I fixed my Desync/input Lag/Hitreg in CSGO

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
triplese

Re: I fixed my Desync/input Lag/Hitreg in CSGO

Post by triplese » 14 Oct 2022, 04:52

InputLagger wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 14:31
Maybe, your reason for the lag is slightly different ;)
I dont think that 150+ PCs on major etc is being optimized same way, because all CPU is different and silicon lottery not giving any chance to set voltage-freq equal for all PCs. My friend have same 5950x, but he have 4.4 @ lower voltage (better silicon).
Same for windows optimization - who will tune finicky registry fixes on 150 PCs? Yes, its possible, but if configuration/tuning is not same for all players - this will be biggest scandal in esports history, so I very sceptical about any tunings. PC shall work OK just out of the box with clean licensed windows.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-14 124600.png
Screenshot 2022-10-14 124600.png (455.62 KiB) Viewed 8538 times

espresso

Post by espresso » 14 Oct 2022, 05:36

triplese wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 04:52
InputLagger wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 14:31
Maybe, your reason for the lag is slightly different ;)
I dont think that 150+ PCs on major etc is being optimized same way, because all CPU is different and silicon lottery not giving any chance to set voltage-freq equal for all PCs. My friend have same 5950x, but he have 4.4 @ lower voltage (better silicon).
Same for windows optimization - who will tune finicky registry fixes on 150 PCs? Yes, its possible, but if configuration/tuning is not same for all players - this will be biggest scandal in esports history, so I very sceptical about any tunings. PC shall work OK just out of the box with clean licensed windows.
They optimize 1 System and Clone the SSD's/Bios Settings. Beyond that Proplayers are surprisingly absolutely illiterate when it come to gaming optimization. Even today a large portion of CS Pros still play in 4:3 and with big fat high rise mechanical Keyboards. There is literllay nothing OP about it other than it was used before there was anything else in 2004.

The fact that people who experience the problems we do, are a very SMALL MINORITY points to three scenarios:
1: This is a very extremely rare and isolated incidence
2: It is wide spread but only very few people are able to notice it
3. A mix of both above

I mean what is striking, like 99% of people who come here and complain are people who have tried EVERYTHING to fix. But what if in their pursuit of perfection they actually bugged the system themselves with some dubios placebo tweaks?

triplese

Post by triplese » 14 Oct 2022, 06:33

espresso wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 05:36
They optimize 1 System and Clone the SSD's/Bios Settings.
You cannot clone bios settings because silicon lottery. Setting some absolute values to voltage/freq of any core/chip (RAM/GPU/CPU) on 150 PCs will lead to unpredictable results. I have had work as heldpesk admin in big IT company and from 10 new threadripper workstations (price is about $10k - literally all newest gear) that wasnt had any BIOS tweaks few was faulting on heavy tasks. All of them was have same config and installed from one optimized windows image, that was using org-wide without any problems. I have tons of such stories. There is no 2 100%-equal PCs even if part-numbers of all of components is equal.
Beyond that Proplayers are surprisingly absolutely illiterate when it come to gaming optimization.
Yes, proplayers is illiterate, but they spent thousands more hours in their games and know how it should be felt.
Even today a large portion of CS Pros still play in 4:3 and with big fat high rise mechanical Keyboards.
Its not about illiterality, but consistency. You cant switch to 16:9 fast enough (check zywoo's previous year stats when he switched to 16:9, and this year he is playing 4:3 again).
I mean what is striking, like 99% of people who come here and complain are people who have tried EVERYTHING to fix. But what if in their pursuit of perfection they actually bugged the system themselves with some dubios placebo tweaks?
Yup, absolutely. To fix such complex problem you need to note all steps what you need to do, then tweak step 1 and test few days to make sure its not daytime/nightime/your sleep/reaction -related placebo. And if its placebo - revert tweak (will it revert correctly, if its some windows optimizations?) and only then try step 2.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 14 Oct 2022, 07:39

I think the reason why it worked well for you is that every laptop/pc has a few strong windows reinstall, the first reinstall is the best one, where lag completely go away and it goes away for a while, the more you reinstall the less effective it becomes. I swear to god that this was my experience in different pcs, I don’t know why and I’ll never know why but I heard similar stuff from other users. With this said, your lag will comeback soon and a windows reinstall won’t fix it for this long, it will be few days or less than that.

