Thread from 2010 regarding bullet registration and recoil

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Anonymous768119

Thread from 2010 regarding bullet registration and recoil

Post by Anonymous768119 » 05 Oct 2022, 15:13

I dug up an interesting topic from the internet. I would like to point out that there is a post with long conversation on reddit that one CS:GO player is unable to play correctly in means of movement/hitreg/sync on his steam account even on LAN and this seems to be linked to this hltv post: https://www.hltv.org/forums/threads/491 ... alve-games

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... _big_help/

Perhaps it will give you some clue what is going on.
Hi !

I created this thread to talk about the recoil & bullet registry problem in Valve games.
This will be a long post with many pictures/films/game demos. We would be grateful for your opinion if you read/watch all of them and give us some help with the problem.

For few years me and many people on CS/CS:Source/Day of Defeat/and even Left 4 Dead scenes are encountering the problems with bad bullet registration and/or tragically working recoil.

Bullet registry has broken up for about 2 years ago, and recoil is not the same for everyone.

Don’t you think sometimes when someone frags you from about the other end of the map with a single shot - how did he do that ?

Is it a cheat ? - No
He is very skilled ? - Maybe yes, but in most situations it’s not that obvious. If he has everything working perfectly, like in this video :
link has expired

Then he just needs to aim at the head and pull the trigger - voilla, we have a nice kill.

When you have problems like many of us in the scene, your game looks like this :
link has expired (highly recommended to watch - shows one of the problems)

Then I have one question - how skilled must be 2nd Player to kill the 1st one ? It's a matter of luck only, even if you’re much more skilled than the opponent.
That should not go that way, everyone should have the same gameplay and chances to play. But reality shows something totally different.

Another example set : Recoils from fully automatic firing from USP in CS 1.6

Good recoil : link has expired

Bad recoil : link has expired
or if you want In-Game demo -link has expired

As you can see, the difference between those two recoils are quite big, enough to make the game almost unplayable at competitive level.

We tried to solve this problem on our own way. We read tons of guides how to make the game work properly, tried to find the problem in software – defragmenting hard disk, cleaning the system registry etc. , tried to run games on different Operating Systems – from Windows XP SP0 to Windows 7 64Bit, tried different motherboard/graphic/bios driver configurations, almost everything you can do with your PC. Effect – NOTHING WORKED.

Most of the players say that this type of problem don’t exist – they say that this problem is only our imagination. But just look at the screens and films/demos – you will see that we are telling the truth.

In some kind of elimination mode we ruled out the problem of software, OS or internet. It’s a hardware + game files problem. We also know which file of Valve games is corrupted – we have founded it totally unexpected.
The broken file is the Client.dll library in the games folders.
The instructions that are contained in it are differently interpreted by different hardware configurations – in fact we receive 1.perfect gameplay, or 2.horrible bullet registration and recoil problems that made the game almost unplayable.

It’s not a problem of one type of machines – some of us have 2 or more PC’s in our houses, and the problem occurs in most of them. For example :

Machine 1:
Amd Athlon X2 240
3GB Ram
GeForce 9800GT

Verdict : Bad bullet registration and bad recoil

Machine 2(notebook):
Amd Turion X2
GeForce 7200
2GB Ram

Verdict : The same problem as Machine 1

Machine 3
Amd Athlon XP 2200+
GeForce 2Ti 64MB
512MB Ram

Verdict : Low framerate, but the recoil is correct

As you can see, on 2 from 3 PC’s the game don’t work properly. THIS IS ONLY A LITTLE EXAMPLE, on forums you can find many more configurations with Intel/AMD processors, GeForce/Radeon cards that don’t work properly with Valve games.

We have found out the problem with client.dll file when we tried to watch this problem in Counter Strike : Condition Zero Deleted Scenes. In this game the problem doesn’t exist on ANY computer. The recoil is perfect and the registry is much better than in other games. We tried to import that file into Counter-Strike 1.6 . To do that, you need to copy the .DLL file to your cl_dlls folder in Counter-Strike from CS:CZ Deleted Scenes and make the “read only” attribute on the file.
Of course, many things don’t work as they should in CS 1.6 with this file(for example sounds, sprites etc.) but the problem with bad recoil and registry should be gone. Also, the problem doesn’t exist in the old CS 1.3 WON version of the game. If you use the .DLL file from it, it would run properly too.

Important is fact that the bad registry problem is not the domain of only Counter-Strike and other GoldSrc engine games. It also happens in Source games, such as CS:Source, Day of Defeat : Source, and even in Left 4 Dead series. Don’t you think something is strange with this fact that only in Valve games we are having this problem ?
We have played many games, such as Call of Duty series, Battlefield series and other multiplayer FPS games, and we encountered the problem only in Valve games.

Of course, we were writing messages to Steam Support, including in-game demos, films, screenshots and all types of evidence of the problem. In response they said that we need to delete the game folder/check the integrity of files/play on default settings. If this did not work, they said that it’s the internet problem and the discussion ended – even when we told them that this problem is on LAN, on our own servers, even with bots.
After that they did not even tried to response on our messages – they are simply using a bot to talk back to our messages that “They are investigating the problem”. And it ends like this for about a year and nothing has changed.

