Hello, im curious what kind of mouse you are using? is it g pro by any chance?
And also could be possible that something in your home is disrupting your connection?
I have the exact same issue, when alt tabbing game is super smooth and feels perfect, also when i completly unplug my internet it, lag is gone, when i plug it back in etc ethernet cable , then its good for abit, for a game or 2 its works perfectly fine but it seems to get worse overtime, so im wondering if there is something at my home disrupting my connection? like could be for example some kind lamp which is in same cycle as my internet and pc or em i tripping? :D

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 16 Aug 2022, 14:48

So the fix for this is yet to be found it seems? This is wild, because I've been through 3 different PC's at this point and all have the same issue, even when all parts are completely changed. Annoying to know that my old 775 LGA system was smoother and much more consistent than my i9 10850K with a 144hz monitor.