espresso

Post by espresso » 16 Oct 2022, 02:43

assombrosso wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 07:39
your lag will comeback soon and a windows reinstall won’t fix it for this long, it will be few days or less than that.
Observations: Yesterday it felt like the lag is coming back, game still feels crispy but i can start to feel the forcefield around enemies again, i get Ferrari peeked. I was in disbelieve. I start up my second account to test and to my surprise it is 1000 times worse there, i get trashed by the biggest bots. Then i remembered this Post https://twitter.com/fREQUENCYCS/status/ ... 3452361728 and it dawned on me. I have received a few cases and stickers since i fixed it the first time.(on my second account i have like 100 cases) I sell them Immediately and it feels better again right away. Dont ask me why, but having a trashed inventory makes your game laggy again. This is maybe why people report (like i did) that even with a brand new account, after a few days the lag comes back. Because you will receive some cases and stickers.

Second Observation, i was playing around with the "-high" flag, i took it off and it was way worse. I played around a bit and saw that a few other programs where flying the High/Higher than Normal flagImage (pic taken from my non gaming partition) i set them all to normal, except wininit.exe which i was not able to change the state and this seemed to further stabilize.
Attachments
priority.jpg
priority.jpg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 8311 times

triplese

Post by triplese » 16 Oct 2022, 14:05

espresso wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 02:43
Observations: Yesterday it felt like the lag is coming back,
It was obvious
espresso wrote:
have received a few cases and stickers since i fixed it the first time.(on my second account i have like 100 cases) I sell them Immediately and it feels better again right away. Dont ask me why, but having a trashed inventory makes your game laggy again. This is maybe why people report (like i did) that even with a brand new account, after a few days the lag comes back. Because you will receive some cases and stickers.
How about games without cases and stickers? :mrgreen:
espresso wrote:
Second Observation, i was playing around with the "-high" flag, i took it off and it was way worse. I played around a bit and saw that a few other programs where flying the High/Higher than Normal flagImage (pic taken from my non gaming partition) i set them all to normal, except wininit.exe which i was not able to change the state and this seemed to further stabilize.
In csgo you dont need any flags except tickrate (if you playing 128 tickrate ofc), freq, novid and autoexec you cfg. You can find this on reddit from valve dev. Any other 'magical tweaks' can be part of your problem

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 16 Oct 2022, 15:51

espresso wrote:
assombrosso wrote:
14 Oct 2022, 07:39
your lag will comeback soon and a windows reinstall won’t fix it for this long, it will be few days or less than that.
Observations: Yesterday it felt like the lag is coming back, game still feels crispy but i can start to feel the forcefield around enemies again, i get Ferrari peeked. I was in disbelieve. I start up my second account to test and to my surprise it is 1000 times worse there, i get trashed by the biggest bots. Then i remembered this Post https://twitter.com/fREQUENCYCS/status/ ... 3452361728 and it dawned on me. I have received a few cases and stickers since i fixed it the first time.(on my second account i have like 100 cases) I sell them Immediately and it feels better again right away. Dont ask me why, but having a trashed inventory makes your game laggy again. This is maybe why people report (like i did) that even with a brand new account, after a few days the lag comes back. Because you will receive some cases and stickers.

I don’t know what to tell you bro but the lag is always bound to comeback no matter what. These little tweaks might change the lag feel for a game or two but it will comeback and then those tweaks will no longer be effective anymore . It’s like the lag algorithms learn how to counter your fixes and tweaks, and once they do that, it’s over.

Slender

Post by Slender » 22 Oct 2022, 15:59

if u use default windows just try ggos, and u feel different

triplese

Post by triplese » 22 Oct 2022, 16:58

Slender wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 15:59
Any proplayer/tournament org that using this "magic" OS?

Slender

Post by Slender » 22 Oct 2022, 16:59

triplese wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 16:58
Slender wrote:
22 Oct 2022, 15:59
Any proplayer/tournament org that using this "magic" OS?
I'm not sure that organizations care about how the mouse moves.
you can put it yourself and figure it out. as the person wrote above, professional players are noobs in terms of setting up the system