I fixed the strange delay.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
naporitan

I fixed the strange delay.

Post by naporitan » 04 Oct 2022, 21:47

I solved my problem with the alleged "input lag" by changing the mousepad, glides on the mouse, and the internet...
mousepad: Razer strider (I recommend this pad! Almost like a top artisan)
mouse: xm1r (if you have a logitech g102, I recommend changing this mouse for another... because the sensor g102 has flattening which gives the effect of buoyancy...)
and recommend ordering tiger ice glides, they are sold on ali.

Just when the mousepad is swampy and the glides on the mouse is also erased, this greatly affects the "perception" ...

about the internet, everything is relative ... with pingplotter it is possible to see some network problems ... but, I recommend to connect Rostelecom via GPON if everything is still bad then, unlucky....
On the way from the computer to the game server, data packets pass through many nodes, from a few to several dozen.
Problems in the work of even one of the nodes - whether it is the user's router or the provider's server - can lead to "lags" and high pings, "teleports", unstable network connection, which is accompanied by "drop-out" from the game.

When your hands sweat a lot, the mousepad becomes boggy and so the mouse starts to drift... That's why you better buy the SkyPad 3.0... Or do hand surgery like XANTARES. (And don't forget good mouse glides! tiger ice for everyone!)

[Moderator Note -- Removed some text and meme style imagery that was embedded at bottom of post -- "Be Nice" and "No Meme" rule violations.]

assombrosso

Re: I fixed the strange delay. (this is not EMI!)

Post by assombrosso » 05 Oct 2022, 13:27

Wow bro, you solved a one decade puzzle with few mouse glides and a vpn. I heard using oil under mouse makess it smoother when dragged too

dervu

Re: I fixed the strange delay. (this is not EMI!)

Post by dervu » 05 Oct 2022, 13:35

Tell us, what is this quality of internet then.
What is astounding for me is that you went EMI road, when all you had to do is just use mouse on desk for a while. :lol:
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I fixed the strange delay.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 Oct 2022, 14:09

While I agree that

(A) The mouse subsystem is definitely a major cause of lag problems for many people that is overlooked too often; AND
(B) EMI problems ARE definitely wild goose chase to red herrings (even if EMI is the cause of some people's issues) --

....There are so many causes of lag that no one solution fixes all. Your solution may help some but may not help everyone.

There were two rule violations in the part of the post containing your image so I had to remove that part.
Please avoid holy wars between non-EMI and EMI forums.
Blur Busters prefer to see professional school-textbook-style replies on these topics.
We are not Facebook or Twitter, but a moderated venue.

Mentioning EMI in a non-EMI forum (even saying "not EMI") is grounds for thread closure or thread move, because it's considered bait.

Thanks.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!