I fixed my Desync/input Lag/Hitreg in CSGO

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
InputLagger

Re: I fixed my Desync/input Lag/Hitreg in CSGO

Post by InputLagger » 15 Jan 2023, 02:00

D3scendent wrote:
11 Jan 2023, 05:28

Other findings:
- This problem is ALWAYS present when playing against Russians, usually on EU North servers. Having my rate set to anything other than 40000 results in constant insta-deaths. I genuinely think Russla has some sort of traffic shaping going on (probably due to censorship) that gives a timing advantage in CS:GO.

I can tell you the same for EU guys. They just popup on the screen in DM fired 4 bullets from AK in HALF second to body without any miss, like im standing and Thats it (104 dmg). This happens very often in DM

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 16 Jan 2023, 11:05

espresso wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 04:10
The last 10%
After i did that i felt i was at 80-90% it just wasn't very consistent. I used the Alt*Tab method but after some time it went away.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the alt tab method?

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 16 Jan 2023, 15:25

If you alt tab, the picture at monitor freezes a while, blackscreens and it seems that it resets desync.

gregoriusgreg22

Post by gregoriusgreg22 » 22 Jan 2023, 06:23

D3scendent wrote:
My hit detection in warmup is usually on point winning easily most 1v1s but early on in the match something changes. The same guy is was dominating in warmup and early rounds is now prefiring me constantly, my spray patterns are bizarre and enemies i do manage to kill, die half a second after I've released the mouse button.
I've noticed the same thing about the hit registration in warmups. It seems as if lag compensation and all the field-levelling algorithms kick in AFTER the warmup.

kamara45

Post by kamara45 » 25 Jan 2023, 01:26

triplese wrote:
13 Jan 2023, 19:25
D3scendent wrote:
I have found that this whole desync problem can be partially alleviated by setting my rate to 40000 in MM and 60000 in Deathmatch (40k in DM creates too much choke). I haven't found anyone else talking about this on the internet but its definitely worth trying for yourself.
Confirming, with ~40000 rate gameplay is much more close to OK.
But it is strange, because I have 1gbit symmetrical FTTH and have same with 100mbit copper on other ISP on start of my lag journey...
BTW, in Russla at least 2 major ISPs connecting last few years users by GPON/EPON. Users reporting it in forum of my router.
You mean 400000? Because lowest value is 62500

skazer

Post by skazer » 19 Mar 2023, 12:10

My inputlag problem, ghosting kicks off when it goes into a teamspeak or discord server it becomes completely unplayable. I always used my ts3 server, but trying another server I realized that it works better. I played a week there where he saw the game very well, my bullet records were very good and the same thing happened again. I tried reinstalling windows and leaving everything by default and I also optimized my computer a lot, reinstalled different nvidia drivers and the one that works best is 441.41, sometimes I reinstall it again and it works better. I feel my heavy crosshair, I move and it seems that I am in a swamp, I see people move with impressive acceleration, bullets do not register and inhuman bullets hit me all the time, when I see the game well I can open up and kill them easily, hold angles, I have the possibility to err and correct. I have 6k hours in csgo, I know my level, I understand the game but it feels so frustrating to be limited and not be able to make a difference against people who have 1k, 2k hours. Then you see the demo and the rivals look like bots.

personal computer:
ryzen 5 5600x (I use ryzen master and I undervolt it due to temperatures, but I don't have fps losses and before using it the same thing happened to me) Before with an i5 7400 the same thing happened to me with the ts3.
8gb ram 3200mhz
gtx1050ti
1tb hard drive

any solution?

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 19 Mar 2023, 17:16

skazer wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 12:10
My inputlag problem, ghosting kicks off when it goes into a teamspeak or discord server it becomes completely unplayable. I always used my ts3 server, but trying another server I realized that it works better. I played a week there where he saw the game very well, my bullet records were very good and the same thing happened again. I tried reinstalling windows and leaving everything by default and I also optimized my computer a lot, reinstalled different nvidia drivers and the one that works best is 441.41, sometimes I reinstall it again and it works better. I feel my heavy crosshair, I move and it seems that I am in a swamp, I see people move with impressive acceleration, bullets do not register and inhuman bullets hit me all the time, when I see the game well I can open up and kill them easily, hold angles, I have the possibility to err and correct. I have 6k hours in csgo, I know my level, I understand the game but it feels so frustrating to be limited and not be able to make a difference against people who have 1k, 2k hours. Then you see the demo and the rivals look like bots.

personal computer:
ryzen 5 5600x (I use ryzen master and I undervolt it due to temperatures, but I don't have fps losses and before using it the same thing happened to me) Before with an i5 7400 the same thing happened to me with the ts3.
8gb ram 3200mhz
gtx1050ti
1tb hard drive

any solution?
To fix this I lower the priority of apps that don't need high priority: discord/voice, steam, browsers. I lower priority of windows dwm.exe to normal, and increase wininit.exe to real-time. See the guide in my signature for more info on that.

I have also found using high rates to be part of the problem, and currently lowered to 196608 rate. I might experiment with a lower rate, though. I'm guessing there must have been a change in Windows/CSGO/nvidia that caused higher rates to be problematic.

Is there a reason you don't just stick with 441.41 drivers? Pre-460 drivers don't have the new MPO design, so they are likely still the best for older games.

gregoriusgreg22

Post by gregoriusgreg22 » 22 Mar 2023, 12:40

They've just announced Counter Strike 2, so hopefully some or maybe all of our problems will be gone.

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 22 Mar 2023, 21:08

And new ones will come to existence :lol:

The replacement of old tickrate system looks like a nice blackbox. And new source of mysterious issues (called source 2 lol).

espresso

Post by espresso » 23 Mar 2023, 07:30

joseph_from_pilsen wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 21:08
And new ones will come to existence :lol:

The replacement of old tickrate system looks like a nice blackbox. And new source of mysterious issues (called source 2 lol).
Pretty sure this is just a ploy to shut up the "we want 128Tick" crowd.
Their Business is selling skins, therefor they need as many customers as possible, therefor they need to create an even playing field.

If they wanted to make it competitive, they would remove their dogshit lag compensation and go 500+ Tickrate.

We had sys_ticrate 10000 in CS1.3 in 2005 but i guess we lost that technology