VSync OFF csgo desynced

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
triplese

VSync OFF csgo desynced

Post by triplese » 27 Sep 2022, 05:43

So, my internet lags fixed, and now I owned by ferraripeekers, but only on one PC and only in CSGO, where I have 500+fps minimum and about 1100 max and VSync turned off. Only half (or even third) of hits registered, HS rate about 40%. Cant duel with enemy, he doing 5-6 hits when I do 7 shoots and 2 hits registered.
5950x + RTX3080, 1920x1440, 240hz MBR g7 32".
Clean windows 11 (more stable minimal fps than w10 for me).
Now interesting info:
For test I turn on G-Sync + VSync in NVCP and ingame cap fps by 237 - all hits easily land in head, all hits registered and enemies have slower reaction than me. But some input lag present on mouse (maybe 10-15ms by my feeling compared to AGLatencySplitTest).
When I turn off VSync - problems reproducing again.
Any advices? Do I have faulty monitor?
Last edited by triplese on 27 Sep 2022, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

Discorz
VIP Member

Re: VSync OFF csgo desynced

Post by Discorz » 27 Sep 2022, 07:18

triplese wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 05:43
For test I turn on G-Sync + VSync in NVCP and cap fps by 237 - all hits easily land in head, all hits registered and enemies have slower reaction than me. But some input lag present on mouse (maybe 10-15ms by my feeling compared to AGLatencySplitTest).
Do you have ingame or third party cap? External frame caps such as RTSS, Nvidia MFR, Radeon Chill can add up to 40% of lag. Make sure to use ingame limiters.

Sometimes CSGO doesn't like vsync and can introduce minor additional lag even with proper fps cap. In case if screen tearing is not observed better disable vsync.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 27 Sep 2022, 07:30

Ingame fps limiters are better for input latency, advised to use fps_max for that instead of nvcp/rtss which do it on the end of the pipeline.

https://old.reddit.com/r/allbenchmarks/ ... idias_fps/
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

triplese

Post by triplese » 27 Sep 2022, 09:05

Discorz wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 07:18
Do you have ingame or third party cap?
Ingame.
Discorz wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 07:18
Sometimes CSGO doesn't like vsync and can introduce minor additional lag even with proper fps cap. In case if screen tearing is not observed better disable vsync.
Please read question before commenting. I dont have tearing without vsync, I have desync WITHOUT vsync. BIG desync. About (human reaction time - peekers advantage) = ~100ms past server.

kironashi973

Post by kironashi973 » 27 Sep 2022, 15:14

same for me every game i play with vsync off gets me huge desync i'm forced to play with vsync on or on fast

mybad

Post by mybad » 27 Sep 2022, 21:07

triplese wrote:
Now interesting info:
For test I turn on G-Sync + VSync in NVCP and ingame cap fps by 237 - all hits easily land in head, all hits registered and enemies have slower reaction than me. But some input lag present on mouse (maybe 10-15ms by my feeling compared to AGLatencySplitTest).
1. The input lag created by the server.
2. Server knows about your VSync state.
3. When Vsync is off, the server provides additional latency for you, in opposite you will have a significant advantage over players with vsync ON.
4. You can't fix this, that is how implemented by game developers.

What you really can do:
1. Learned language C, after that, you can read and understand how the operating system works, for example, Linux. For example, you will understand, this is not a "real-time" operating system.
2. Learning C++, after that you can read code from Valve "Source Engine", you will be highy surprized I can garantied.
3. Learn network staff, for example, you can pass CCNA or CCNP or CCIE :) from Cisco, and after that, you will understand how the devices are communicating with each other.

Or, you can ignore me and can start believing the holy "electrical fix", or category 8 cables, or another million useless solutions on this forum. Make a choice.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 28 Sep 2022, 13:41

mybad wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 21:07
3. When Vsync is off, the server provides additional latency for you, in opposite you will have a significant advantage over players with vsync ON.
Citation needed...
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 28 Sep 2022, 16:49

mybad wrote:
triplese wrote:
BB should start punish users for this kind of tosh

triplese

Post by triplese » 28 Sep 2022, 17:35

I found root cause of problem, it was audio subsystem. Will report it in another thread.

triplese

Post by triplese » 28 Sep 2022, 17:40

mybad wrote:

What you really can do:
1. Learned language C, after that, you can read and understand how the operating system works, for example, Linux. For example, you will understand, this is not a "real-time" operating system.
2. Learning C++, after that you can read code from Valve "Source Engine", you will be highy surprized I can garantied.
3. Learn network staff, for example, you can pass CCNA or CCNP or CCIE :) from Cisco, and after that, you will understand how the devices are communicating with each other.

Or, you can ignore me and can start believing the holy "electrical fix", or category 8 cables, or another million useless solutions on this forum. Make a choice.
Total bshit. I'm former sysadmin and MT certified network engineer, working in gamedev company with AAA title and knows how networking works. I can read Cpp and writeen some automation for myself and I have read ancient leaked CSGO code, however it ancient and no one knows what they implemented after leak. And my desync cause not was in CSGO, but in system latencies ;)