After we investigated the problem with .DLL file, we reported it to the Support.
We asked them, did they worked on the problem or they are still investigating. They have respond that they cannot answer that question.

After these years, we still try to solve the problem. Maybe some of you really know the problem and can help the community to run those games properly ? Maybe together we can find a way to repair them and once again enjoy playing our favorite games ?
Also, we are looking for help to publicize the affair, so that developers will make some moves to fix up games. Especially, if any of you, dear users, have contact to developers and can send them this message, we will be grateful for your help.

I’m looking forward for your opinions and eventual help.

Best regards

assombrosso

Re: Thread from 2010 regarding bullet registration and recoil

Post by assombrosso » 05 Oct 2022, 16:16

Yes bro, this lag is in fact account related, differs from one pc to another pc and from location to another due to ISP or electricity/EMI.

I have personally read many many threads about people encountering the same lag but they fixed it or made it playable using different ways.
With some users, it was their pc parts, others with electricity/emi (they used generators or ferrite cores ) and with some it was their account.

I did so many things that helped my lag, I created many steam accounts and they all were almost lag free in the first couple of matches then lag returned.
I did a custom windows reinstalls frequently and this helped with the new steam accounts I created for 2-3 hours, I tried a windows reinstall in my main, and it hasn’t worked at all. So that was weird.
Windows reinstalls for my new accounts don’t work at the mommy but it used to work flawlessly before.

I tried a brand new motherboard and it fixed lag by a big amount then lag returned after few days,

I tried 6 locations + different net cafes, lag returned after awhile.

Tdm servers are better than faceit servers.

From all of my experiences, it’s account related, it’s servers related, it’s computer related.

Some ppl have one of those and it doesn’t affect them that much, some have two, and some have all the reasons.

Your best solution is try to make it to get affected by 1-2 reasons and have some decent playable cs at the very least.

At the moment, I can’t do anything at all. All games are a laggy mess and they are a laggy mess 24-7.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 05 Oct 2022, 16:48

As far as I can remember I was never able to play decently on my steam account in any game, in many different locations, using many different ISPs. When I played on a friend's laptop I saw that even animation of enemy being killed is displayed fully while on my PC it's partly missing.

mybad

Post by mybad » 05 Oct 2022, 20:47

I will share very interesting information with you.
In an old time before steam was released, before September 2003, the valve used the WON system.
But, so many users used the pirate version of CS and had the same WON number, and after the 2003 pirate version of steam with the same SteamID.
What I try to say, for example, from September 2003 every player should have a different Steam number, but, when players use a pirate version of steam and receive the same SteamID, Steam 0:0:0, I good remember this when checking who is played on my server, we can provide ban only by the IP.
Then mean, the valve cant monitor the player by SteamID on the pirate server, but input lag still manipulates by the server.
You can make conclusions from my information by yourself.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 08 Oct 2022, 13:13

mybad wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 20:47
I will share very interesting information with you.
In an old time before steam was released, before September 2003, the valve used the WON system.
But, so many users used the pirate version of CS and had the same WON number, and after the 2003 pirate version of steam with the same SteamID.
What I try to say, for example, from September 2003 every player should have a different Steam number, but, when players use a pirate version of steam and receive the same SteamID, Steam 0:0:0, I good remember this when checking who is played on my server, we can provide ban only by the IP.
Then mean, the valve cant monitor the player by SteamID on the pirate server, but input lag still manipulates by the server.
You can make conclusions from my information by yourself.
Sorry I didn’t understand this due to bad English. What do you mean by “input lag still manipulates by the server” ? Do you mean input lag existed for those players with non valve monitored steam accounts ? Which means input lag is unrelated to valve ?

mybad

Post by mybad » 08 Oct 2022, 23:45

sorry, I can try to explain.
When we played the pirate version of counter strike, every player had the same steamID number, steamID 0.0.0
I am trying to say, Valve cant manipulate users through SteamID numbers.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 09 Oct 2022, 11:12

that reddit post is mine.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 10 Oct 2022, 07:12

n1zoo wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 11:12
that reddit post is mine.
Didn't know that however I saw your discussion on dslreport forum

mago

Post by mago » 11 Oct 2022, 07:25

assombrosso wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 16:16

From all of my experiences, it’s account related....
is it like anti cheat measurement ?
or cause the lag, the Server engine "study" it and change the way game is running ?
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 12 Oct 2022, 15:24

mago wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 07:25
assombrosso wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 16:16

From all of my experiences, it’s account related....
is it like anti cheat measurement ?
or cause the lag, the Server engine "study" it and change the way game is running ?
Yes something like this. I have many accounts as we speak where one is choppy stuttery than the other ones, and my mouse control is like 2kg rock when I use it. Other accounts same issue but at much lesser degree so I 100% confirm it’s also account related.